Author Topic: Kevin Garnett  (Read 1163 times)

Kevin Garnett
« on: September 30, 2016, 12:10:00 PM »

Offline Mattybriand

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
With the Clippers and Cavs extending job offers, I really hope Danny offered KG a chance to come back to Boston... would love him to have some impact on our young players..

Also Clippers just posted a picture with KG at practice.

Another thought unsure how KG and Brad Stevens would interact

Re: Kevin Garnett
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 12:26:55 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
KG is retiring.  Father Time has caught up to him and he can't be effective on the court anymore.

Why does every NBA news story have to spun to how it could benefit the Boston Celtics?

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 12:38:35 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
KG is retiring.  Father Time has caught up to him and he can't be effective on the court anymore.

I don't think their offers are for him to play but to join coaching staff

Why does every NBA news story have to spun to how it could benefit the Boston Celtics?

AND this just isn't some NBA news story, THIS IS THE BIG TICKET! And arguably the reason why we got ship# 17. So imo Danny should give him and Pierce a call and invites to be part of staff

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 12:55:49 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

Because 2 franchises have offered him a coaching job, and the OP thinks it'd be great to have KG on staff. It's not unreasonable to hope that an important player to the franchise could back and coach here one day.

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 01:08:40 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
yeah, i bet KG doesnt really know CBS. and if KG doesnt know and trust you, its not going to work.
too bad for us though.
maybe its still a possibility.

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 01:13:44 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
not sure if anyone posted this yet but I can totally see KG helping Doc out in LA, whether it's on the coaching staff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyrDivVYmDs

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 01:29:59 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Kind of sad for guys like Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett. They played so long, they don't know anything else. Now it's training camp and Duncan is hanging out around Spurs practices and KG found his way to Doc's camp in L.A.

It feels sort of like the guys who graduate but just hang around school because they didn't figure out what to do next. Awesome that they still have love for the game. But hopefully it's not just because they never developed a love for anything else.

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 04:55:52 PM »

Offline Mattybriand

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
I am strictly talking about a coaching position,,
Ala Clifford Ray back in the Al Jeff days