Author Topic: no david lee,no european trip,no playing fo pizza  (Read 1175 times)

no david lee,no european trip,no playing fo pizza
« on: September 22, 2016, 05:53:08 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
how many games did that european trip lose for the celts early in season, they also came down with bug from that trip
david lee did not come in from a summer of partying in shape and didn't mesh with celtics
zeller completely lost the plot
last years pre season was not well thought out
i believe it contributed to our record in a negative way
marcus  was just healing from those ripped out fingers  only to play a bit the dilocate his knee coming back in january-no wonder his shot was off

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:44:06 AM by rollie mass »

Re: no david lee,no european trip,no playing fo pizza
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 09:00:09 AM »

Offline hagar55voa

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
I fully expect Zeller to have a good year...I hope the coach gives him some playing time to prove himself...

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 09:23:35 AM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
I liked the idea of the Europe trip in '08 when we had a lot of veteran new pieces (KG, Ray, Cassell, Posey). I feel like the Europe trip bonded that group in a way that propelled them through the season straight to the championship.

With the team we had last season, the trip probably did more harm than good. Really looking forward to this preseason, especially to see what Jaylen Brown is all about.

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 11:13:26 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
playing  the nets and philly should give jaylen just enough competition while adjusting to nba
rozier will get to cut his teeth running the 2nd team-

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 03:30:50 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
how many games did that european trip lose for the celts early in season, they also came down with bug from that trip
david lee did not come in from a summer of partying in shape and didn't mesh with celtics
zeller completely lost the plot
last years pre season was not well thought out
i believe it contributed to our record in a negative way
marcus  was just healing from those ripped out fingers  only to play a bit the dilocate his knee coming back in january-no wonder his shot was off

Zeller is a luxury product. Yes, he was solid until paired up with David Lee. Brad Stevens is human and can make some rare mistakes.

Tyler needs to be like Pressey. He will not play a lot, but when he does, he has to be a spark plug. He'd have to make some unforeseen leap in center defense ability to be much more than that. There would have to be injuries. Mickey may or may not be ready. Jerebko is a big kid.

Zeller is good on offense with still untapped ceiling potential. He seems to have Brandon Bass' wide open automatic lazy jumper.

Zeller is effective with pick and roll. Evan Turner was good at finding him underneath the rim.

Anyway, unless Olynyk underwhelms, there's simply not much playing time for Tyler Zeller, but we might want to keep him dust-free just in case to play or to keep his value high so as to perhaps include him in a trade. I guess Zeller's fate depends on how well Olynyk, Jerebko and Mickey play. Everyone knows Al Horford and Amir Johnson have nothing to prove.

Zeller should get his chances unless there are no injuries and he's simply not better than four guys ahead of him. Zeller seems to lack fire.