Author Topic: Scrimmage game tonight  (Read 14779 times)

Re: Scrimmage game tonight
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2016, 08:21:33 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Avery Bradley was absent for me tonight. I still believe we should trade him while his value is high. If Smart proves to be consistent, he's going to take his spot. It'll be interesting to see how comfortable he is as a 3rd maybe 4th option behind IT, Horford, and Crowder.

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2016, 08:24:17 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
takeaways:

smaht and roze look beast mode

young vs rj not much going on but young looks better right now and he rbs. also apparently young has stood out in practice. danny said he made all his shots in practice yesterday.

jaylen is fast and agile. needs to work on D.

Z is still meh

mickey is meh

that camp invite looks solid (hunt I think)

danny said djay is gonna get time in maine so i guess that means hes in?

love the bench making the starters work, can only make them gel faster and make them better.

bentil is not good.

i cant remember much more. good night for work, i enjoyed it!

It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2016, 08:30:15 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Young looked better than Hunter tonight.
He looked more active, grabbed some rebounds, ran the floor on the fast break, nice lob to Amir.

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2016, 08:33:54 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
takeaways:

young vs rj not much going on but young looks better right now and he rbs. also apparently young has stood out in practice. danny said he made all his shots in practice yesterday.

Z is still meh

mickey is meh

love the bench making the starters work, can only make them gel faster and make them better.

bentil is not good.

Nice summary.  Seems odd that they even need camp invites with 16 contracts in place.  They can play 5-on-5 and still have 3 bench players each.

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2016, 08:36:28 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
Young looked better than Hunter tonight.
He looked more active, grabbed some rebounds, ran the floor on the fast break, nice lob to Amir.

yep. rj didnt do anything so thats why i said it was no battle tonight but I guess that does bode well for young. about 3 players at the end of preseason are going home with hurt feelings, for the Cs sake, may the best man win.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2016, 08:37:19 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
takeaways:

Z is still meh

mickey is meh

bentil is not good.

Nice summary.  Seems odd that they even need camp invites with 16 contracts in place.  They can play 5-on-5 and still have 3 bench players each.

true but i think its for players they are trying out for maine.

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2016, 08:50:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Poor Bentil .....history

Rozier is improving by leaps and bounds

Mickey .....suspect so far

RJ ....may get the PINK SLIP

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2016, 09:01:20 PM »

Offline ViolentGhandi

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
darn missed it - hopefully someone shares a captured version on tube or somesuch. I was really hyped to see some actuall basketball instead of interviews for a change. Mental note: gotta get me a 2nd clock running eastern time within my line of sight b4 the season starts.

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2016, 09:32:36 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I've said it for a while, and I'll say it again. Jaylen's first step is NBA ready, and his ability to get to the rack has elite level potential. Combine that with his solid defense (as a rookie) me his insane athleticism, and we could really have a player on our hands. Don't be surprised if he gives a little more than some are expecting this season. He could be a guy we look to when we just need to turn back momentum.

Terry and Marcus both looked really good. If they can both at least shoot 33% or better from 3, I don't think we'll be missing ET all that much. Terry seems to have slowed the game down. Great sign for a 2nd year guy.

We'll see what happens, but so far I give Young the edge to make it over Bentil and Hunter. He's looked a little improved, guys are talking about his new found aggressiveness, and if h can consistently hit shots (which he SHOULD be able to do), he has much higher upside than RJ. It'll be interesting to see how preseason shakes out, because if Young shows any real improvement and RJ doesn't, I wouldn't be shocked to see them keep Young instead.

Not much concern about the starters performance. Lord knows they're not killing themselves in the intra-squad scrimmage. All conclusions from this thing obviously come with a big grain of salt.

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2016, 09:41:57 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I think Rozier, KO, Smart & Jaylen are going to embarrass a lot of second units this year.  KO and Jaylen in particular should be abusing some of the bad defenders out there.  KO has always struck me as a 6th man who can unleash his arsenal on the other team's bench, sort of like a dorky Odom.

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2016, 09:57:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I just missed it    :'(

« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2016, 10:05:17 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I think Rozier, KO, Smart & Jaylen are going to embarrass a lot of second units this year.  KO and Jaylen in particular should be abusing some of the bad defenders out there.  KO has always struck me as a 6th man who can unleash his arsenal on the other team's bench, sort of like a dorky Odom.

I hope KO starts and AJ is paired with Jerebko off the bench. KO and JJ isn't really a great combination--and neither is AH and AJ.

« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2016, 10:08:13 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
Avery Bradley was absent for me tonight. I still believe we should trade him while his value is high. If Smart proves to be consistent, he's going to take his spot. It'll be interesting to see how comfortable he is as a 3rd maybe 4th option behind IT, Horford, and Crowder.

Or 5th, if KO starts instead of AJ. Either way AB is their least efficient starter.

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2016, 10:11:05 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Exciting for sure!

Rozier
Smart
Brown

All looked really good in relation to their experience! Even Young was good for the first time.  :)

« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2016, 10:11:46 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
Based on this broadcast, I'd probably think Rozier was DA's favorite player.

ive said it before: danny seems to LOVE terry.

he was also the primary ball handler for the second unit in this scrimmage (something people said i was wrong about)

Yep--did you see the joint interview they did for celtics.com on media day? Danny was seriously, and I mean seriously, talking TRoz up. (Along with busting him about his earring.)