Author Topic: Is Tom Brady a system QB  (Read 12410 times)

Re: Is Tom Brady a system QB
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2018, 07:44:03 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I think I would have had a greater respect for Brady if the Pats had traded him instead of Garoppolo. For me, the only reason that seems to make sense is if the Pats were trying to protect his legacy at the supposed GOAT. Which means the Pats claim to having the best player of all time in the NFL. What would have happened to the GOAT status, if he is traded to another team and goes 9-7 or 10-6 and is one and done in the playoffs or misses them completely for the next 4 years or so? During that same time, what if Garoppolo was winning a Super Bowl or two with the same team that Brady once had? Wouldn't that seem to indicate that Bellichik could have won with anybody and didn't need Brady?

I'm just happy that Danny Ainge is in charge of making those decisions for my favorite team. I loved Pierce and Garnett, but Danny made the right call in trading them.

BTW, am I the only person that thought of Pierce's post game press conference (after the Game 6 vs Pacers in 2005) where he wore the gauze/ace bandage, after seeing Brady wear those red gloves during his Friday press conference before the Jaguars game?
You are reaching like crazy.

This is why its tough to talk to Pats haters. They just contort things until they have a narrative they feel happy with.

Why doesnt it make sense that maybe Brady is actually so good that Belichick thought it was the best decision to move on from Jimmy G because as good as Jimmy G is, he's not worth moving on from Brady because what Brady offers you at the QB position is so superlative.

That being said, I would probably be a hater too if I wasn't a Pats fan. Watching them run train on the rest of the league for the last 18 years must be infuriating for 95% of America.

Go Pats!

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2018, 07:54:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think I would have had a greater respect for Brady if the Pats had traded him instead of Garoppolo. For me, the only reason that seems to make sense is if the Pats were trying to protect his legacy at the supposed GOAT. Which means the Pats claim to having the best player of all time in the NFL. What would have happened to the GOAT status, if he is traded to another team and goes 9-7 or 10-6 and is one and done in the playoffs or misses them completely for the next 4 years or so? During that same time, what if Garoppolo was winning a Super Bowl or two with the same team that Brady once had? Wouldn't that seem to indicate that Bellichik could have won with anybody and didn't need Brady?

I'm just happy that Danny Ainge is in charge of making those decisions for my favorite team. I loved Pierce and Garnett, but Danny made the right call in trading them.

BTW, am I the only person that thought of Pierce's post game press conference (after the Game 6 vs Pacers in 2005) where he wore the gauze/ace bandage, after seeing Brady wear those red gloves during his Friday press conference before the Jaguars game?

This is why its tough to talk to Pats haters. They just contort things until they have a narrative they feel happy with.

Why doesnt it make sense that maybe Brady is actually so good that Belichick thought it was the best decision to move on from Jimmy G because as good as Jimmy G is, he's not worth moving on from Brady because what Brady offers you at the QB position is so superlative.

That being said, I would probably be a hater too if I wasn't a Pats fan. Watching them run train on the rest of the league for the last 18 years must be infuriating for 95% of America.

Go Pats!
Definitely....if some random team like...idk...the Carolina Panthers were to go on a 20 year run of dominance I'd definitely hate them.  Some teams are easier for me to hate than others.

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2018, 10:11:33 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Go Pats!
Definitely....if some random team like...idk...the Carolina Panthers were to go on a 20 year run of dominance I'd definitely hate them.  Some teams are easier for me to hate than others.

The Pats also have a couple of other things that make people mad/jealous:

1) Gronk- who doesn't want a monster tight end with a great name and an even better attitude. The guy likes to score TDs, spike footballs, and bang hot chicks.

2) Brady- the perfect male. If I grew up in NY, I would want to punch him right in his square jaw.

3) Belichick- what a smug Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again.. Guy has never given a good interview. He never seems happy. He's the opposite of Rex Ryan- he doesn't care about the viewer at home whatsoever.

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2018, 10:42:53 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Where did I say that I hated the Patriots? I'm a 43 year old Pats fan, who used to go to Sullivan Stadium on a yearly basis to see games. Not for nothing, but from the comments I see they make it seem like they're coming from Brady fans, and not necessarily Pats fans. You know, Pink hats.

I honestly believe the Pats could have continued this run with Garoppolo, as long as Bill Belichick was the head coach. To me, Bill is the key to this whole thing. I'm sorry, but Brady not falling off a cliff performance wise for the remainder of the rest of his 2-3 year career seems riskier than Garoppolo not being able to enjoy continued team success for the next 8-10 years. Keeping Brady just seems too short sighted, especially when they had an heir apparent, which is so hard to come by.

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2018, 11:25:37 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

No, because Belichick had a Pro Bowl QB named Drew Bledsoe and wasn't doing anything with him.
He also had a Pro Bowl QB when he was coach of the Browns and wasn't able to do anything there either.
Brady made Belichick not the other way around. Notice what happens to most coaches when they leave New England. They should be able to take Bill's system with them and make respectable teams. Doesn't happen.
Whereas I  guarantee Brady on another team with another competent coach....boom.
Trade him straight up to the Texans. Let McDaniels take him with him. See what happens.

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2018, 11:41:02 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

No, because Belichick had a Pro Bowl QB named Drew Bledsoe and wasn't doing anything with him.
He also had a Pro Bowl QB when he was coach of the Browns and wasn't able to do anything there either.
Brady made Belichick not the other way around. Notice what happens to most coaches when they leave New England. They should be able to take Bill's system with them and make respectable teams. Doesn't happen.
Whereas I  guarantee Brady on another team with another competent coach....boom.
Trade him straight up to the Texans. Let McDaniels take him with him. See what happens.

I really would have liked to see one or the other leave, just to prove it one way or the other. Unfortunately that is unlikely to happen before Brady retires, so we'll really never know.

Personally, I think Brady has been very fortunate. His career looked like it was on the downswing, but then he was gifted Gronk. Somehow Belichick always finds a way to make chicken salad out of chicken sh...

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2018, 11:48:25 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I really would have liked to see one or the other leave, just to prove it one way or the other. Unfortunately that is unlikely to happen before Brady retires, so we'll really never know.

Personally, I think Brady has been very fortunate. His career looked like it was on the downswing, but then he was gifted Gronk. Somehow Belichick always finds a way to make chicken salad out of chicken sh...

Your last statement certainly isn't untrue, but Gronk hasn't been essential to the Pats success. We won a SB last year without him and the comeback yesterday occurred after he went down. He is certainly an asset, especially without Edleman, but Brady has proven he can make a system work with just about any receiving core. If Welker had just made that one 'Danny Amendola-like' catch (from the Jags game) in the 2012 SB, we might be talking about grabbing SB #7 for Brady/Belichick (and let's not even talk about the helmet catch...ugghh!!)