Author Topic: yabusele in first game  (Read 10220 times)

Re: yabusele in first game
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2016, 01:02:02 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Wasting a year there. Awful league.

I've said this in other threads, but it really sucks that a player has to choose between earning acceptable money in a third rate league, versus barely getting paid in the d-league. This is especially true for a Euro player for whom the d-league doesn't even offer the "comforts of home" advantage.

Unless Wyc and the ownership group are confident about the plan for growing the d-league (including salaries), I'd love to see them invest in a club in one of the better Euro leagues, where they'd have developmental control over the C's draft and stashes, and still be able to pay decent salaries...

i really like this idea. basically our own stash club, with coaches who teach Brad's way. that way any stashed guys can learn the system, and the coaching staff can give an in depth report to Danny and Brad and the guys.

is that legal, though? like in terms of nba rules and all, owning an overseas team in addition to owning an nba team, and sending all the talent to that overseas team?

I feel like this would violate the CBA somehow. The other owners would throw a hissy fit, as Wyc would effectively be paying our guys without it having any impact on the Boston Celtics salary cap.

yeah, that would probably get other owners mad. as someone else said, the spurs seems to be doing it with a tony parker owned club, if i understood it correctly? still though, the money has to come from someone from the spurs, right? tony cant be paying them all?? lol
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2016, 01:45:55 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477

I've said this in other threads, but it really sucks that a player has to choose between earning acceptable money in a third rate league, versus barely getting paid in the d-league. This is especially true for a Euro player for whom the d-league doesn't even offer the "comforts of home" advantage.

Unless Wyc and the ownership group are confident about the plan for growing the d-league (including salaries), I'd love to see them invest in a club in one of the better Euro leagues, where they'd have developmental control over the C's draft and stashes, and still be able to pay decent salaries...

i really like this idea. basically our own stash club, with coaches who teach Brad's way. that way any stashed guys can learn the system, and the coaching staff can give an in depth report to Danny and Brad and the guys.

is that legal, though? like in terms of nba rules and all, owning an overseas team in addition to owning an nba team, and sending all the talent to that overseas team?

I feel like this would violate the CBA somehow. The other owners would throw a hissy fit, as Wyc would effectively be paying our guys without it having any impact on the Boston Celtics salary cap.

yeah, that would probably get other owners mad. as someone else said, the spurs seems to be doing it with a tony parker owned club, if i understood it correctly? still though, the money has to come from someone from the spurs, right? tony cant be paying them all?? lol
Did some reading.

Parker's French team is called AVSEL. He started with a 20% stake, but in 2011 he became the majority owner.

The club had the second highest salary in the French Serie A league for the 2014-2015 season at 2.5 million euros, which is about $2.8M, though the euro has gone down a bit since then.

Despite his club being 2nd in his league in salary, Parker's not exactly breaking the bank paying his players. But it is still far higher than the D-league, which pays $20-26K per player + room and board, and that is up from previous years (and apparently the D-league might be tripling its salary in the near future, which is good).

You have to wonder if the league has any reservations about Parker paying Spurs players, especially if those salaries are 10x the amount of d-league salaries.

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2016, 03:32:53 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Greg Oden's corpse looked good in that league.  Agree with others who say this is a wasted year for him. 

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2016, 11:30:24 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Greg Oden's corpse looked good in that league.  Agree with others who say this is a wasted year for him.
Yes and no. Playing now is better than Sitting. I am excited for him and us.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2016, 12:16:02 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 290
Who knows, we may see Yabusele in the nba later this season.

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2016, 01:27:49 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Did some reading.

Parker's French team is called AVSEL. He started with a 20% stake, but in 2011 he became the majority owner.

The club had the second highest salary in the French Serie A league for the 2014-2015 season at 2.5 million euros, which is about $2.8M, though the euro has gone down a bit since then.

Despite his club being 2nd in his league in salary, Parker's not exactly breaking the bank paying his players. But it is still far higher than the D-league, which pays $20-26K per player + room and board, and that is up from previous years (and apparently the D-league might be tripling its salary in the near future, which is good).

You have to wonder if the league has any reservations about Parker paying Spurs players, especially if those salaries are 10x the amount of d-league salaries.

TP for the research.

so it doesnt seem like its that much money after all. but i think its fair to say that euroleague competition is far better than d league competition. if there was any way possible without violating any rules, i think it would be smart for Wyc and the crew to look into this stuff. maybe we make one of our former players an ambassador overseas or something.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2016, 02:33:13 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
looks like he can shoot the three ball,what was advantage to sending him to chinese league,why not spain or the red claws,
was the money that good or the season ends towards our playoffs
he is getting up and down court well but talent level is so low but what a waste of a year
danny  you have some explaining to do-
what coaching do they have
do they have a strength coach,shooting coach,big man coach,a fitness coach or is it just acupuncture and courtesans and five star chinese takeaway
You don't "send him" to a league. He signs where he signs. He should go where the compensation is.

If you want to develop him, sign him. Then you control him. If you want to stash him, you can't complain about the contract he signs elsewhere.