Author Topic: RJ and Young for McLemore  (Read 3738 times)

RJ and Young for McLemore
« on: September 25, 2016, 12:00:15 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
This works and I think that Sacramento might bite IF they truly don't have any long-term plans with Ben.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6719986

It is also a 2 for 1 that helps us consolidate our roster.

The Kings have 4 SG's on their roster NOT counting Ben.  They spent quite a chunk signing Afflalo as well!!

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Re: RJ and Young for McLemore
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 01:10:09 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
why? You wonna pay mclemore? With smart thomas rozier and bradley there is no need for him

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 01:24:11 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
McLemore is the best player of the 3.  Plus, why would they want 2 SG's back for 1 if they have a glut?

Kings should hang up.

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 01:31:25 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Don't think I'd do it, pretty high on Gerald Green's fit with this team which would lock up Macklemore's spot for the next few years,

IMO the Pelicans should be all over this. Make them throw in one of their centers and second Tyreke back home to Sacramento.

Edit: this works pretty nicely in the trade machine.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hg26tar
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 07:45:28 PM by Smartacus »

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 02:37:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
It's a lateral move at best. Rather just trade Hunter or Young away for a pair of future seconds.

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 12:00:16 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
This is NOT a lateral move as Ben is a LEGIT defender and was 14th in defensive RPM in 2014-2015.

Hunter or Young will NEVER be LEGIT defenders.  Also, Ben shot 36.2% from three this year and 35.8% last year.

I could have SWORN that we needed three point shooters that could also fit our defensive scheme!!!!????????

I would throw in the Clipper's first rounder as well if needed. 

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 12:35:14 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
This is NOT a lateral move as Ben is a LEGIT defender and was 14th in defensive RPM in 2014-2015.

Hunter or Young will NEVER be LEGIT defenders.  Also, Ben shot 36.2% from three this year and 35.8% last year.

I could have SWORN that we needed three point shooters that could also fit our defensive scheme!!!!????????

I would throw in the Clipper's first rounder as well if needed. 

Smitty77
Big over pay. Guy got plenty of playing time and hasn't broken through. His overall fg% isn't good. He also doesn't get to the line much. With all the attention the other players on that team do get he should be hitting 3s at a good clip. Sure I agree he is a better defender than Young and Hunter but the team has defenders. I'd pass.

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 01:06:03 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I like rj's potential over mclemore's.  RJ is a smart  player and I don't see a lot of upside in Mclemore. Maybe RJ doesn't pan out, but I'd rather wait and see.  Mclemore doesn't even crack our rotation.  Young is a non-factor.  Ironically, Mclemore's defensive rpm was worse than RJ last year, not that I put any stock in that. 

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 02:53:29 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
i still like mclemore

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 05:37:47 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
i still like mclemore
Same, I thought his benching last year was a bit harsh. Wouldn't call him a legit defender like stated above just yet, but still I think he could thrive in Stevens system (ie jacking up 3's  ;D)

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 09:13:36 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
i still like mclemore
that goes without saying.  he's a bust on another team that you've raved about over the years. 

I'd pass on him.  he hasn't accomplished anything despite plenty of playing time and the opportunity to play with decent players like Cousins, Gay and Rondo.   not saying I expect great things from Young or Hunter but they're paid less and one of them will be gone after camp anyway.  I seriously doubt Mclemore is still in the league after his rookie deal is up (unless he's riding someone's bench as a 15th player).  his one accomplishment is outplaying Nick Stauskas to keep from being traded to Philly --> not exactly the stuff of legend

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 09:31:57 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't understand the obsession with King's players on this board.  ::)

The King's have sucked for years. If Cousins, McLemore and Gay are so great why does the team suck? I'll grant you Cousins actually has talent, unfortunately for him his 5 year old mentality is killing him. The other 2 are basically useless.

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 04:51:13 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I would make the deal, McLemore is an upgrade over both. However he still wouldn't crack the rotation and he a RFA this summer isn't he? I doubt we eat into cap space giving him a QO.

McLemore needs a new situation, he's not a bad player but the Kings have grossly misused him

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 04:54:28 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
i still like mclemore
that goes without saying.  he's a bust on another team that you've raved about over the years. 

I just realized your nickname is a reference to me.  Cute.

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 08:12:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
i still like mclemore

I just realized your nickname is a reference to me.  Cute.
only you would take something totally unrelated to you and make it about you.  you're nothing if not consistent in your self-love and admiration LB