Author Topic: ben bentils future?  (Read 1872 times)

ben bentils future?
« on: September 28, 2016, 02:49:13 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
during summer league he was as tight as a drum
 clearly off,missing the rim by 5 feet
 just pure backboard shots
-embarrassingly bad
these days i don't even check highlights, just draft express weaknesses
i take it his partial signing is if he clears waivers,then its up to red claws vs catching on in europe

Re: ben bentils future?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 06:07:22 AM »

Offline Miranda-Kerr

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
  • MEAN GREEN MONSTAR TEAM
His favorite player is KG, hence the number 50(combines his college number with KG's)   8)

What does that have to do with anything? nothing really but if he works hard maybe there's a spot in the future for him

At the very least I can't see him making a impact this year.  I suspect he will go down to Maine early on to work on his game, he's obviously behind amir, Al, Kelly, Jonas and even Zeller so until a trade is made I can't can't see him cracking the rotation.

Unlike Jaylen and Marcus he's not a top pick so he's gonna have to prove himself before even being considered

However i'll be watching with real interest. Here's hoping he can emulate the NBA champion part about Garnett's Boston career

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 06:45:16 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
He wasn't a standout shooter in college either.

And if the C's don't use a roster spot on him he'll now be free to go wherever.

Brown made a point of bragging yesterday about how much better he understood the playbook than the other rookies, so Bentil apparently didn't distinguish himself in a good way on that for day one at least.

It is hard to tell exactly what the deal is with him, but presumably his agent forced the C's hands in giving him the partial contract that will likely make the C's lose their rights to him when he doesn't make the roster cut in another few weeks.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 07:38:56 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
clover good post-i figure bentil a goner ,thats why the post-he may not get picked up, then its up to maine
-he doesn't have great lift and is a tweener with not a great feel for game
runs the floor and strong but needs d league,do you think anybody will pick him up
-was there a loyalty thing if the celts gave partial guarantee
who was his agent ,who does he represent beside bentil

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 12:31:51 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I'm still struggling to grok exactly what Danny's plan is for Jackson and Bentil.

But it will hopefully become clear soon enough.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 01:04:29 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
I'm still struggling to grok exactly what Danny's plan is for Jackson and Bentil.

But it will hopefully become clear soon enough.

ditto. I feel the odds favour a soon dropping shoe...

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 03:32:13 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
I don't think much about players like Bentil. Phil Pressey was fun, but we know how things usually turn out towards the end of a roster.

I'm glad Danny drafted Jackson. It seems like he finally figured out how to stop drafting shooting guards as point guards.

If Marcus Smart can play point guard, we are going to be so good.

Terry Rozier is interesting.

I am curious about Jordan Mickey. I think the longer it goes with such players, they end up like Bentil. The worst case scenario is someone like Colton Iverson. What a waste of time it was thinking about him. I think he got ripped off. I still think Darko could have worked out, but I am in the minority for some topics.

Yabusele looks ready to go and I hear great things about Zizac.

Something will eventually have to give.

I will be disappointed and surprised if James Young returns. He should be a cautionary tale for players joining the NBA at 19. Maybe he was 18 going on 19. James Young was as young as you can be entering the league. I know that.

I've never seen a Celtics roster so deep with so many more good players on the way next year.

They usually go ten deep at best and then the rest are scrubs. Danny is revolutionizing roster management.

Maybe Danny is a late bloomer at GM similar to Gerald Green and we are about to return to the mountain top.

We have a great team. Someone ranks us at #4.

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 06:53:48 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
cut