Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) vs Sixers (0-0) Preseason Game #1 10/4/16  (Read 58774 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) vs Sixers (0-0) Preseason Game #1 10/4/16
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2016, 11:26:04 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
3 TPs to anyone who can tell me how to watch the game if I don't live in Boston. Please help me out guys I want to watch Marcus and Jaylen so bad
Doesnt the nba usually show free league pass in the preseason?
nawww i thought so as well but its ONLY Canada and World games, not domestic ones (!?!?!)
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2016, 11:28:27 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I noticed at nba.com the tv schedule does NOT list the celtic-76er game and the next game versus the hornets as not being on tv anywhere. I live in so cal and not even my tivo for the 1st time in 22 years does not show any games of the celtics listed until they play the knicks  on nba tv.I sure hope this is a mistake,because i have always been able to watch al  the pre season games on nba league pass. BUT this is the first year with frontier who replaced verizon fios in southern california, and so far the only games showing up on the schedule are those on nba tv espn,and TNT.

Same for me in Florida and Frontier won't let me order LP 'til the 18th...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2016, 11:29:56 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
3 TPs to anyone who can tell me how to watch the game if I don't live in Boston. Please help me out guys I want to watch Marcus and Jaylen so bad
Doesnt the nba usually show free league pass in the preseason?
The 1st week of the regular season is free and they have a few other free periods during the season. 

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2016, 12:02:39 PM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
gerald's injury has a nice little silver lining = more jaylen.

PS. good to have these threads back again. I always enjoy the communal freakouts near the end of games.

TP to FLCelts for holding it down.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 01:11:51 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

you can also watch a replay on nbahd.net if you cant find a reddit stream for today
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 02:23:49 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
TP FLcets

Game threads are the best
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2016, 02:50:26 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I noticed at nba.com the tv schedule does NOT list the celtic-76er game and the next game versus the hornets as not being on tv anywhere. I live in so cal and not even my tivo for the 1st time in 22 years does not show any games of the celtics listed until they play the knicks  on nba tv.I sure hope this is a mistake,because i have always been able to watch al  the pre season games on nba league pass. BUT this is the first year with frontier who replaced verizon fios in southern california, and so far the only games showing up on the schedule are those on nba tv espn,and TNT.

Same for me in Florida and Frontier won't let me order LP 'til the 18th...

Same in PA. I have FIOS and ordered NBALP yesterday, but it looks like they're not showing it on tv this year and only on Broadband, which is BS.

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2016, 03:34:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
drive (of fly depending on where you are) to Boston and catch the game at a local bar

Or, fly to Philadelphia. Or, ask one of us fanatics on CB to give you a play-by-play. OR, don't watch it and pout about it (like me).
TP for even more options I didn't consider!

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2016, 03:53:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Well suck eggs ...

I called TW won't take sign ups for new season of L. Pass.  till another two weeks out .... :-X

Cable companies are so suck .....run by idiots

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2016, 04:05:15 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Well suck eggs ...

I called TW won't take sign ups for new season of L. Pass.  till another two weeks out .... :-X

Cable companies are so suck .....run by idiots

I'll join you in your whine--except my beef is with the NBA's web site this year. I know the usual excuse is alignment for phones, but I swear the state of the art of commercial web sites peaked in 2014--and the NBA is right there in the downhill slide. What a hot mess they've got. Just try clicking on a game, such as tonight's, for useful info.

And while we're at it, the csnne.com and celtics.com sites somehow got ruined as well. They both had pretty good ones, but in trying to boost their video content, I think it is, they've become less user friendly as well.

Okay, I'm done.

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2016, 04:55:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Embiid will only play 12 minutes today. Probably two stints in the first half and that's it.

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2016, 05:24:00 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
While on twitter and stuff, watching the scrimmage game and other clips from warm ups and practice, I've noticed that Isaiah seems to have altered his form a little this offseason. And unlike Marcus's change, I don't like Isaiah's change. He seems to be pushing the ball more, rather than putting arc on it. It doesn't look right. Something is different about it. I'll be on the lookout tonight to see if it's that noticeable or if it has any effects on his shot.

Here's an example from today: https://www.instagram.com/p/BLJ9471hwys/
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2016, 05:31:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Should we set the over/under on how many minutes embiid plays until his foot falls off at around 10 minutes ?

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2016, 05:37:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Every year we purchase league pass via xfinity/Comcast and every year when we go to sign up for broadband and put in our xfinity account number it claims they can't find the associated league pass account.  So for about 5 years straight I've had to create a support ticket on NBA.com showing them proof of purchase (my xfinity bill). Massive pain in the butt. 

I tried to activate broadband right now and it once again says there's no league pass associated with that xfinity account number.  So I called xfinity and it doesn't even seem like they can activate it right now.  There's no way to add it through the xfinity website either.  They aren't even showing pricing information. 

So I guess I just have to wait ? 

So annoying this is always so clunky.   Please PM me the best pirated steam you can find of this game... Or just post it publicly here.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm paying to see this game and I better have a way of watching it even if it's "illegal".  I need to watch the 5 minutes of Embiid's NBA career. 

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2016, 05:39:33 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
While on twitter and stuff, watching the scrimmage game and other clips from warm ups and practice, I've noticed that Isaiah seems to have altered his form a little this offseason. And unlike Marcus's change, I don't like Isaiah's change. He seems to be pushing the ball more, rather than putting arc on it. It doesn't look right. Something is different about it. I'll be on the lookout tonight to see if it's that noticeable or if it has any effects on his shot.

Here's an example from today: https://www.instagram.com/p/BLJ9471hwys/
It's a more compact stroke.  Perhaps it looks awkward because he is still getting used to it.  If it leads to a quicker release then that's a good thing.