Author Topic: Rozier standing out in camp  (Read 4622 times)

Re: Rozier standing out in camp
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 06:23:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Rozier is going to be a good steady player.  Took AB a few years to get his NBA shot decent .  I like Rozier attacking the basket with those short pull up shots close in.  He seems to have a knack for those .  They are harder to make I think than a lot of the long stuff.

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 06:51:25 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Who is better, Terry or Kris Dunn. Kris is almost exactly a year older. I think there is discussion to be had here. Even in summer league Terry was arguably better.

Im pretty sure Dunn is going to be a better player then Rozier - he's already got a better skill set (passing, court vision, defense, handles) then Rozier has.

I do think Rozier will be very good though.

Inagine Derek Rose in his prime, bit with elite defense.  Thats what I see Dunn becoming.  He's an absolute run/jump athlete who also has outstanding physical strength - not quite Marcus Smart strong, but one notch below.  Combine that with top shelf ball handling, borderline elite defense, excellent rebounding, and great passing/handles...the kid is already a consistent jumper away from being a complete player and hasnt even played a single NBA game yet.

Rozier is I think a poor man's Dunn in that hes got really good strength and athleticism, is a solid ball handler and defender, and a capable passer.  I do think Rozier has the potential to be a better scorer then Dunn, butI think Dunn will be the better all round player by a significant margin IF injuries don't hold him back.

That Dunn kid is a serious stud.

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 06:50:04 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Who is better, Terry or Kris Dunn. Kris is almost exactly a year older. I think there is discussion to be had here. Even in summer league Terry was arguably better.

This is a pretty interesting point that terry is younger than done. If terry played last year in college what would he have gone in the draft?

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 09:57:32 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Gotta build that trade value  ;D

Simmons' injury makes it more likely Philly will trade for a PG. Rozier could be a target for Noel if he shines pre-season.

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 10:42:03 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Simmons' injury makes it more likely Philly will trade for a PG. Rozier could be a target for Noel if he shines pre-season.

I mean I half half joking, I think Rozier can play a role for us this year. I do think however that we need to consolidate some of our fringe core assets. Guys like KO, Rozier, Bradley, Amir etc. Guys like Young, Mickey and Hunter are throw ins, they are Dwight Powell level. Rozier could have some serious value around the trade deadline. Maybe his value could help us put together a package that would net Cousins?

If I'm trading Rozier to Philly it's for Okafor not Noel. I don't get the need for  Noel, he isn't transforming our defence, we already have our defensive bigs in Amir and Horford. He struggles in our offense with Smart and Crowder. He ruins our cap space for the summer.

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 11:07:41 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Inagine Derek Rose in his prime, bit with elite defense.  Thats what I see Dunn becoming.  He's an absolute run/jump athlete who also has outstanding physical strength - not quite Marcus Smart strong, but one notch below.  Combine that with top shelf ball handling, borderline elite defense, excellent rebounding, and great passing/handles...the kid is already a consistent jumper away from being a complete player and hasnt even played a single NBA game yet.

So in other words you think Dunn will become a top 3 PG of all time. After all, a PG who can average 25 points, 8 assists and 4 rebounds a game and play lockdown defense would easily be in the mix as the best ever.

I'm not saying he won't - that's why they play the games - but I'd say this is highly unlikely. It seems a bit grandiose. If he were that good, he should have been a lock for the #1 overall pick. After all, Ben Simmons isn't a shoo in to be the next Oscar Robertson.

Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2016, 11:23:25 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

This is a pretty interesting point that terry is younger than done. If terry played last year in college what would he have gone in the draft?

Looks like they're both the same age.  They were born in March of 1994.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Dunn
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Rozier

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 11:34:58 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

So in other words you think Dunn will become a top 3 PG of all time. After all, a PG who can average 25 points, 8 assists and 4 rebounds a game and play lockdown defense would easily be in the mix as the best ever.

I'm not saying he won't - that's why they play the games - but I'd say this is highly unlikely. It seems a bit grandiose. If he were that good, he should have been a lock for the #1 overall pick. After all, Ben Simmons isn't a shoo in to be the next Oscar Robertson.

I see Dunn as closer to a John Wall-type than a better Derrick Rose.  Rose was an incredibly explosive athlete and I don't see Dunn on quite that level though he's got absurd speed like Wall.

Anyway, good to see Rozier standing out - reportedly the Cs are very high on him going forward.  Wonder which guard we'll be losing eventually if that's the case.

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 01:01:20 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Rozier has a similar game to Eric Bledsoe and, like Bledsoe, he can gain considerable value around the league as a reserve before his rookie contract is up. I'm intrigued by his game and potential; he already has the looks of a complete player.

This rotation of guards is going to be a luxury this season and it's going to pose an interesting dilemma these upcoming years as the bargain contracts expire and are renegotiated. We'll get to that bridge, but there's going to be an odd man out.

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2016, 04:56:41 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

I mean I half half joking, I think Rozier can play a role for us this year. I do think however that we need to consolidate some of our fringe core assets. Guys like KO, Rozier, Bradley, Amir etc. Guys like Young, Mickey and Hunter are throw ins, they are Dwight Powell level. Rozier could have some serious value around the trade deadline. Maybe his value could help us put together a package that would net Cousins?

If I'm trading Rozier to Philly it's for Okafor not Noel. I don't get the need for  Noel, he isn't transforming our defence, we already have our defensive bigs in Amir and Horford. He struggles in our offense with Smart and Crowder. He ruins our cap space for the summer.

Have you not heard Danny lately? When he talks about his important young players, he lists Smart, Brown and TRoz. I take it that is considering AB a vet, but still I don't think TRoz is the poor cousin on this team. He's part of the immediate family.