Author Topic: yabusele in first game  (Read 10221 times)

Re: yabusele in first game
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2016, 08:27:28 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Why the hell is he in such a garbage league?

Bc only way he can play 1 year with no strings attached

Celts want him to practice his game. Work on a few things. Get in better conditioning. But without taking up a roster spot

I highly doubt he couldn`t find a decent French team to sign for one year

He apparently could get up to $1.5 million for this season, so I think that's your answer right there.  There's no way a French team would pay him that much on a one year contract (and almost as much he would get in the NBA)

Source: http://hardwoodhoudini.com/2016/07/21/guerschon-yabusele-agrees-to-play-in-china/
I'm bitter.

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 09:02:02 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
The benefit of playing in China is that their season finishes early for him to earn some money and rejoin Celtics in Boston afterwards.

This kid has the potential to be a better version of Draymond Green... note I said "potential" and don't forget Green was a second round pick.

The impressive aspect of Yab is he screams versatility, quick feet, solid jumper... defensive IQ needs some work but our team has that in bunches. I can actually see him guarding Cs, PFs and certain SFs... I'd put him to body up a SF-bullies like Lebron and Gay. If we sign or draft or groom a legitimate rim-protector and RJ / Young becomes a decent spot-up shooter... this team will be a beast without making any additional moves!!!

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2016, 09:30:24 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
The Chinese league is just plain horrible :-X

At least I'm glad that he is posting huge numbers, because I would be worried if he couldn't manage to do that in the Chinese league.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2016, 09:32:45 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Celts want him to practice his game. Work on a few things. Get in better conditioning. But without taking up a roster spot

He apparently could get up to $1.5 million for this season, so I think that's your answer right there.  There's no way a French team would pay him that much on a one year contract (and almost as much he would get in the NBA)

Source: http://hardwoodhoudini.com/2016/07/21/guerschon-yabusele-agrees-to-play-in-china/

I agree there is no way he gets such a contract in Europe. So if he went there for the money then it makes sense (although i don`t agree with this logic)

But i commented on the argument

He could find plenty of teams in better leagues to play for one year with no strings attached. But not for 1.5m$ per year. 

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2016, 09:34:03 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The Chinese league is just plain horrible :-X

At least I'm glad that he is posting huge numbers, because I would be worried if he couldn't manage to do that in the Chinese league.

Yea I don't know anything about the Chinese league so it's hard to get excited about it. I guess it's better to dominate than to suck no matter where you are haha.

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2016, 10:59:01 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
a previous poster said with the end of season early ,he could join the celts
-as long as he has good coaches defense -strength, fitness,shooting and a big man coach--
-this time has to be productive with nba effort and discipline-
this level competition is perfect for experimenting but not a time to pick up bad habits

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2016, 11:11:21 AM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
Wasting a year there. Awful league.

I've said this in other threads, but it really sucks that a player has to choose between earning acceptable money in a third rate league, versus barely getting paid in the d-league. This is especially true for a Euro player for whom the d-league doesn't even offer the "comforts of home" advantage.

Unless Wyc and the ownership group are confident about the plan for growing the d-league (including salaries), I'd love to see them invest in a club in one of the better Euro leagues, where they'd have developmental control over the C's draft and stashes, and still be able to pay decent salaries... 

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 11:25:49 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
-as long as he has good coaches defense -strength, fitness,shooting and a big man coach--
this level competition is perfect for experimenting but not a time to pick up bad habits

I am not sure that the 'join the celts' later this year option is still possible.  In order to clear the cap holds for Zizic and Yabusele from this year's cap number, the Celtics would have sent letters to the league indicating there was no chance they would be signed before the next draft.

That would basically mean no-chance we see them in Green until next Summer's SL.

Folks just need to be patient.

As to GY's choice to go to the CBA, this is clearly a money decision and I don't have a problem with it.   At this stage of his development he needs minutes and coaching, and he'll get those there.  The level of competition doesn't really matter all that much.  It's not like if he was spending a sophomore year beating up schoolboys in the NCAA that it would be all that different.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 01:09:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

We dont know if it was up to him or celts or a joint decision

Why would yabu want to go to China instead? 

European teams will wait but cant wait forever for a guy like yabu to join them.   The chinese teams will probably cut a player on the spot if even a semi decent NA wants to play for them

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 01:32:30 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

I've said this in other threads, but it really sucks that a player has to choose between earning acceptable money in a third rate league, versus barely getting paid in the d-league. This is especially true for a Euro player for whom the d-league doesn't even offer the "comforts of home" advantage.

Unless Wyc and the ownership group are confident about the plan for growing the d-league (including salaries), I'd love to see them invest in a club in one of the better Euro leagues, where they'd have developmental control over the C's draft and stashes, and still be able to pay decent salaries...

i really like this idea. basically our own stash club, with coaches who teach Brad's way. that way any stashed guys can learn the system, and the coaching staff can give an in depth report to Danny and Brad and the guys.

is that legal, though? like in terms of nba rules and all, owning an overseas team in addition to owning an nba team, and sending all the talent to that overseas team?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 01:37:16 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
We dont know if it was up to him or celts or a joint decision

European teams will wait but cant wait forever for a guy like yabu to join them.   The chinese teams will probably cut a player on the spot if even a semi decent NA wants to play for them

IMHO is`s what BitterJim said.... a very very very good contract
There is no way Ainge thinks that a player can develop better in Chinese league than in an good European league

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2016, 05:31:48 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ

i really like this idea. basically our own stash club, with coaches who teach Brad's way. that way any stashed guys can learn the system, and the coaching staff can give an in depth report to Danny and Brad and the guys.

is that legal, though? like in terms of nba rules and all, owning an overseas team in addition to owning an nba team, and sending all the talent to that overseas team?

Ive never been able to get a good answer to that question...But apparently the Spurs have toyed with this, where Tony Parker has an ownership interest in a french side frequented by Spurs draft and stashers...

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2016, 06:07:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

My guess would be money!

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2016, 12:18:22 AM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
He looks really good and ready, but on another thread it looked like he needs to sculpt his body like Perkins or Olynyk had to.

Does it matter that he is performing well in a bad league? Will he pick up bad habits? If that mattered, then what's the point of the D League? This guy looks like an NBA player, but like others say, he is still a bit raw. He is a kid. One year in an exotic country might do him good.

Danny keeps upgrading the skilled bulk position. Bass was an upgrade on Big Baby. Sully was one for Bass.

This guy looks like a steal.

Danny seems to be lining us up for a ten year run of championship after championship. We will have 27 title banners. Danny is competing with Red Auerbach while we debate over James Young.

But it's all good.

Danny won NBA Megabucks and is sitting back rubbing his hands and making evil laughs. And we love it.

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2016, 12:53:59 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477

I feel like this would violate the CBA somehow. The other owners would throw a hissy fit, as Wyc would effectively be paying our guys without it having any impact on the Boston Celtics salary cap.