Poll

Olynyk for Brice Johnson

Yes. I don't want to pay Kelly a fat stack if cash.
6 (15.8%)
No. I'd rather keep him and role the dice he resigns.
29 (76.3%)
Olynyk freaks me out
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Poll: Olynyk and a Second for Brice Johnson  (Read 5366 times)

Poll: Olynyk and a Second for Brice Johnson
« on: September 21, 2016, 03:29:00 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Obviously you wouldn't rather have Kelly play for the Celtics this year. However Brice Johnson is a pretty exciting power forward  Prospect, that I would love to get my hands on even if we had to throw in a second round pick.

Re: Poll: Olynyk and a Second for Brice Johnson
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 03:44:19 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 He would be a great fit next to Horford. He does not need the ball to be effective. He's the ultimate garbage man. And a fantastic rebounder.

I think he's a Poor man's Sean Marion the matrix, except he's a Power Forward.

https://youtu.be/cWLgOZaAWXg

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 04:49:41 AM »

Offline anewframe

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
To be honest I'm more interested in seeing how Mickey goes first. Also interested to see how Yabusele is when he comes over and maybe even Bentil. If Celtics management wanted Johnson they could have had him. Wasn't there also talk about his motor? Didn't seem like a Danny Ainge kind of pick to me but I could be wrong. Also isn't it an overpay?

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 08:11:40 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
LOL
I just dont get it.
Ryan Anderson deserves 20 mil a year
But Oly should be bundled with a pick for an unproven player with multiple question marks.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&hint=Kelly+Olynyk&player_id1_select=Kelly+Olynyk&player_id1=olynyke01&hint=Ryan+Anderson&player_id2_select=Ryan+Anderson&player_id2=anderry01

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 08:25:53 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
LOL
I just dont get it.
But Oly should be bundled with a pick for an unproven player with multiple question marks.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&hint=Kelly+Olynyk&player_id1_select=Kelly+Olynyk&player_id1=olynyke01&hint=Ryan+Anderson&player_id2_select=Ryan+Anderson&player_id2=anderry01
I don't think KO will be much more than he is, but there is no way I would ever do this trade.  none at all.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 09:17:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 09:32:56 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Whether or not Johnson becomes a better player and/or would be a better fit for this Celtics team, Kelly Olynyk right now has much more value than Bryce Johnson. So right at this moment that's a crazy, bad deal for the Celtics.

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 09:43:18 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Ainge could have just drafted him if he wanted him.

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 11:11:27 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Obviously you wouldn't rather have Kelly play for the Celtics this year.

Huh?

Johnson reminds me a lot of Brandan Wright and he was such a bad fit on our team that he was moved immediately.

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 11:28:11 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I have no faith in KO but the C's should be getting the pick back not putting it in.

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 11:52:48 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
LOL
I just dont get it.

Anderson doesn't deserve 20 million but it is what some team was willing to overpay. That overpay is something to keep in mind when it comes to KO. I'm not saying this is the trade to accept for KO but KO should probably get dealt. No way you can give KO anything close to what Anderson got and still be in the hunt for a max level signing.

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 12:08:13 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
LOL
I just dont get it.

Anderson doesn't deserve 20 million but it is what some team was willing to overpay. That overpay is something to keep in mind when it comes to KO. I'm not saying this is the trade to accept for KO but KO should probably get dealt. No way you can give KO anything close to what Anderson got and still be in the hunt for a max level signing.

You are right, Anderson getting 20m is an overpay.
And Oly plus a pick is an overpay for Brice Johnson.
I think some people WAY underestimate Oly's value.

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 12:32:26 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
LOL
I just dont get it.

You are right, Anderson getting 20m is an overpay.
And Oly plus a pick is an overpay for Brice Johnson.
I think some people WAY underestimate Oly's value.
I agree to some degree. I think the other team should  giving C's their second to C's.

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 01:03:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
I'm sure that outside of Simmons and Ingram, Ainge got every player he wanted out of his draft. Why would we trade Olynyk, whom Ainge traded up to draft and who is established as a productive NBA player right now, for someone he thought was not worth drafting even though we had 6 picks?

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 03:10:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm not sure if Brice Johnson has a role in the NBA.  Why would the Celts give up a quality young role player and a pick to get him?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain