Author Topic: Scrimmage game tonight  (Read 14876 times)

Re: Scrimmage game tonight
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2016, 08:37:50 AM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Did no-one else see jaylen shake off crowder and bradley with a hard cross? He did pass out on one but the cross againt bradley he made a nice spin through two more players but left it short on the rim   >:(

« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2016, 09:06:18 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Yeah, Horford, Bradley and IT were probably going half speed so you have to take their performance with a grain of salt. Rozier and Smart and Brown looked super legit though and I wouldn't be surprised if our second unit is one of the best in the league this year. If JB can improve finishing around the rim, he'll be a terror scorer.

Why would they go half speed?

« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2016, 10:30:25 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
I did not see this posted anywhere here, so I will.

I hope this is all true.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/09/marcus_smart_shooting_form_bos.html
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2016, 10:38:31 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I did not see this posted anywhere here, so I will.

I hope this is all true.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/09/marcus_smart_shooting_form_bos.html

TP for the find and the ridiculously good news!
His shot looked sweet in the scrimmage and definitely looked different, this confirms my suspicious.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2016, 11:54:21 AM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Just watched the hawks scrimmage very very sloppy compared to ours. Dwight didnt play great but got better at the end was horrid at the free throw line but hit a nice faceup jumper off the glass from about 16.

« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2016, 01:17:50 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Yeah, Horford, Bradley and IT were probably going half speed so you have to take their performance with a grain of salt. Rozier and Smart and Brown looked super legit though and I wouldn't be surprised if our second unit is one of the best in the league this year. If JB can improve finishing around the rim, he'll be a terror scorer.

Why would they go half speed?

Maybe I'm not using the right term. What I was going for was that the effort those guys put in this game wasn't the same type of effort they were putting in a regular season game whereas the bench (particularly our defensive troika of smart, roze and brown) were locked in. No metrics to qualify it. Just an eye test. I just don't think Horford will be this invisible once the regular season comes around.
- LilRip

« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2016, 01:18:14 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Just watched the hawks scrimmage very very sloppy compared to ours. Dwight didnt play great but got better at the end was horrid at the free throw line but hit a nice faceup jumper off the glass from about 16.

did he play better than Horford?  ;)

kidding, but how was the Schroder/Howard game going, and what about their spacing? cuz with Horford gone now, i have to imagine that Budenholzer had to restructure the offense a little bit to make up for Howard's inabilty to shoot
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2016, 01:29:14 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
If Smart fixes his shot and can defend the 4 that would be something.

« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2016, 02:32:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Mickey = awful

« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2016, 02:42:39 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Mickey = awful

Yeah, he's non-existent. An above average athlete with below average size and below average skills. I'm surprised he's not in the roster cut discussion along with Hunter and Young. 

« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2016, 02:44:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Mickey = awful

Yeah, he's non-existent. An above average athlete with below average size and below average skills. I'm surprised he's not in the roster cut discussion along with Hunter and Young.

Dump Mickey and Hunter .....give me Nader

« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2016, 03:48:20 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

I think Smart defending the 4 has gone a little to far and I'll blame it on Danny. In a pinch against small ball 4's sure, but can he defend Horford? No.

« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2016, 04:27:07 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

I think Smart defending the 4 has gone a little to far and I'll blame it on Danny. In a pinch against small ball 4's sure, but can he defend Horford? No.

You're only doing it in a pinch anyway, it's not like he's guarding the 4 with Amir & Horford out there.

« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2016, 04:43:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Those who watched it the game, can you give me you A-F grades on how everyone looked? 

Seems a lot of people are raving about Rozier.  That's exciting.

« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2016, 05:33:01 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Those who watched it the game, can you give me you A-F grades on how everyone looked? 

Seems a lot of people are raving about Rozier.  That's exciting.

Is there an A++ grade scale ? Because that's what Rozier deserves. Defending, Rebounding, Scoring....

All star in the making if you ask me. Keep the development going. He's going to be better than Turner.