Poll

Olynyk for Brice Johnson

Yes. I don't want to pay Kelly a fat stack if cash.
6 (15.8%)
No. I'd rather keep him and role the dice he resigns.
29 (76.3%)
Olynyk freaks me out
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Poll: Olynyk and a Second for Brice Johnson  (Read 5367 times)

Re: Poll: Olynyk and a Second for Brice Johnson
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 05:37:24 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Obviously you wouldn't rather have Kelly play for the Celtics this year.

Huh?

Johnson reminds me a lot of Brandan Wright and he was such a bad fit on our team that he was moved immediately.

Actually Stevens addressed the Wright trade in the Simmons podcast, it was more to do with a logjam at the big position, and opening up PT for the guys already here.

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 05:43:00 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
LOL
I just dont get it.
Ryan Anderson deserves 20 mil a year
But Oly should be bundled with a pick for an unproven player with multiple question marks.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&hint=Kelly+Olynyk&player_id1_select=Kelly+Olynyk&player_id1=olynyke01&hint=Ryan+Anderson&player_id2_select=Ryan+Anderson&player_id2=anderry01

For all the people screaming overpay, this is assuming we don't want to pay Kelly bug dollars next year.

So the idea is to get a cost controlled player back for four years.

If Johnson cam be the worse player on the floor your in good shape. He's am outstanding rebounder, moves extremely well laterally, can block shots and score around the rim, and has good touch out to 15 feet.

Perfect compliment role player.

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 07:42:46 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
Not a huge KO fan, but this is absurd.  Kelly has proven to be at least a decent guy off the bench, why trade him and a 2nd for a low-ceiling prospect?

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 08:53:49 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Not a huge KO fan, but this is absurd.  Kelly has proven to be at least a decent guy off the bench, why trade him and a 2nd for a low-ceiling prospect?

Again, this has to do with Money and the Cap situation. If you want Gordon Hayward, Blake Griffin, or another Free Agent than you can't Pay Olynyk 15 million per year.

Thr board thought Jamal Murray or Maker was not feasible for Olynyk, so IMHO I guy I really liked and who I think will go down as a steal in this draft was Johnson.

You like apple's? Well how bout them apple's.

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 09:05:49 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Obviously you wouldn't rather have Kelly play for the Celtics this year.

Huh?

Johnson reminds me a lot of Brandan Wright and he was such a bad fit on our team that he was moved immediately.

He's like an Ed Davis / Brandan Wright hybrid -- cut from the same baby blue cloth.

Meanwhile, Kelly can't catch a break here on CB :P
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 09:14:24 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Kelly is certainly one of the players on the C's that needs to define his roll, be consistent, and stay healthy before anyone talks about resigning him. I'm tired of seeing just "flashes" with KO.

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 09:33:46 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Kelly is certainly one of the players on the C's that needs to define his roll, be consistent, and stay healthy before anyone talks about resigning him. I'm tired of seeing just "flashes" with KO.

Thank you Rosco, Tp.

I'm not paying him 60 million plus until hey proves he's a starter. I'm going to keep thinking of trade options until Kelly proves me wrong.

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 09:40:25 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Thank you Rosco, Tp.

I'm not paying him 60 million plus until hey proves he's a starter. I'm going to keep thinking of trade options until Kelly proves me wrong.

It's really difficult to predict his market value at this point, though. And definitely in part because of the frequency of his injuries and inconsistency. Speculation at best, but I'd be surprised if there were many / any teams out there that will be excited by the prospect of overpaying the kid from the Shannara Chronicles (whatever that is).

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 09:54:35 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Thank you Rosco, Tp.

It's really difficult to predict his market value at this point, though. And definitely in part because of the frequency of his injuries and inconsistency. Speculation at best, but I'd be surprised if there were many / any teams out there that will be excited by the prospect of overpaying the kid from the Shannara Chronicles (whatever that is).

Come on Tarheels. Man up and tell me how much per Year Olynyk gets at the end of the season. I'm saying 15 million Per at least.

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2016, 10:23:02 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Not even Olynyk for Johnson and a second.  Or a bad 1st.  He's proven he can contribute and it's uncertain if Johnson will even be good enough to stick.

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2016, 10:54:27 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Oh God, no!
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2016, 11:00:25 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73

Again, this has to do with Money and the Cap situation. If you want Gordon Hayward, Blake Griffin, or another Free Agent than you can't Pay Olynyk 15 million per year.

Thr board thought Jamal Murray or Maker was not feasible for Olynyk, so IMHO I guy I really liked and who I think will go down as a steal in this draft was Johnson.

You like apple's? Well how bout them apple's.

I'd rather him not come back either if he's gonna get payed the way I think he will.  I just think that this trade undervalues him and does nothing to improve the team when Olynyk could potentially used as an asset to acquire someone more valuable.

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2016, 11:40:17 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Thank you Rosco, Tp.

Come on Tarheels. Man up and tell me how much per Year Olynyk gets at the end of the season. I'm saying 15 million Per at least.

No, you KGLL.

And I am a 13 year old from Wisconsin, not a man.  >:(

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2016, 01:10:02 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Thank you Rosco, Tp.

No, you KGLL.

And I am a 13 year old from Wisconsin, not a man.  >:(

Lol, no your not Tarheels.

I already did. 15 million per year is my guess per year for Arm bar Olynyk. Tp anyway lil kid.

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2016, 03:23:48 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Ainge could have just drafted him if he wanted him.

Superb.  TP for you, thanks!