Author Topic: Critique of Nerlens Noel defense, using 40+ gifs  (Read 1740 times)

Critique of Nerlens Noel defense, using 40+ gifs
« on: September 10, 2016, 09:36:43 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
I thought this article at Liberty Ballers was interesting given that many Celtics fans would like to bring the hometown boy, Nerlens Noel, back to Boston to play with the Cs. I guess you could go through any player's video and find serial mistakes, but this was pretty comprehensive (or at least voluminous)...

http://www.libertyballers.com/2016/9/7/12826434/nerlens-noels-defensive-weaknesses-with-data-points

Re: Critique of Nerlens Noel defense, using 40+ gifs
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 10:36:10 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yeah, anyone has tape of them getting beat.  Videos of him swatting people is just as biased the other way.

http://www.nba.com/sixers/video/teams/sixers/2016/04/19/1461072852826-top-blocks-2015-2016-nerlens-noel.mp4-457891/

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 10:44:18 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Good freaking grief. That is one of the most biased, self-deluded piece of trash articles that I've ever read lol I couldn't even make it through the first paragraph without having to repress my gag reflex. The "writer" is obviously the Philly site's corollary to LarBrd33 on here.

But anyways, you can cherry-pick 40 instances of even the greatest defenders making errors. Smart, Bradley, Draymond Green, and even Kawhi could have similar cherry-pick articles written about them.

Noel isn't a perfect defender by any means (who is?), but he is a superb defender on a team devoid of talent. He has to cover many others' mistakes and regularly plays out of position, which leads to gifs like this that can be cherry-picked.

The guy is obviously another Okafor blowhole, much worse than anyone on here, who has a major axe to grind. He might have a more reasoned argument if he wasn't so set on ridiculing his readers and proclaiming him being right over everyone else.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 03:50:25 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Good freaking grief. That is one of the most biased, self-deluded piece of trash articles that I've ever read lol I couldn't even make it through the first paragraph without having to repress my gag reflex. The "writer" is obviously the Philly site's corollary to LarBrd33 on here.
I wrote it.  One of my many personas. When I'm not arguing with myself on celticsblog from my larbrd33 and eddie20 accounts, I'm on libertyballers dumping on nerlens Noel, embiid and Okafor.