Author Topic: Noel on Sixers having three centers: "It doesn't make any sense."  (Read 38433 times)

Re: Noel on Sixers having three centers: "It doesn't make any sense."
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2016, 04:28:10 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
The dude is frustrated because he's on a team that doesn't fit his skill-set at all, they have a glut of bigs and it's his contract year. His value fell playing with Okafor last season. Playing another season with Okafor, plus Embiid, Simmons as Saric is going to really hurt his value.

That team accentuates his weaknesses and ignores most of us strengths. That's why he's frustrated and that's why they need to move him now. He's just losin value by the minute in that place. So is Okafor.
This is very key point when looked at from Noels perspective. Being used improperly, having to give up big minutes for others, being on an all time bad team, they are all going to reduce the value of bis next contract. I know aomw will argue that calling to be traded could hurt Noels value on his next contract but if he gets hims3lf traded and plays for a good team that utilizes him properly and he shows his worth, he could get a bigger contract than if he says nothing and spends the year in Philly.

Both excellent points.

Technically worth it or not, Noel is set up for a major near-max or full-max deal next year. However, it's really hard to see someone giving that to him after another full year of being misused in Philly.

He needs to just come out and formally request a trade and where he'd like to go. More often than not, teams are ultimately forced to trade a guy after a formal request like that.

God knows that people will understand him wanting to get out of that hellhole.

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2016, 04:33:47 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Hmmmmmm Let's finally get Noel to Boston!

Rozier + Pick for Noel

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2016, 05:36:14 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/09/nerlens-noel-sixers-center-logjam-is-silly.html

Noel was quoted as saying he doesn't see "any way of it working" with regard to the 3-center logjam that Philly has.

EDIT: Also, combine that with this quote from earlier - "I think it definitely needs to be figured out. I think at the end of the day, again, you have three starting-caliber centers. And it's just not going to work to anybody's advantage having that on the same team. That's how I'm looking at it. I'm not opposed to anything, but things need to be situated."

That's about as clear of a trade request (either of him or one of the others) as you can find outside of an explicit, formal trade request. Colangelo might be waiting to see about Embiid's health, but they're still going to have to trade two of them if he works out. Unless he comes out and only looks to be a back-up player at best, they're simply not going to be able to keep and afford two of those centers. So trading Noel now before his value gets even lower definitely makes the most sense, especially since you'll still have Okafor as a fall-back option if Embiid gets hurt.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 05:48:03 PM by jpotter33 »

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2016, 05:38:39 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Really?!?!?!?!

You just had to make another Philadelphia thread?!?!?!?!

You know once LrdBrd sees this he will play Sixer contrarian, the thread will devolve, multiple insults and bragadocious claims will occur and we here at Celticsblog will once again be treated to another replica of the 187635748930983646 other threads that we have seen regarding the Sixers over the last two years.

Maybe we should change the name of the Blog to Celtics, 76ers, Nets Blogs.

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2016, 05:40:25 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
After i heard his interview...

Rozier and the 2019 Clippers Pick RJ Hunter
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2016, 05:51:26 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
It's too bad that Noel doesn't understand the situation as well as a certain poster around here.  Then he'd know there was no problem at all.

Mike
He doesn't understand the situation at all obviously.  Otherwise he wouldn't have opened his mouth further diminishing his own trade value and making it more likely he gets stuck there. 

I'm beginning to think that Noel is just really dumb.  Like all time level dumb.

Or, he could be telling Philly to trade him NOW, no matter the return, or he'll Greg Monroe them next year.

Mike
And then Philly gets two more years of him, which doesn't seem like a bad deal for Philly.  If Noel really wanted out, he wouldn't crush his own value, because it makes it far less likely he is the guy that gets moved.

Classic Hinkie-think.  Yeah, keeping an unhappy lottery pick on the roster for two years when he's surrounded by other very young players couldn't possibly go wrong.

And try and understand this logic.  If Noel gets traded NOW, he gets an entire season with a new team to up the value of his next contract.  If he stays in Philly for this season, even if he gets traded at the deadline, his value will continue to decline.  Or the alternative, he wants one of the other bigs traded NOW.  Not at the trade deadline.  Not next offseason.  NOW.

It is in Noel's best interest to get something done as quickly as possible, so it makes perfect sense to try and up the pressure on Philly to do something as quickly as possible.  It's not like anyone has given him any reason to trust that his current management knows what the heck they are doing.

Mike

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2016, 05:55:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Yes

But not for Smart.

I can't afford new Jerseys

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2016, 05:58:32 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/sports/sixers/sixers-noel-somebody-needs-to-be-moved/article_24fbecb8-21c2-5b6b-86eb-c675cb4f0f91.html

And another bombshell quote - "You think things would've played out a little better over the summer. You want to be able to show what you can do. Someone needs to be moved around. It's just a tough situation. I have no say, no power."

Add that to Colangelo denying everything and basically saying it will have no effect on anything, and there's a CLEAR disconnect between the two. A divorce is virtually inevitable at this point. Go get him, Danny!

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2016, 06:02:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Rozier. , Mickey or Zeller and First rounder

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2016, 06:06:45 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j5fekjf

Rozier, Young, Hunter, and the Memphis pick for Noel and Covington

OR

Rozier, Young, and the Memphis pick for Noel

Do it, Danny!

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2016, 06:15:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I guess Ainge thinks something better than Noel or Oakfor might present itself or maybe he is eying a college stud .

I think if the Celtics can have a super season ,  other FA bigs .....might decide to jump ship.......I'm sure he is waiting for the perfect storm .

Won't be too soon to dump Young for me .  Low low .....LOW ..IQ 

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2016, 06:26:49 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Tell Hinkie he stinkie.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:32:28 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2016, 06:30:15 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If Rozier can show he has made good strides I think I'm ready to trade Smart for Noel. In the future I just don't see Smart beating our IT or AB for minutes making him a role player. While Noel would start for us anchoring our defense for years. In a way Noel is a bigger Smart but centers can get away with being weak offensively and guards really can't IMO.

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2016, 06:32:36 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Actually I want noel though, but not for  Marcus

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2016, 06:41:17 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
noel is really killing that team right now with these comments. what a disaster.