Author Topic: Jae on Jaylen: "He needs to get a motor...not play lazy and laid back."  (Read 14926 times)

Re: Jae on Jaylen: "He needs to get a motor...not play lazy and laid back."
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 11:10:17 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Some fun facts. Crowder played two years in college. Crowder was a better rebounder than Brown his freshman year. 7 to 5.5 rpg.

Brown scored more points and got more fga per game. Crowder was  17.5 ppg 8.5 rpg 2 apg 2.5 spg his sophmore year.

Brown would have likely not done better than that his sophmore year. Maybe scored more points and assisted more. Little chance to do better in RPG and spg.

Crowder was the 34th pick in the draft in 2012 and made 600 K his first year. Last year was the first year he made over a million dollars and made Almost 6.8 million. This year he gets a pay cut at almost 6.3 million.

Jaylen Brown is no where near the player Crowder is right now, he's 19 years old and he's making over 4.7 million this year.

The strangest part of drafting Brown is that iys hard to see him taking Crowders job for the entire duration of Jae's contract. After that who knows.

Actually, Crowder was a 4-year guy. He wasn't recruited out of high school, so he spent his first two years playing at JUCOs before transferring for two years at Marquette. So that's not really a fair comparison. Brown was (and still is) the much superior prospect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jae_Crowder

I just think this  is just Jae giving advice to the rookie. They had clips today of Brown looking really, really good in practice, along with Rozier. He was hustling, boarding, and putting shots back up. If anything, this might be a hint of jealousy with Crowder knowing that Brown is ultimately gunning for his starting spot eventually, though I don't think it's really anything at all.

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 11:22:22 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Crowder is being a great teammate by telling Brown nothing gets handed to you in this league. Crowder knows this well.

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 11:50:33 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
It's the one thing that worries me about Brown.
I don't think he'll ever be as permanently 'sleepy' like Jeff Green was, but he does definitely show flashes of it.

Good for Jae to call him out on it too. It's not always something you can fix, but if they get stuck into him early on, then the chances are better that he'll 'get it'.

Unfortunately someone like James Young or Jeff Green never 'got it' and they are poorer for it.

Brown certainly has killer instincts but he needs those instincts switched on 100% of the time, not 65-75%.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 11:56:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Welcome to the NBA Jaylen!

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 12:11:15 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Some fun facts. Crowder played two years in college. Crowder was a better rebounder than Brown his freshman year. 7 to 5.5 rpg.

Brown scored more points and got more fga per game. Crowder was  17.5 ppg 8.5 rpg 2 apg 2.5 spg his sophmore year.

Brown would have likely not done better than that his sophmore year. Maybe scored more points and assisted more. Little chance to do better in RPG and spg.

Crowder was the 34th pick in the draft in 2012 and made 600 K his first year. Last year was the first year he made over a million dollars and made Almost 6.8 million. This year he gets a pay cut at almost 6.3 million.

Jaylen Brown is no where near the player Crowder is right now, he's 19 years old and he's making over 4.7 million this year.

The strangest part of drafting Brown is that iys hard to see him taking Crowders job for the entire duration of Jae's contract. After that who knows.

Actually, Crowder was a 4-year guy. He wasn't recruited out of high school, so he spent his first two years playing at JUCOs before transferring for two years at Marquette. So that's not really a fair comparison. Brown was (and still is) the much superior prospect.

I just think this  is just Jae giving advice to the rookie. They had clips today of Brown looking really, really good in practice, along with Rozier. He was hustling, boarding, and putting shots back up. If anything, this might be a hint of jealousy with Crowder knowing that Brown is ultimately gunning for his starting spot eventually, though I don't think it's really anything at all.

It's crazy that we have them both locked up for 4 years. It's hard for me to see Crowder losing his starting job anytime soon.

When Crowder is 30, hopefully Jaylen shows us enough by then to give the Money to 23 year old Brown at that time.

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 12:22:26 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Jae is doing everyone a solid here. This is why he's invaluable to the team.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 12:36:28 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

It's crazy that we have them both locked up for 4 years. It's hard for me to see Crowder losing his starting job anytime soon.

When Crowder is 30, hopefully Jaylen shows us enough by then to give the Money to 23 year old Brown at that time.

I'd really hope that Brown earns the starting spot before his rookie contract ends, at least by his third year. That is unless Crowder suddenly makes another leap to like All-Star status or something.

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 12:55:21 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

I'd really hope that Brown earns the starting spot before his rookie contract ends, at least by his third year. That is unless Crowder suddenly makes another leap to like All-Star status or something.

I'm with you Potter, I hope he's an all star from day one. I just think realistically it's going to take a long time.

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2016, 01:05:23 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

unless we end up getting a franchise big man like DMC, we'll see a lot of Jae and Jaylen on the floor together because of their versatility. Both can guard NBA fours, and both can switch on the pick and roll.

I believe Danny is trying to build a team of players that can all play 2 to 3 positions easily on offense and defend  3 to 4 positions defensively.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 01:22:48 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
This was a reason why I wasnt a fan of the brown pick at first.

then he told us all he was gonna rip some heads off, so i was pleased with that.

then he had a rather subpar first few games of summer league, so i was a little mad again at the pick

then he does great in vegas summer league, so im happy again

then brad talks about how he's really enjoying being with jaylen, so im more happy

now jae says this, and im basically back to the first few games of summer league level again.

whatever the case may be, his play style had better not be as inconsistent as my feelings about him
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2016, 01:57:42 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
It's the deer in headlights or overly patient play from too many young players is what he means. You have to go hard in the NBA on both ends. Look to make a mark every second.

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2016, 02:09:45 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Part of it is going to be hesitancy by Jaylen. A motor is not just hard work it's also confidence. As he gets used to the system he'll develop it and he'll start to impress the guys I reckon

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2016, 03:44:42 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

What Potter said - especially the underlined part..

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2016, 06:07:47 AM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I went back and watched some SL games and he does seem to get back alright so im not sure what hes up to in practice. Crowder might also have seen some guys around the league being lazy and doesn't want Jaylen to become one on of them as he is  pretty much his mentor, being his mentor i wouldn't expect him to compliment Jaylen to often as that's Crowders style. I'm not sure how you could say he is the next Jeff Green.

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2016, 06:11:40 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I went back and watched some SL games and he does seem to get back alright so im not sure what hes up to in practice. Crowder might also have seen some guys around the league being lazy and doesn't want Jaylen to become one on of them as he is  pretty much his mentor, being his mentor i wouldn't expect him to compliment Jaylen to often as that's Crowders style. I'm not sure how you could say he is the next Jeff Green.

Please. Don't anyone bring up Green's name around Brown. Please.