Author Topic: Bosh career over?  (Read 5639 times)

Re: Bosh career over?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 09:47:30 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Tough situation even if he is well managed medically there is a little risk to his life. Some doctors and a lot of lawyers would heavily advise not to have him play. Even if he signs a waiver what do you tell his family or fans if things go bad? Saying something like, "He wanted to play and he accepted the risk so we let him play" isn't enough if it goes bad. People will claim the franchise only cared about tickets or wins.

Oh and let's also not forget about the insurance and cap relief the Heat stand to gain by Bosh not being cleared to play this year. The Heat couldn't fill up that arena with their big three, what are the attendance #s going to look like this year with now no Wade. Sure they would like skipping on paying Bosh's full salary. Then with cap relief they can possibly go get a new guy to help long term.

Again tough situation for that franchise.

Well Erik Spoelstra was on the court as a player when Hank Gathers died too. I can't imagine that doesn't have some impact for the franchise, one of the most heartbreaking moments in NCAA BB history.

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 10:43:49 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Chris Bosh is my second favorite player in today's NBA (behind Paul Pierce). Sad to see him go out like this, but if it's just a career-end for the franchise...let him come on board with the Celtics.

A Bosh/Horford front court would look scary.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 12:46:37 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
This is so awful. Bosh's got to be one of the most beloved and respected guys in the league. Such a shame that this is how it's (likely) going to end for him.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 01:15:55 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
^Agreed. That Heat team was easily disliked, but Bosh has had an incredible career. It's a shame. Seems as though the org. would prefer to head into 2017 FA with the $25 mil, though, while Bosh has the medical issue and a growing family.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:27:03 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 08:15:49 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
If I were Bosh, theres no way I would risk my life..i sure he has enough money to live on..also if I was a team, I would not take a chance on him
This is the way Bosh has to be thinking.  This thing should be much bigger than basketball in his mind.

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 09:28:50 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
His career with the Heat, yes.

Given the details of his condition, I highly doubt any other team would touch him even if he decided to keep playing.

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 09:33:17 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If he doesn't play again, can he crack the starting team in the HOF class with KG, Kobe and Duncan?

Don't know his career stats but using my eye, IMO he is no HOFer.

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 10:00:57 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Given the details of his condition, I highly doubt any other team would touch him even if he decided to keep playing.

I don't think that's right. If another team can get a high character all-star for a minimum salary, while screwing up the Heat's cap in the process, they're going to do it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 11:42:42 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

I don't think that's right. If another team can get a high character all-star for a minimum salary, while screwing up the Heat's cap in the process, they're going to do it.

sounds like a lebron type move on a couple fronts

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 11:25:14 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

sounds like a lebron type move on a couple fronts
I see Warriors First. Bosh and James are no longer tight.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 01:31:45 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Not if they think that the player could drop dead on the court for their team.  No matter how many waivers Bosh signs, I'm not sure I would take that risk as an Owner.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2016, 01:55:04 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

Not if they think that the player could drop dead on the court for their team.  No matter how many waivers Bosh signs, I'm not sure I would take that risk as an Owner.
i mean there is no risk, if he can pass the medical, and he is cleared to play, i would love for the celtics to sign him. i think riley just wants to get rid of him in an undeserving manner
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2016, 02:28:20 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

i mean there is no risk, if he can pass the medical, and he is cleared to play, i would love for the celtics to sign him. i think riley just wants to get rid of him in an undeserving manner
I don't think that is the case at all.  Since Miami is going to be paying him a large amount of dollars whether he plays or not (obviously if he doesn't insurance will cover a large percentage of it, but certainly not all), why wouldn't they want their best player to you know actually play.  Miami's doctors haven't cleared him for a reason and that reason is he has to take medicine to live and play yet can't be on that medicine when he is actually on the court for other health reasons.  Bosh thinks he has developed a regimen that would allow him to take his medicine but for it not to be in his system when he is playing.  Again, that is a risk I would not be willing to take as a team owner (at least the first team owner to do it). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip