Author Topic: Noel on Sixers having three centers: "It doesn't make any sense."  (Read 38614 times)

Noel on Sixers having three centers: "It doesn't make any sense."
« on: September 26, 2016, 10:51:13 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
"I think it's just silly . . . this situation that we are in now with three starting centers," Noel said on the eve of the Sixers' media day. "With the departure of [former general manager and president] Sam Hinkie, I would have figured that management would be able to get something done this summer."

"I think something needs to happen," Noel said.

The Sixers declined to comment on the matter.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20160926_Nerlens_Noel__Sixers_situation__doesn_t_make_any_sense_.html

Re: Noel on Sixers having three centers: "It doesn't make any sense."
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 10:58:45 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Keep talking Nerlens. Every time you open your mouth your price goes down.  :)
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 11:38:47 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
It's too bad that Noel doesn't understand the situation as well as a certain poster around here.  Then he'd know there was no problem at all.

Mike

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 12:24:25 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I like how he says three starting centers. Like, no you're not all starting and maybe a couple of you shouldn't be anyway.

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 12:28:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Yeah, but there won't be any problem fitting those guys in or locker room issues.  ::)

I don't blame him. It's a contract year, and that's been a toxic environment for the last three years.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him traded for cheap somewhere before the season starts.

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 12:40:43 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
It's too bad that Noel doesn't understand the situation as well as a certain poster around here.  Then he'd know there was no problem at all.

Hah. Nice slight.

I like how he says three starting centers. Like, no you're not all starting and maybe a couple of you shouldn't be anyway.

Completely agree. I'm not sure each of them have done enough to be considered starters on most teams in the league. In truth, 1 of the 3 has yet to prove he can walk at a brisk pace without fracturing his spine and/or feet.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 01:10:05 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Wonder how all the centers on the Kings feel.

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 01:13:00 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Mike
He doesn't understand the situation at all obviously.  Otherwise he wouldn't have opened his mouth further diminishing his own trade value and making it more likely he gets stuck there. 

I'm beginning to think that Noel is just really dumb.  Like all time level dumb.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 01:17:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
"I think it's just silly . . . this situation that we are in now with three starting centers," Noel said on the eve of the Sixers' media day. "With the departure of [former general manager and president] Sam Hinkie, I would have figured that management would be able to get something done this summer."

"I think something needs to happen," Noel said.

The Sixers declined to comment on the matter.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20160926_Nerlens_Noel__Sixers_situation__doesn_t_make_any_sense_.html

It is really hard to imagine Noel being on the 76ers very long. You can't call your team's roster make up "silly" and make a vague threat and expect to stick around. This is essentially a polite trade request, but he also has to realize this hurts his value and the 76ers to say.

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 01:21:51 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
This is also a weird part of the article:

Noel's name came up in trade talks with the Boston Celtics, Phoenix Suns, Atlanta Hawks, and Houston Rockets, according to sources. Another source said the Sixers were also in discussions with the Toronto Raptors and San Antonio Spurs.

Colangelo later denied that the team has been shopping the big men. He said that teams reached out to the Sixers about them.

"I know I was shopped," Noel said.

However, a source said that the Sixers turned down several offers for Noel."

The way that is written it could be interpreted he is calling Colangelo dishonest....yikes

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 01:22:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Really?!?!?!?!

You just had to make another Philadelphia thread?!?!?!?!

You know once LrdBrd sees this he will play Sixer contrarian, the thread will devolve, multiple insults and bragadocious claims will occur and we here at Celticsblog will once again be treated to another replica of the 187635748930983646 other threads that we have seen regarding the Sixers over the last two years.

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 01:26:17 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Trade Rozier and one of the nets picks for Noel.  Is that too much?  Not next years.  Wait and see how the nets do?  We have time?

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 01:26:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He sounds annoyed.  He clearly wants out.  Tough situation for him... He's one of the best defensive prospects in the league.  He has the potential to anchor a team's defense.  And yet he's stuck in a situation where he might be the third string center on a team that should still be in the lotto next season.  You can't blame him for being salty.  Especially if it cuts into his minutes and impacts his free agency options next summer.   He wants minutes so he can get paid.

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 01:29:20 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Trade Rozier and one of the nets picks for Noel.  Is that too much?  Not next years.  Wait and see how the nets do?  We have time?

im not trading any nets pick for noel.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 01:30:33 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Not worth a Nets pick with all of this controversy surrounding Philly and him being in the last year of his contract.