Author Topic: Is Tom Brady a system QB  (Read 12413 times)

Is Tom Brady a system QB
« on: September 23, 2016, 11:10:40 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
with the recent successes of various QBs in Bellichek's system is Tom mostly a product of the system?

Re: Is Tom Brady a system QB
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 11:12:01 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
No.

That is all.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 11:22:09 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Yes, of course.

Well... on the other hand, I'd imagine he's the closest individual to Jesus that we'll have the pleasure of seeing. So, maybe not.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 12:50:52 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 12:44:40 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
A system is just lines on paper.

Lines on paper vs. Tom Brady.... in the battle of who deserves the credit for Tom's Brady's decision making and arm throwing speed and accuracy?

Don't underestimate Lines on paper, it gets receivers open and that makes Tom look good... it has nothing to do with the actually ability of the receivers themselves, Lines on paper gets that credit as well. 

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 07:51:41 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Is Michael Jordan a system basketball player?

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 07:58:03 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Is Jesus a system savior?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 08:10:18 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
No, it's just that football depends much more on a good system than other sports.  This is partly because of the number of players on the playing field so everybody has to do their job for plays to work properly (either offense or defense).  Basketball is much more individualized with only 5 players per team.  Baseball is even more individualized due to the dominant nature of the pitcher-batter relationship.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 08:21:27 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
if he was really a system QB, don't you think that after 15 years of game film, other teams would replicate the "system"?  Yet, no one has managed to do so.  Sure the Pats have played payed well in the first three games of the season, but other than the first quarter of game two, the offense hasn't been anything close to what it is under Brady. 

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 08:45:34 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
I suspect that if Jimmy and Jacoby were throwing to Givens, Gaffney, Patten, Fauria, Wiggins and the other relatve flotsam that he's had in championship seasons, they may not have looked as good.  With Bennett, Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, Hogan and Mitchell, this is as deep and versatile (all great blockers) a receiving group that BB has ever assembled.  I cant wait to see what the GOAT is able to do with that lineup and a solid defense.

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 08:50:36 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I suspect that if Jimmy and Jacoby were throwing to Givens, Gaffney, Patten, Fauria, Wiggins and the other relatve flotsam that he's had in championship seasons, they may not have looked as good.  With Bennett, Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, Hogan and Mitchell, this is as deep and versatile (all great blockers) a receiving group that BB has ever assembled.  I cant wait to see what the GOAT is able to do with that lineup and a solid defense.

And if Dion Lewis can come back healthy mid season, this offense is going to be fun to watch.

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 09:20:13 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I mean, what kind of success did Brissett actually have?  The first two touchdowns followed great field position after fumbled kickoff returns, so they got the ball at the 21 and 22.  The third touchdown was just two runs by Blount.  I grant the first touchdown was a nice run by Brissett, and he didn't throw any picks, but that kind of performance does not win most games.  Against Miami, it was 21-0 when Brissett came in, and they were out scored 24-10 the rest of the way.

Brady won countless games on his own merits.  Jimmy won one, but Brissett just managed to not lose.  Seriously.

Also, I'm not a Pats fan.  I would have happily had Tom Brady as my team's quarterback for most of the last 15 years (although as a Broncos fan, Peyton did give me a couple of nice years -- but 2002-2012, and beginning again this year, I would have loved to have Brady.)

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 09:44:06 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
Looks like we found our #hotsportztake of the day.  I'll put on the shades.  8)

I'd love to know what that "system" is. They've only reinvented the offense about 4-5 times in 15 years.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 09:47:33 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Every team has a system, you need the right players to fit the system, great players make the system great.

Let me ask this was Joe Montana a system QB? He played in the West Coast system.

Brady is in the discussion for GOAT!

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 02:27:54 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Could care less who the greatest is. They win so cool. Montana can be better. Who cares?

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 02:52:50 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Could care less who the greatest is. They win so cool. Montana can be better. Who cares?

did you really post on a sports-related interest thread to spout some nonsense about who could possibly care who is better at something?