Author Topic: Is Tom Brady a system QB  (Read 12412 times)

Re: Is Tom Brady a system QB
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 03:07:28 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2152
Steve Young experienced success after Montana, does that make Montana a "system quarterback"? This is so silly
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 03:15:12 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Yeah. Just like I don't care if bird or magic is better.  I care about the Celtics being better than the lakers. I guess I could have said, " I could care less."

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 03:15:48 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Steve Young experienced success after Montana, does that make Montana a "system quarterback"? This is so silly

Actually it proves it....the old-timers called their own plays....Unitas, etc.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 03:25:22 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Of course he is a system guy no hot dogging allowed.

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 04:16:56 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
I suspect that if Jimmy and Jacoby were throwing to Givens, Gaffney, Patten, Fauria, Wiggins and the other relatve flotsam that he's had in championship seasons, they may not have looked as good.  With Bennett, Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, Hogan and Mitchell, this is as deep and versatile (all great blockers) a receiving group that BB has ever assembled.  I cant wait to see what the GOAT is able to do with that lineup and a solid defense.

TP

This team is stacked right now, aside from the mediocre offensive line.

Those early Pats title teams weren't anything special offensively, Brady elevated sub-par talent when it counted. Russell Wilson is in a similar situation in Seattle.

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 04:18:19 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The system just has to not involve an idiot like Lloyd Carr trying to replace him with Drew Henson because Drew might go play for the Yankees.

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 04:32:01 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
Belichick had one playoff appearance and a 37-45 record with the Browns and a 5-13 record with the Patriots before Tom Brady became a starter. Fact. In comparison Pete Carroll went 28-23 with Bledsoe and the Pats and got canned. IMO Belichick was on the same trajectory, and if he hadn't drafted Brady, he likely would have been fired a long time ago.

TB12 has succeeded with every OC he has had.

Tom helped create the "system" we have now - he is a hard worker, and you can bet he has major input and insight into what to do, and what works.

Belichick has always been a great coach, and has also become a fantastic talent evaluator. Garoppolo is a great prospect IMO, and could be a future Pro Bowler. BB has grown and improved, and has filled in the cracks after some earlier poor drafting that led to some very bad defensive play in the 2008-2012 seasons. He deserves a ton of credit. But without Brady I don't think he lasts long enough to get as good as he is.

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 05:46:00 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
No. The Patriots are renown for having a different game plan each week. When Brady first started he was, but every QB starting out has game plans tailored to what they know or can do at that point in time (See Thursday night's game.) Brady knows everything at this point in his career.

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 08:31:34 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
with the recent successes of various QBs in Bellichek's system is Tom mostly a product of the system?

All QBs are system QBs.

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 10:25:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
with the recent successes of various QBs in Bellichek's system is Tom mostly a product of the system?

All QBs are system QBs.
And if a QB decides he's just gonna wing it like maybe Brett Farve they're usually a terrible QB

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2016, 10:51:30 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
No. The Patriots are renown for having a different game plan each week. When Brady first started he was, but every QB starting out has game plans tailored to what they know or can do at that point in time (See Thursday night's game.) Brady knows everything at this point in his career.

Totally agree with this.

Also, while I love that the Pats have won the last three games, let's keep a bit of perspective about these things. It's a long season, Pats have a long way to go.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2016, 11:45:08 PM »

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
Tom Brady is a system QB the same way that Tim Duncan is a system PF.

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2018, 06:24:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
If the system is being the greatest of all time then he's definitely a system QB.

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2018, 06:53:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Yes. That system is why every throw Brady makes reaches the receivers at the right spots.

::)   :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2018, 07:26:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yes. That system is why every throw Brady makes reaches the receivers at the right spots.

::)   :laugh:
Well, as you know, he can't throw it AND catch it. Gisele said so.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."