Author Topic: Celtics MVP, Jae Crowder. A Tribute...  (Read 788 times)

Celtics MVP, Jae Crowder. A Tribute...
« on: September 29, 2016, 07:46:17 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Seeing his workout video is a good reminder of how valuabe this guy is to this team and how much I f'ing love him.  He's my favorite Celtics player.  If you haven't seen the video, here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MohjTgvUL98

In his own right, whether you like it or not, he has a KG-effect on this team.  Anyone remember when we got him?  This team was lifeless even with Brad and Avery at the helm, but this guy came in and changed all of that.  He's the one who made me believe tanking that year wasn't orchestrated because he came in and he wouldn't stay down and roll over.  He was the only player that gave it everything he got and wouldn't accept losing or tanking, and he's still doing it. If that is not an embodiment of a Celtic, I don't know what is.  We all saw how bad this team was last season with him off the court.  THERE ARE VERY FEW PLAYER I WOULD TRADE JAE CROWDER FOR.  VERY FEW.  You know you have IT when Phil Jackson regret trading for you.  I said it in a thread once and I'd say it again, I hope he retire a Celtic.  I respect the hell out of the guy.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:09:06 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Re: Celtics MVP, Jae Crowder. A Tribute...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 08:13:21 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
TP, good post.

Shortly after Crowder was traded to us, I took my kids to a game and Crowder was flying around the court, dreads flying, causing havoc AND scoring.

One of my kids called him "Predator" because of the dreads and his relentlessness. Lookout, KD!!! The Predator is coming to get you.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:53:00 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:13:12 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
2016-17      26      $6,286,408   
2017-18      27      $6,796,117   
2018-19      28      $7,305,825   
2019-20      29      $7,815,533   

This is the best part about Jae and why I love him.   He committed the prime of his career to us for less then 10% of the cap.  Then he goes out and battles to the point where fans actually compare him to KG... that's the ultimate praise.

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 09:20:54 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
When jae was acquired it was a part of what appeared to be a pretty blatant tanking move. We were 9-14 at the time and trading Rondo and Jeff Green logically would lead to a top 5 or 10 pick.

I remember after a big win against Charlotte when he called out Danny Ainge and said
"I'm sorry, I apologize to Danny right now if that's what they're trying to do. But I'm a winner. He brought me here. I like to win games. I'm a basketball player. I don't know how to just lay down and lose."

[dang], takes some balls to call out your own GM. Ive been a massive fan ever since
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.