Poll

Olynyk for Brice Johnson

Yes. I don't want to pay Kelly a fat stack if cash.
6 (15.8%)
No. I'd rather keep him and role the dice he resigns.
29 (76.3%)
Olynyk freaks me out
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Poll: Olynyk and a Second for Brice Johnson  (Read 5364 times)

Re: Poll: Olynyk and a Second for Brice Johnson
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2016, 03:30:05 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Not a huge KO fan, but this is absurd.  Kelly has proven to be at least a decent guy off the bench, why trade him and a 2nd for a low-ceiling prospect?

Again, this has to do with Money and the Cap situation. If you want Gordon Hayward, Blake Griffin, or another Free Agent than you can't Pay Olynyk 15 million per year.

Thr board thought Jamal Murray or Maker was not feasible for Olynyk, so IMHO I guy I really liked and who I think will go down as a steal in this draft was Johnson.

You like apple's? Well how bout them apple's.

I wasn't aware that Hayward and Griffin are still available to sign before this season.  Oh, they're not?  Then why on Earth would you trade Olynyk now for a borderline 1st round rookie player (for the record, I really like Brice and suggested on these pages that Danny try to draft him at 31 or 35) when you aspire to win the Atlantic division this season? 

Kaz and I love apples, but we're just not that into your watered-down version of applesauce.

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2016, 03:58:37 AM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
Obviously you wouldn't rather have Kelly play for the Celtics this year.

Huh?

Johnson reminds me a lot of Brandan Wright and he was such a bad fit on our team that he was moved immediately.

Wright came into the team mid season, with a logjam in the frontcourt, there were just not enough minutes for him so something had to give.
I would have rather traded Zeller and kept Wright.

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2016, 05:10:01 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Not a huge KO fan, but this is absurd.  Kelly has proven to be at least a decent guy off the bench, why trade him and a 2nd for a low-ceiling prospect?

Again, this has to do with Money and the Cap situation. If you want Gordon Hayward, Blake Griffin, or another Free Agent than you can't Pay Olynyk 15 million per year.

Thr board thought Jamal Murray or Maker was not feasible for Olynyk, so IMHO I guy I really liked and who I think will go down as a steal in this draft was Johnson.

I wasn't aware that Hayward and Griffin are still available to sign before this season.  Oh, they're not?  Then why on Earth would you trade Olynyk now for a borderline 1st round rookie player (for the record, I really like Brice and suggested on these pages that Danny try to draft him at 31 or 35) when you aspire to win the Atlantic division this season? 

Kaz and I love apples, but we're just not that into your watered-down version of applesauce.

Ok Sixth Man, I'll put it to you like this. If we determine that the amount of money Olynyk will command is not something we are interested in paying, and moving him this year for Assets is a good move .

Then what would you suggest we trade him for

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2016, 07:43:38 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

Ok Sixth Man, I'll put it to you like this. If we determine that the amount of money Olynyk will command is not something we are interested in paying, and moving him this year for Assets is a good move .

Then what would you suggest we trade him for

A player of comparable value

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2016, 10:44:48 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
KO for anyone who can shoot and play good D.. like Paul George or someone.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2016, 01:06:46 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
KO is a 13th pick who panned out very well.

Johnson is a 25th pick who hasn't even been in the pan.