Author Topic: Quotes from Ainge Boston Herald  (Read 4039 times)

Re: Quotes from Ainge Boston Herald
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 06:19:32 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I don't think he's necessarily talking about Noel.  I just think if you're a big, and a rim protector, and a good offensive player, then you're a bonafide star.  He know's that's a different discussion altogether.  So I think he was just making an analogy about the kinds of rim protectors that might be available.

Besides. what does DA think about having a guard that hurts your offense?   So he's not being entirely consistent anyway, else smart would not be on this team (regardless of all the things he can supposedly do).

if he isn't talking about Noel, then who? 
not a lot of guys fit that mold, and considering we've been rumored in Philly discussions going back to the draft, its not really a leap. 

i see this as Ainge just re-affirming his position with Philly. 
time isn't going to erode Danny's leverage, as BC might have been hoping. 
if anything, our team gels and stops taking their calls all together. 

Smart and/or Bradley are just too valuable to our team's culture.  in a vacuum or a video game, maybe you rate Noel higher than both -- but factor in chemistry / fit / winning -- it's hard to let either go.  especially considering that their defense is specialized for all the best players in today's league.  Is there a better tandem to throw at Curry, Paul, Westbrook, Wall, Lillad, Harden etc etc etc?  Absolutely not. 

Losing that advantage over the rest of the league pales in comparison to what Noel might bring in return.  Defensive centers just don't move the needle much anymore.  Remember when we all thought Asik was going to be difference maker in NO?  Or how little Bogut has meant to Golden State's run?  Or how quickly Ibaka's role was marginalized in OKC? 

Now if we keep our core, and deal Rozier + future picks --- different story.  But this team is in too good position right now to be very entertained by trade offers.  We need to be overwhelmed, in my opinion, if we are to part with any assets.