Author Topic: Milwaukee are sleepers  (Read 6966 times)

Milwaukee are sleepers
« on: September 23, 2016, 03:15:40 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
After getting my binkie (Teletovic), a solid backup in Delly, getting a fit Jabari, and peak-greek-freak (thankyou), I think the Bucks could do very nicely and get a high playoff seed. My prediction is that just about everyone else's prediction that Milwaukee is around #20 in team power rankings for 2017 is completely off. Really they need to get rid of Monroe somehow (maybe even a Bogut reunion??). Booting OJ Mayo for drugs or whatever was handy.

They do need more depth in bigs, but overall they look like a great run 'n gun competitor with the C's.

What do you think? Are you scared of the Bucks?

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: Milwaukee are sleepers
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:42:00 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Thon Maker is the X factor for them. He ends up being dynamic like Gianni's there gonna be good.

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 03:56:04 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
sorry ,don't you know middleton out for season
-they have no 3 point shooters and will miss his defense putting more pressure on the greek defensively while also running the point-

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 06:52:08 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
They won't be in the playoff hunt this year. I give New York and Chicago more of a shot than Milwaukee. The balance is completely off with their team, sure they are a matchup problem for some teams and defensively they are solid but they have so many gaps to fill and they are quite easy to game plan for.

Playoff locks: Cleveland, Toronto, Boston, Atlanta, Indiana

Contending for playoffs: Charlotte, Washington, Detroit, New York, Chicago, Orlando

Not a clue: Miami

Basement: Milwaukee, Philly, Nets

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 07:19:10 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Sleepers as in teams can beat them in their sleep.

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 08:51:14 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Miami is pretty simple, they will be horrible and going for a top pick.

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 09:10:06 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Yea I don't think the Bucks can overcome the loss of Middleton so I find it unlikely they can make the playoffs.

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 09:15:43 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Yea I don't think the Bucks can overcome the loss of Middleton so I find it unlikely they can make the playoffs.

I agree with this and will be happy if the team doesn't do well.

The Greek Freak envy that goes on on this board is nauseating. There will be a million more greek freak coulda, woulda, shoulda threads on this site if the Bucks do well.

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 10:02:29 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think MIA post-Wade is more of a sleeper in the East than MIL. 

Losing Middleton is gonna hurt and you still have Kidd as the head coach plus the Greg Monroe headache so I have a tough time buying into them.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 10:50:37 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Maybe in two years but they'll be sleepers this year in the sense that they wont wake up to find themselves anywhere in playoff contention.

A starting five of

Dellavadova (not a back up like the OP mentioned, if he is I'm not sure who would start over him)
Vaughn?
Giannis
Parker
Monroe?

With Henson, Plumlee, Mirza, MCW (terrible), Novak (terrible), Beasley (terrible), Terry (washed up), and Maker (great potential from my eyes but not ready) led by Jason Kidd (terrible).

Way too many question marks with this team, a lack of legit depth, and a lack of five guys who should actually be starting. The guys on the bench could start or they could not even crack the rotation. Their so called starters (other than Giannis) could find themselves in limited roles off the bench. There's talent in a few spots but not nearly enough to be a sleeper.

I'd have to go through my own power rankings but I honestly think #20 is being generous as opposed to anything else.

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 12:23:13 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715
-they have no 3 point shooters and will miss his defense putting more pressure on the greek defensively while also running the point-

Teletovic is an excellent three point shooter.

With that said, any team win Jason Kidd as a head coach can be legitimately considered as a sleeper for the top pick in he draft.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 12:32:01 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 12:50:32 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

looks like they just traded Ennis for Mike Beasley to replace Middleton's contribution. 

still not sure I'm sold on this team. 

7th or 8th seed is their ceiling in my view.

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 12:59:09 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1557

With that said, any team win Jason Kidd as a head coach can be legitimately considered as a sleeper for the top pick in he draft.
Kidd has a better regular season record and a better postseason record than Stevens.  They have each been coaching for 3 seasons.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 01:04:33 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
After getting my binkie (Teletovic), a solid backup in Delly, getting a fit Jabari, and peak-greek-freak (thankyou), I think the Bucks could do very nicely and get a high playoff seed. My prediction is that just about everyone else's prediction that Milwaukee is around #20 in team power rankings for 2017 is completely off. Really they need to get rid of Monroe somehow (maybe even a Bogut reunion??). Booting OJ Mayo for drugs or whatever was handy.

They do need more depth in bigs, but overall they look like a great run 'n gun competitor with the C's.

What do you think? Are you scared of the Bucks?
They made the playoffs 2 years ago and really underperformed last year despite the talent on the roster.  I don't really see them qualifying as "sleepers".  the expectation is that they should be competing for a playoff spot this year.

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 01:22:03 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Kidd has a better regular season record and a better postseason record than Stevens.  They have each been coaching for 3 seasons.

Right, because comparing the 2013-2014 Nets roster with the 2013-2014 Celtics roster is a valid comparison.