Author Topic: Woj: Gay told Kings he'll become free agent in 2017 and not likely return  (Read 4056 times)

Re: Woj: Gay told Kings he'll become free agent in 2017 and not likely return
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 09:10:55 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think we should trade the core of our team for him and Cousins so we can win 35 games just like the Kings do every year.

Is this year Train Wreck aka Cousins goes .500 for the first time?

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 09:34:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
So George Karl seemed pretty desperate to leave, a year ago the best FA they could get was Rajon Rondo, who proceeded to have 0 interest in a return. Now Rudy Gay says he wants to leave too.

Will Sacramento look at this and say, my God we need to rebuild and trade Cousins? or will they say my God, cousins is the only good player who will ever agree to play here, we cant trade cousins? or will they Kings it and do nothing but draft another center.

If Im Sac im looking at a very tankable year. They trade Cousins they are almost certainly looking at a top 5 pick.

Problem is Philly has a pick swap with them this year if the Kings tank. That deal the Kings made last year rivals the Nets-Celtics trade for most lopsided deal in the last five years.

All the more reason for them to trade us Boogie for the 2017 pick swap, which could ultimately give them two almost guaranteed top five picks.

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 12:54:02 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Hopefully Gay and Cousins are the best of friends.

Edit: Could go either way, here...
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25269137/watch-rudy-gay-smacks-demarcus-cousins-in-the-head-during-interview
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 12:59:28 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
So George Karl seemed pretty desperate to leave, a year ago the best FA they could get was Rajon Rondo, who proceeded to have 0 interest in a return. Now Rudy Gay says he wants to leave too.

Will Sacramento look at this and say, my God we need to rebuild and trade Cousins? or will they say my God, cousins is the only good player who will ever agree to play here, we cant trade cousins? or will they Kings it and do nothing but draft another center.

If Im Sac im looking at a very tankable year. They trade Cousins they are almost certainly looking at a top 5 pick.

Problem is Philly has a pick swap with them this year if the Kings tank. That deal the Kings made last year rivals the Nets-Celtics trade for most lopsided deal in the last five years.

Good news for the Kings is that Philly will still be a bottom 5 team, so the swap downside is mitigated.  It's not like they're swapping for a pick in the 20s.  It's be idiotic for a team to have a pick swap as a bottomfeeder with a top tier playoff team.

;D

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 03:38:07 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Probably try to go for Gali first.

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 05:03:39 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

What in the world are you talking about. The 76ers got two pick swaps and a protected first for like 15 million in salary relief. They obviously didn't swap last year with the number 1 pick and the kings are projected for 10-15 more wins this year than the 76ers. Overwhelming barring lottery Magic the Kings will get 15 million dollars in cap relief for a protected first. It also looks like the 76ers may cut stauskas after signing Elton brand (you read that right). How is this in the same league as the Celtics getting multiple lottery picks and 2 first rounders for a year of pierce and Garnett?

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 07:12:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I'm not taking him to get Cousins ,nooooooO.  Way

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 08:06:15 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

What in the world are you talking about. The 76ers got two pick swaps and a protected first for like 15 million in salary relief. They obviously didn't swap last year with the number 1 pick and the kings are projected for 10-15 more wins this year than the 76ers. Overwhelming barring lottery Magic the Kings will get 15 million dollars in cap relief for a protected first. It also looks like the 76ers may cut stauskas after signing Elton brand (you read that right). How is this in the same league as the Celtics getting multiple lottery picks and 2 first rounders for a year of pierce and Garnett?

Wow. I said this a while ago, so why did you dig this up? Are you that hung up on any rhetoric that could possibly compliment Philly for what they're doing? Has Larbrd33 gotten to you THAT BADLY? Man the season really needs to start already.

And I just said it rivals it. That's all. The reason why it's a big rip off that rivals the Brooklyn deal to me is at least when Brooklyn made the deal with the Celtics, they at least had a half decent first season and the deal at first glance seemed like a good deal for them. The deal Sacramento completed with Philly made no sense from the minute it happened. They did it just to clear up space in the hopes of getting someone great which didn't happen, while Philly got a former lottery pick who may or may not work out for them, and basically the opportunity to own Sacramento. Will it have as big a pay off as Boston has from Brooklyn? Probably not unless Nic Stauskas has a renaissance year and Philly gets the #1 overall pick this year from the Kings, which isn't out of the realm of possibility. Not saying it will happen, but I aint saying it won't.

See, to me, a rip off has to be shown from both sides. Not just how the team who won got a big pay off but also how much the team that lost got ripped off. It took two years for Brooklyn to fall to where they are now. Before then, they at least were decent. Sacramento hardly improved and they could get much worse this year if things continue to go south for them. That to me shows a big rip off.

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2016, 09:00:33 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Car salesman says that LAC still likes Gay.

Are they kicking the tyres on a potential deal?
Banner 18 please 😍