Author Topic: Milwaukee are sleepers  (Read 6931 times)

Re: Milwaukee are sleepers
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 01:54:06 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Yeah I thought they had a legit shot at the playoffs this year but losing Middleton really screws them. He was their best shooter on a team that has dreadful spacing.

With him out, their chances took a massive hit.

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 02:24:38 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
sorry ,don't you know middleton out for season
-they have no 3 point shooters and will miss his defense putting more pressure on the greek defensively while also running the point-

Teletovic is an excellent three point shooter.

With that said, any team win Jason Kidd as a head coach can be legitimately considered as a sleeper for the top pick in he draft.
Kidd has a better regular season record and a better postseason record than Stevens.  They have each been coaching for 3 seasons.

Right, because comparing the 2013-2014 Nets roster with the 2013-2014 Celtics roster is a valid comparison.
then compare the Nets to Boston last year if it makes you feel better.  I mean Boston won 48 games, the Nets only won 44 (and like Boston was the 5th seed and also like Boston played a 48 win team in the 1st round).  The bottom line is each has coached for exactly 3 years.  You don't have to compare year by year, I mean that is actually pretty silly to do.  Kidd has taken two different teams to the playoffs as a head coach and has won a 1st round series.  Stevens has done neither of those things despite having the best regular season record among them.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 02:43:24 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
They have some very nice pieces but I cant see them as anything more then a sneak into the playoffs 8th seed type team. This was my opinion even before the Middleton Injury. Middleton, Giannis and Parker have the making on a talented very versatile starting 2-4. However those 3 need very specific roles filled at the 1 and 5 spot to really be successful. Their PG needs to be an elite defender. Middleton and Giannis are to tall to regularly handle guarding elite PGs. The PG must also be a knock down 3pt shooter. Delly fits the mold but he is better suited as a backup. In the absence of Middleton I expect they play alot of MCW and Delly togehter. At center I would rather see a traditional pick and dive defensive anchor type center. They where previously successful with Plumlee and Henson filling the role and struggled defensively with Monroe. I think Monroe's poor fit goes back there inability to defend other teams PGs consistently. On a team like the Cs where all the perimeter defenders stay in front of their man a player like Sully can play competent defense. With the tall longer but less quick laterally wings the Bucks have they need a center who is a true rim protector.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 03:14:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Extreme youth doesnt win in this league. Thats the reason teams like Minnesota and Milwaukee aren't expected to win a ton of games. Losing Middleton is huge for Milwaukee. They will struggle to hit .500.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:30:48 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 03:19:11 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Giannis is Milwaukee's starting PG next year. The Middleton injury probably slides Jabari to the 3 more and gives Monroe a chance to play more and redeem himself.

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2016, 05:25:37 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If by sleepers you mean tired and weak, Then I agree with you.

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2016, 05:47:32 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Whatever chance the Bucks had of really surprising people is dead now without Middleton. He was their ONLY plus shooter who played a lot, and they're going to seriously struggle shooting.

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 08:12:13 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Whatever chance the Bucks had of really surprising people is dead now without Middleton. He was their ONLY plus shooter who played a lot, and they're going to seriously struggle shooting.
This. Their spacing is going to be terrible is Delly is the only shooter on the floor ever. And it doens't sound like they can get anybody of value for Monroe. That team is going to be in the middle of that big Eastern conference pack and they're not better than most of them.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 10:05:32 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
This bucks team will inflct damage on someone in the playoffs. Hopefully Atlanta.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 10:53:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
That rookie is awesome. 2nd round no less.

Bucks GM has to be given credit. Greek freak and that kid. Maker was a risk but too early to say.

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 10:58:28 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
With Middleton back, the Bucks are officially a BAD matchup for the Celts.

Add them to the list of Washington and Toronto.

I do not like the Celts trying to handle a big scoring guard over the course of a 7 game series.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 12:24:40 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
With Middleton back, the Bucks are officially a BAD matchup for the Celts.

Add them to the list of Washington and Toronto.

I do not like the Celts trying to handle a big scoring guard over the course of a 7 game series.

That Brogdon, Snell, Middleton, Greek, Monroe lineup is brutal.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 01:17:58 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Milwaukee sure has a lot of length and athleticism.

And they don't even have Jabari right now.  If he can get back to where he was this year the Bucks are really going to be a team to reckon with in the coming years.

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 01:42:59 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
sorry ,don't you know middleton out for season
-they have no 3 point shooters and will miss his defense putting more pressure on the greek defensively while also running the point-

Teletovic is an excellent three point shooter.

With that said, any team win Jason Kidd as a head coach can be legitimately considered as a sleeper for the top pick in he draft.
Kidd has a better regular season record and a better postseason record than Stevens.  They have each been coaching for 3 seasons.

Right, because comparing the 2013-2014 Nets roster with the 2013-2014 Celtics roster is a valid comparison.
then compare the Nets to Boston last year if it makes you feel better.  I mean Boston won 48 games, the Nets only won 44 (and like Boston was the 5th seed and also like Boston played a 48 win team in the 1st round).  The bottom line is each has coached for exactly 3 years.  You don't have to compare year by year, I mean that is actually pretty silly to do.  Kidd has taken two different teams to the playoffs as a head coach and has won a 1st round series.  Stevens has done neither of those things despite having the best regular season record among them.

Can we have this particular discussion at the end of the season?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 05:12:38 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I wouldn't worry about them yet until they upset their first round matchup.