Author Topic: last year it was rj now its gerald green and nadier  (Read 4986 times)

last year it was rj now its gerald green and nadier
« on: September 27, 2016, 03:00:50 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
last year i thought i saw something special in rj during summer league and early season-my underdog hi bbiq player that had to overcome his physical limitations
then it was nader with his 7-1 wingspan,who i'll follow like i did dwight powell up in maine
this season i have my sights on a reclamation project gerald green, will he be another ainge steal-isaiah liights up talking about his connection and greens ability to get buckets
if he has isaiah watching over him expect good things
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:55:09 AM by rollie mass »

Re: last year it was rj now its gerald green and nadier
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 07:06:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I like Naders chances. He has had the monkey on his back looking in scratching for every inch of his career.  Young and RJ .....spoiled maybe ?

I think Nader is a self starter .....may end up in China ....but he won't give up

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 08:55:53 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I like Naders chances. He has had the monkey on his back looking in scratching for every inch of his career.  Young and RJ .....spoiled maybe ?

I think Nader is a self starter .....may end up in China ....but he won't give up

I freaking love Nader, he's the one second rounder I'm praying that he sticks.

Tp's to everyone here for Loving Nader!

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 08:58:53 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
last year i thought i saw something special in rj during summer league and early season-my underdog hi bbiq player that had to overcome his physical limitations
then it was nadier with his 7-1 wingspan,who i'll follow like i did dwight powell up in maine
this season i have my sights on a reclamation project gerald green, will he be another ainge steal-isaiah liights up talking about his connection and greens ability to get buckets

Some people might think you have on Gerald Green goggles, but one never knows. Did Perk and Rondo become legends because of their play or more so because it's all about the timing and environment?

He needs to provide something no one else does or it's such a good thing, the more, the merrier.

He could fill the Eddie House role, fast offense.

The team is into chemistry to the point that they study and track it. I don't think it is a pseudo endeavor. I think Danny is trying to emulate the great teams of the 60's. All those big names playing as one.

Maybe talent is most important, but the Celtics' Mystique has to add a bit of an edge.

I like this idea of seeing something special in players.

I think Bradley has reached his ceiling in being special. He's at a top level. He beat the machine and now simply has to show up.

Horford and Amir are also done with training.

I truly hope Isaiah can knock it off with the silly superman effort turnovers and also shut some people up about his defense and that he's a liability.

I think one of those titles, yes, Havlicek stole the ball. I think Bill Russell choked right before that and was saved by his teammate. PJ Brown, Leon and Eddie were special and spilled blood for that title. Shaq, if he hadn't gotten career ending injuries, he would have led us to a title. Rondo to Shaq was very special. I don't care if he was 38 or how old. He still had it.

Add in that Brad Stevens is a Bill Belichick styled coach. The two guys are in a mutual admiration society. Again, maybe talent on paper is the overriding factor. Hello, LeBron. But I see the Celtics with a stacked roster along with a growing pile of proven players, tough competitive nice guys.

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 06:45:10 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
then it was nadier with his 7-1 wingspan,who i'll follow like i did dwight powell up in maine

Some people might think you have on Gerald Green goggles, but one never knows. Did Perk and Rondo become legends because of their play or more so because it's all about the timing and environment?

He needs to provide something no one else does or it's such a good thing, the more, the merrier.

He could fill the Eddie House role, fast offense.

The team is into chemistry to the point that they study and track it. I don't think it is a pseudo endeavor. I think Danny is trying to emulate the great teams of the 60's. All those big names playing as one.

Maybe talent is most important, but the Celtics' Mystique has to add a bit of an edge.

I like this idea of seeing something special in players.

I think Bradley has reached his ceiling in being special. He's at a top level. He beat the machine and now simply has to show up.

Horford and Amir are also done with training.

I truly hope Isaiah can knock it off with the silly superman effort turnovers and also shut some people up about his defense and that he's a liability.

I think one of those titles, yes, Havlicek stole the ball. I think Bill Russell choked right before that and was saved by his teammate. PJ Brown, Leon and Eddie were special and spilled blood for that title. Shaq, if he hadn't gotten career ending injuries, he would have led us to a title. Rondo to Shaq was very special. I don't care if he was 38 or how old. He still had it.

Add in that Brad Stevens is a Bill Belichick styled coach. The two guys are in a mutual admiration society. Again, maybe talent on paper is the overriding factor. Hello, LeBron. But I see the Celtics with a stacked roster along with a growing pile of proven players, tough competitive nice guys.
Agreed.  I am convinced the Jaylen Brown selection was driven by this intangible.  Celtics want good guys with good heads and work ethic.

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 10:08:18 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I like DA alot as our GM, but he is giving ANader the royal screw job!  Nader was clearly one of the two best players on our SL team, not to mention one of the better SL players, period.  Rather than being rewarded for that, he sees two other players with very mediocre SL's get guaranteed contracts, while not even getting a camp invite!
If Karma is a real thing, Nader ends up on the GSW, Spurs, or Cavs and haunts the C's for years, while in the process winning multiple championships on a team that appreciates his talents!
Danny, you're really messin' this one up!

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 11:21:50 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
anige did him a favor drafting him as a stash by going to red claws it shows that ainge values him but the team is loaded-ifnader plays well i assume when red claws season ends they can bring him up--if not a year getting used to celtics sets and shooting the three can only help-if he shoots 40% from three and has a good summer league -he is a lock-
also the focus was on stopping jaylen and yabusele-there were huge lanes to basket and nader came out of nowhere -
danny just held him to his word

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 12:08:37 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
anige did him a favor drafting him as a stash by going to red claws it shows that ainge values him but the team is loaded-ifnader plays well i assume when red claws season ends they can bring him up--if not a year getting used to celtics sets and shooting the three can only help-if he shoots 40% from three and has a good summer league -he is a lock-
also the focus was on stopping jaylen and yabusele-there were huge lanes to basket and nader came out of nowhere -

DA may have had "the" sleeper of the entire draft fall into his lap!  IMHO better than JYoung,BBentil,DJackson, probably RJHunter, JMickey, and all our other draft picks, you don't give him a contract, or even a legit chance to make the team in preseason because of what we believe was him agreeing to go to the Red Claws!?? SMH!!  If Danny thinks he's not that good, you bring him to camp and then release him.  If he is that good you sign him on the spot!  He'd be snapped up in a second by another team right now if released , and I doubt that would be argued. 
Guess I'm just bewildered how a team can spend so much time and money in searching for talent, and then when one falls in their lap, they treat it like it's nothing!

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 12:29:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

DA may have had "the" sleeper of the entire draft fall into his lap!  IMHO better than JYoung,BBentil,DJackson, probably RJHunter, JMickey, and all our other draft picks, you don't give him a contract, or even a legit chance to make the team in preseason because of what we believe was him agreeing to go to the Red Claws!?? SMH!!  If Danny thinks he's not that good, you bring him to camp and then release him.  If he is that good you sign him on the spot!  He'd be snapped up in a second by another team right now if released , and I doubt that would be argued. 
Guess I'm just bewildered how a team can spend so much time and money in searching for talent, and then when one falls in their lap, they treat it like it's nothing!
Plenty of summer league guys havent amounted to anything. Nader looked good, but I am happy that Ainge put more value on all the predraft scouting and these guys college careers than he did on like 8 SL games.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 12:46:31 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
ainge didn't lose this guy, the celts still hold his draft rights-i spotted nader in the weight room in waltham
the red claws will have mickey,jackson and bentil-yabuele is in china, zizic in europe-how did he get shafted-
-going to red claws is a luxury,45 minutes from  boston, everybody is in contact and watching-if danny had brought him to camp and as a rookie got exposed-then cut him he was gone, by not signing him shows he valued nader
-rozier experience was positive, as was mickey's , dwight powell and frazier-you actually think he would make the squad,learn defense ,offence and hit threes
i like his length and cool shooting threes and he hustles- but-that was summer league your judging him by

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 02:11:54 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
ainge didn't lose this guy, the celts still hold his draft rights-i spotted nader in the weight room in waltham
the red claws will have mickey,jackson and bentil-yabuele is in china, zizic in europe-how did he get shafted-
-going to red claws is a luxury,45 minutes from  boston, everybody is in contact and watching-if danny had brought him to camp and as a rookie got exposed-then cut him he was gone, by not signing him shows he valued nader
-rozier experience was positive, as was mickey's , dwight powell and frazier-you actually think he would make the squad,learn defense ,offence and hit threes
i like his length and cool shooting threes and he hustles- but-that was summer league your judging him by

So you go to a big job interview.  They tell you that your great.  You respond " So I got the job?", and they say, "well no, but we want you to just hang out and put your career on hold in case we need you!".  Then the company hires two other people who do the same job you do, with far less skill.  You'd be fine with that? 

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 03:06:48 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
thats silly nader couldn't come to training unless he stuck and that wasn't happening
 TOO REPEAT the two who were signed for training camp will either get picked up or sign in maine and no big deal-one of those guys avg over 10points a game in summer league but the celts deemed them expendable
TOO REPEAT  if he made the cut he was still headed to maine-jackson,nader,bentil and maybe mickey not bad teamates
TOO REPEAT-summer league where the focus of opposing teams was jaylen and yabusele left him wide open
the red claws are fine for learning celtics style ,jacking up threes and if he doesn't impress  you would have wanted to squander a roster space
ainge drafted him for a stash ,yabusele for a stash  and zizic-the guy will get court time just like rozier last year-nobody crossed this kid-there just isn't room--and how is his career on hold

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 03:52:35 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
The highest D-League earners, the A players, have a salary of $25,000. The B players earn $19,000 and the C players earn $13,000. To cover small daily expenses, such as food and drink, the players receive a small per diem which can be three times as much for regular NBA.

They better give Nader the 25 grand.

The Celtics are stacked.

Now that I looked a little bit into this, I think Danny should have just rolled the dice and signed him to an NBA contract. On the other hand, he was picked 58th. It's not like other teams were clamoring for him.

I can see both sides of the debate.

It looks like he will dominate the D-League, then sign an NBA contract next year. This is good for all the reasons mentioned by Rollie. Both sides have agreed to remain loyal for one year based on the original agreement. It is tough luck. Danny didn't know Nader would dominate the Summer League.

I'm still mad Sweetney didn't make the roster one year. That's why I try to not invest too much emotion into players on the roster bubble.

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 04:02:01 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
Agreed.  I am convinced the Jaylen Brown selection was driven by this intangible.  Celtics want good guys with good heads and work ethic.
It will be incredible if Jaylen Brown is the new Paul Pierce. I'm praying for Marcus Smart. He says he worked on his shooting.

They are offset by proven vets such as Bradley, Amir and Al and I include Crowder on the established list. Shaq called Pierce the truth. I think Crowder is also the truth.

These guys are going to have so much fun winning games, no one will be overthinking their roles or personal goals. I think I am the only one saying 65+ wins is more likely than 50-55 wins.

We are simply better than most teams we'll play. I reserve the right to fall back to 50-55 like the consensus if training camp and exhibition season don't go so great. That's what I am banking on that we will come out fast from the gate. Brad Stevens' teams always get better as the year proceeds.

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 05:28:59 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It will be incredible if Jaylen Brown is the new Paul Pierce. I'm praying for Marcus Smart. He says he worked on his shooting.

They are offset by proven vets such as Bradley, Amir and Al and I include Crowder on the established list. Shaq called Pierce the truth. I think Crowder is also the truth.

These guys are going to have so much fun winning games, no one will be overthinking their roles or personal goals. I think I am the only one saying 65+ wins is more likely than 50-55 wins.

We are simply better than most teams we'll play.
I reserve the right to fall back to 50-55 like the consensus if training camp and exhibition season don't go so great. That's what I am banking on that we will come out fast from the gate. Brad Stevens' teams always get better as the year proceeds.
Better because the defense is better.  I hear pundits gushing over the season prospects for Indy, Charlotte, Milwaukee but none of them have a better defense than Boston.  This makes the Celtics "fly under the radar" which is fine by me.  65+ wins though is a stretch.