Author Topic: last year it was rj now its gerald green and nadier  (Read 4991 times)

Re: last year it was rj now its gerald green and nadier
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 06:28:22 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
last year i thought i saw something special in rj during summer league and early season-my underdog hi bbiq player that had to overcome his physical limitations
then it was nader with his 7-1 wingspan,who i'll follow like i did dwight powell up in maine
this season i have my sights on a reclamation project gerald green, will he be another ainge steal-isaiah liights up talking about his connection and greens ability to get buckets
if he has isaiah watching over him expect good things

Here ya go--time to get on the Young bandwagon:

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar/prac-092816-young-says-of-boosted-confidence-its-very-real?sf37271242=1

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 08:28:14 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
Better because the defense is better.  I hear pundits gushing over the season prospects for Indy, Charlotte, Milwaukee but none of them have a better defense than Boston.  This makes the Celtics "fly under the radar" which is fine by me.  65+ wins though is a stretch.
I agree with you when the season gets going, a lot of teams plugged as up-and-coming will have market corrections for the hype.

We won 48 games and added Horford. The more players play together, the more efficient team play becomes. I also think losing Turner and Sully will be addition by subtraction. We are going to run a lot of teams off of the court, break their will and have them develop team doubts.

I admit 65 wins is pushing the green goggles. It is a high risk, high reward prediction.

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 03:10:22 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
love to be proved wrong about james
he is now 230 lbs, that is impressive
can i be seduced by hype -heck ya-i'm a fan
i always have hope ,then there is another day
,another game or next year
then there is that mental picture of young unable to push the ball on break or so slow and predictable getting to basket with no right hand at summer league 2016
hey!he's only 19,hey! he is only 20,now he is 21 but he is confident now,he understands the sets now,he is hitting his shot now,he is aggressive and rebounding now
then there are those pictures of him in my head of playing defense at summer league  from the coach daniel video-he is beyond help,absolute  crap
what did you expect from a skinny 18/19/20 year old playing against beasts-hey, he's 230 now
maybe he can be deadly from 3
this is the fan in me talking to reality
-the fan in me believes the hype till he is traded or cut-

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 08:02:01 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 07:38:29 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Young came out too early, and his confidence has never recovered.   He looks unsure of himself out there.  We drafted him to shoot the ball and he does not always look for his shot.