Author Topic: Middleton out.  (Read 6978 times)

Re: Middleton out.
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2016, 11:55:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
This doesn't really seem like a replacement to me:

Adrian Wojnarowski
Adrian Wojnarowski – Verified account ‏@WojVerticalNBA

Houston has traded Michael Beasley to the Bucks for guard Tyler Ennis, league sources tell @TheVertical.

man, i was hoping to see Beasley under D'Antoni

Beasley is a great, cheap solution for them. The guy can still play, and can score at a high level. This could work out really well for the Bucks.

On a related note, Tyler Ennis will get his chance finally in Houston. It's a win-win trade for these two teams.

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2016, 12:11:55 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Adrian Wojnarowski

Houston has traded Michael Beasley to the Bucks for guard Tyler Ennis, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Beasley is a great, cheap solution for them. The guy can still play, and can score at a high level. This could work out really well for the Bucks.

On a related note, Tyler Ennis will get his chance finally in Houston. It's a win-win trade for these two teams.

I don't really think Beasley is any kind of solution.  He is not going to play the 2 on either end of the court.  They don't really have anyone playing the 3 who they can shift down for a lot of minutes either.  So either they're going to have to go small at that position, running two PG/combo guards out there the entire time, play Giannis out of position for a lot of minutes, or go get someone else.

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2016, 09:06:57 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Adrian Wojnarowski

Has Beasley ever worked out really well for an NBA team?  Nope.

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2016, 11:28:03 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Adrian Wojnarowski

I don't really think Beasley is any kind of solution.  He is not going to play the 2 on either end of the court.  They don't really have anyone playing the 3 who they can shift down for a lot of minutes either.  So either they're going to have to go small at that position, running two PG/combo guards out there the entire time, play Giannis out of position for a lot of minutes, or go get someone else.

I think they'll be giving Rashad Vaughn more of a look at the 2 - they were feeding him minutes the last 2/3rds of last season despite shoddy numbers.  Must see something there.

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2016, 02:02:23 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Any takers on trading for Khris while his value is low and they're kinda stacked there? KO? Memphis pick, zizic, and terry?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.