Author Topic: Is Tom Brady a system QB  (Read 12416 times)

Re: Is Tom Brady a system QB
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2018, 07:09:36 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yes. That system is why every throw Brady makes reaches the receivers at the right spots.

::)   :laugh:
Well, as you know, he can't throw it AND catch it. Gisele said so.
hes no Mariota. Thats for sure.
He's also no Jimmy G.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000700917/Garoppolo-completes-pass-to-himself

Should have kept Jimmy :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2018, 09:03:17 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Nobody ever said that about Montana after Young took over and won a Super Bowl. Why does it always come up with Brady?

- Cassell took over a team that went 16-0 the previous season and went 11-5... That’s -5 wins.
- Jimmy G won 2 regular season games with a team in the midst of another potential dynasty.
- Jacoby went 1-1 with what Jimmy G was working with.

Brady took over for Bledsoe and lead an Patriot team that came out of nowhere, to a SB win.

1) Jealousy
2) Because hater gonna hate. It's what they do best.

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2018, 11:13:49 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
He has more Super Bowl wins than Peyton and Eli and Archie Manning combined.

Eli owns Tom.  Spoiled his perfect season.

Just look it up.  The record don't lie.

Eli-2

Tom-0

No other argument is relevant because I said so.  Only my opinion matters, yours doesn't.

Eli threw up a blind Hail Mary that a guy caught with his helmet (a guy who never caught another NFL pass BTW).
Yup

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2018, 11:31:42 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
He has more Super Bowl wins than Peyton and Eli and Archie Manning combined.

Eli owns Tom.  Spoiled his perfect season.

Just look it up.  The record don't lie.

Eli-2

Tom-0

No other argument is relevant because I said so.  Only my opinion matters, yours doesn't.

Eli threw up a blind Hail Mary that a guy caught with his helmet (a guy who never caught another NFL pass BTW).

That's how good Eli was, he passed it so well even a dude that never caught another NFL pass could catch it. =P

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2018, 02:24:05 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Nobody ever said that about Montana after Young took over and won a Super Bowl. Why does it always come up with Brady?

- Cassell took over a team that went 16-0 the previous season and went 11-5... That’s -5 wins.
- Jimmy G won 2 regular season games with a team in the midst of another potential dynasty.

Brady took over for Bledsoe and lead an Patriot team that came out of nowhere, to a SB win.

Do people still downplay Cassell's year when he went 11-5? When was the last Super Bowl loser that had another great season the following year? There always seems to be some sort of drop off. And are people going to compare a veteran quarterback in Brady to a guy who hadn't started a game since high school? The drop off should have been more like 10-12 games. Lets also not forget, Cassell had very little preparation for playing the starting role when Brady went down a few minutes into the 2008 season. BTW, when Brady came back in 2009, the Pats went 10-6, which was worse than Cassell's 11-5 mark. Funny how that never gets mentioned.

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2018, 02:46:00 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be

Do people still downplay Cassell's year when he went 11-5? When was the last Super Bowl loser that had another great season the following year? There always seems to be some sort of drop off. And are people going to compare a veteran quarterback in Brady to a guy who hadn't started a game since high school? The drop off should have been more like 10-12 games. Lets also not forget, Cassell had very little preparation for playing the starting role when Brady went down a few minutes into the 2008 season. BTW, when Brady came back in 2009, the Pats went 10-6, which was worse than Cassell's 11-5 mark. Funny how that never gets mentioned.

That '09 team had plenty of warts.  Outside of maybe the '02 squad, probably the worst Pats team of the Belichick/Brady era ('00 excluded when Brady wasn't the starter).

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2018, 05:26:47 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell

That '09 team had plenty of warts.  Outside of maybe the '02 squad, probably the worst Pats team of the Belichick/Brady era ('00 excluded when Brady wasn't the starter).

I'm sorry, but that sounds like a poor excuse.

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2018, 05:36:17 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
I think I would have had a greater respect for Brady if the Pats had traded him instead of Garoppolo. For me, the only reason that seems to make sense is if the Pats were trying to protect his legacy at the supposed GOAT. Which means the Pats claim to having the best player of all time in the NFL. What would have happened to the GOAT status, if he is traded to another team and goes 9-7 or 10-6 and is one and done in the playoffs or misses them completely for the next 4 years or so? During that same time, what if Garoppolo was winning a Super Bowl or two with the same team that Brady once had? Wouldn't that seem to indicate that Bellichik could have won with anybody and didn't need Brady?

I'm just happy that Danny Ainge is in charge of making those decisions for my favorite team. I loved Pierce and Garnett, but Danny made the right call in trading them.

BTW, am I the only person that thought of Pierce's post game press conference (after the Game 6 vs Pacers in 2005) where he wore the gauze/ace bandage, after seeing Brady wear those red gloves during his Friday press conference before the Jaguars game?

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2018, 05:41:58 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be

Rosters vary from year to year.   Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel, & Seymour were all gone.  McDaniels went to Denver. That's tough to bounce back from.   They brought in a bunch of crap free agents that didn't amount to much.

It was a transition team and not a very good one at that.

The reason the drop in record doesn't get discussed was because people know the '09 team was inferior to the '08 team.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2018, 06:02:52 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I think I would have had a greater respect for Brady if the Pats had traded him instead of Garoppolo. For me, the only reason that seems to make sense is if the Pats were trying to protect his legacy at the supposed GOAT. Which means the Pats claim to having the best player of all time in the NFL. What would have happened to the GOAT status, if he is traded to another team and goes 9-7 or 10-6 and is one and done in the playoffs or misses them completely for the next 4 years or so? During that same time, what if Garoppolo was winning a Super Bowl or two with the same team that Brady once had? Wouldn't that seem to indicate that Bellichik could have won with anybody and didn't need Brady?

I'm just happy that Danny Ainge is in charge of making those decisions for my favorite team. I loved Pierce and Garnett, but Danny made the right call in trading them.

BTW, am I the only person that thought of Pierce's post game press conference (after the Game 6 vs Pacers in 2005) where he wore the gauze/ace bandage, after seeing Brady wear those red gloves during his Friday press conference before the Jaguars game?

Crazy idea: what if Tom Brady was, is, and will continue to be better than Jimmy G?

Shocker- I know.

KG and Pierce showed that they were slowing down. Danny made the call to trade them after realizing that they were near the end. Neither had much success after leaving Boston.

You would have a point if Brady wasn't still the best player in the NFL.

I love KG and Pierce, but you cannot compare them to Tom Brady.

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2018, 06:11:47 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

Man, if Cassell had won a Super Bowl that season, it would have been such an amazing feat. But I guess it would take the hypothetical greatest quarterback of all time to do something like lead a team to a Super Bowl victory after having no preseason reps as a starter.

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2018, 06:33:44 PM »

Offline OnPoint

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 128

Rosters vary from year to year.   Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel, & Seymour were all gone.  McDaniels went to Denver. That's tough to bounce back from.   They brought in a bunch of crap free agents that didn't amount to much.

It was a transition team and not a very good one at that.

The reason the drop in record doesn't get discussed was because people know the '09 team was inferior to the '08 team.

well said

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2018, 06:57:43 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

You are reaching like crazy.

This is why its tough to talk to Pats haters. They just contort things until they have a narrative they feel happy with.

Why doesnt it make sense that maybe Brady is actually so good that Belichick thought it was the best decision to move on from Jimmy G because as good as Jimmy G is, he's not worth moving on from Brady because what Brady offers you at the QB position is so superlative.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2018, 07:00:01 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

You are reaching like crazy.

This is why its tough to talk to Pats haters. They just contort things until they have a narrative they feel happy with.

Why doesnt it make sense that maybe Brady is actually so good that Belichick thought it was the best decision to move on from Jimmy G because as good as Jimmy G is, he's not worth moving on from Brady because what Brady offers you at the QB position is so superlative.
Yeah, lol, insanity
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2018, 07:00:18 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

2009 team had way less talent than the 08 team which was very similar to the 07 team.

Brady threw 50 TDs broke all kinds of records and led his team to a 16-0 record. The next year Cassell threw 21 TDs and went 11-5 failing to make the playoffs.

People also make Cassell out to be some kind of scrub. He made a pro-bowl and led the Chiefs to the playoffs 2 years later.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.