Author Topic: Celtics Basketball is Back! It's Media Day!  (Read 7160 times)

Re: Celtics Basketball is Back! It's Media Day!
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2016, 11:42:12 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
this is big for Terry. When your boss sits by you and says "you are playing with swagger"..

Danny said all kinds of great things about Terry. That they knew he could play from training camp last year. That he's better than a 4th guard, that he could play a major role right now on any team in the league. That what's so great about him is that he's a two-way player--although he's not as good as AI on O yet and not as good as AB on D yet.

He said it was just hard, with the logjam at guard last year, and that it is hard for a rookie to play well with such inconsistent minutes. (Just look at the jump in stats and role that Danny himself made from his 1st to 2nd year in the league...) And the main difference in his game this summer was that he just had the chance to play freely.

anyone else think Danny likes Terry a considerable amount more than he likes Marcus? or is it just me?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2016, 11:42:54 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
wow Shaq thanks for the huge list!! TP to you!!

i had class exactly when media day started. i came back once class was over to see i had over 500 new tweets just about media day, so theres definitely quite a lot of stuff i probably missed. this is great, thanks!

you're welcome.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2016, 03:24:25 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
this is big for Terry. When your boss sits by you and says "you are playing with swagger"..

Danny said all kinds of great things about Terry. That they knew he could play from training camp last year. That he's better than a 4th guard, that he could play a major role right now on any team in the league. That what's so great about him is that he's a two-way player--although he's not as good as AI on O yet and not as good as AB on D yet.

He said it was just hard, with the logjam at guard last year, and that it is hard for a rookie to play well with such inconsistent minutes. (Just look at the jump in stats and role that Danny himself made from his 1st to 2nd year in the league...) And the main difference in his game this summer was that he just had the chance to play freely.

anyone else think Danny likes Terry a considerable amount more than he likes Marcus? or is it just me?

I don't see it as a personal thing as much as who Danny thinks is going to be the more valuable player.

But I will admit having had the thought that if Brad had recognized the potential in TRoz as much as he seems to have fallen for Marcus, TRoz would have got more minutes last year. So yes, I've wondered whether Brad likes Marcus relatively the more, despite TRoz likely developing into the more valuable player.

So it is possible that Danny has felt the need to take up TRoz's cause a bit. And I do think it much more likely that Danny trades Smart than TRoz.

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2016, 03:25:46 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

I don't see it as a personal thing as much as who Danny thinks is going to be the more valuable player.

But I will admit having had the thought that if Brad had recognized the potential in TRoz as much as he seems to have fallen for Marcus, TRoz would have got more minutes last year. So yes, I've wondered whether Brad likes Marcus relatively the more, despite TRoz likely developing into the more valuable player.

So it is possible that Danny has felt the need to take up TRoz's cause a bit. Kinda like how one parent might become the more the advocate for a child if he/she thinks the other parent undervalues him/her. And I do think it much more likely that Danny trades Smart than TRoz.

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2016, 05:59:57 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Smart is a far bigger investment than Rozier.  Smart came into the league with massive expectations.  Nothing was really expected of Rozier.  Gotta give smart ever opportunity to succeed.  You can't whiff it on top 6 picks.  Smart needs to show improvement.

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2016, 08:00:24 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Wow hold on JYoung says he's around 230-235 at 6'6" meanwhile Jae Crowder is listed at 235 lbs 6'6"... Either someone is lying or James Young and Jae Crowder are the same size

No way is young is close to crowders weight, but young looks much bigger though.

i agree but i also think jae has lost some weight, probably because he was healthy enough to train this time.

Or maybe from the stress of the whole "side piece" ordeal.