Author Topic: 2016 NFL Season  (Read 40768 times)

Re: 2016 NFL Season
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2016, 05:54:24 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
Uh oh...

Mike Petraglia ‏@Trags  1m1 minute ago Waltham, MA
Source confirms torn right thumb ligament for Jacoby Brissett. Suffered injury in 2nd half Thursday. Faces likely surgery for stabilization.

To make it fair they are going without a QB.  ;)

Anyway hope not, be a bummer for the kid after that game.

Unfortunate. Someone tell Jules to starting throwing.

The run of injuries on this team is Sort of ridiculous.

Yes, and it's been that way for a while. All of those injured offensive linemen last season, the major injuries Gronk and Edelman have had, Dion Lewis two years in a row.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2016, 05:50:04 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Kinda stinks to have a bye week due to that possibility of seeing Edelman play QB. A solid performance could've placed him in discussions for most versatile man in the world.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2016, 07:55:48 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Does the Bills' smackdown of the Cardinals, and the Dolphins almost losing to the Browns diminish the Pats 3-0 record?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2016, 08:03:47 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Does the Bills' smackdown of the Cardinals, and the Dolphins almost losing to the Browns diminish the Pats 3-0 record?

Nothing diminishes the Pats 3-0 record considering who they have been missing in those games.

« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2016, 12:23:21 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323

Nothing diminishes the Pats 3-0 record considering who they have been missing in those games.

Thankfully, the NFL doesn't operate according to a BCS-style system. Brady will return to a 3-1 or 4-0 team, first in its division, and then (hopefully) it'll be off to the races!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2016, 12:45:21 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
yes.

Absolutely. However, with Pittsburgh getting blown out today, Seattle putting up 15 points in their first two games, Arizona just sucking, Carolina losing two games, and Green Bay starting out shaky, Id still say we have had the most impressive start of any contender. The only two teams I could see being argued would be Denver and Baltimore. Baltimores beaten a bunch of nobodies and Denver Im just quite impressed with. You could easily say theyve been more impressive.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2016, 08:00:58 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
yes.

Absolutely. However, with Pittsburgh getting blown out today, Seattle putting up 15 points in their first two games, Arizona just sucking, Carolina losing two games, and Green Bay starting out shaky, Id still say we have had the most impressive start of any contender. The only two teams I could see being argued would be Denver and Baltimore. Baltimores beaten a bunch of nobodies and Denver Im just quite impressed with. You could easily say theyve been more impressive.

I'm a Denver fan, so I'm biased towards them having had the better start.  I'd say they've had to go against better competition, and yesterday's big win on the road against a potential playoff team was eye-opening for Siemien.

In the NFC, Minnesota and Philly have both looked impressive.  Particularly Philly, having won all their games by at least 15 points.

« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2016, 09:39:00 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
yes.

I'm a Denver fan, so I'm biased towards them having had the better start.  I'd say they've had to go against better competition, and yesterday's big win on the road against a potential playoff team was eye-opening for Siemien.

In the NFC, Minnesota and Philly have both looked impressive.  Particularly Philly, having won all their games by at least 15 points.

Yes, Philly has looked very impressive.

I don't get the "Denver has had a better start" narrative. From a pure W-L standpoint, New England has faced better competition than Denver. But I think it is all "quibbles" at this point.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2016, 09:43:32 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
yes.

Denver has a great defense that can win games for them so the offense just has to be decent. As for Cincinnati they are not as good as they were last year, losing 2 key offensive players that were replaced by inferior talent. On top of that they are massive chokers that have no credibility. Minny and Philly have looked good I'll agree with you on that. 

« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2016, 09:58:12 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think there is clearer separation in the AFC. 

DEN & NE seem to be the cream of the crop.   I think the jury is still out on BAL.   Steelers are probably in that 2nd tier right now.  Probably add the Chiefs & Raiders in there too.

The NFC?  Man, I don't know.   Not quite sure what to make of this Philly team right now.  Same with the Vikings.  The old standbys like CAR, GB, & SEA have looked so-so.   Giants had a terrible lose yesterday.  Your guess is probably as good as mine about who is the top tier there.  My guy still tells me that CAR & SEA will be there at the end.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2016, 11:08:00 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
yes.

Eh. I think Denver has had a tougher schedule but it's close. Carolina and Arizona is basically a wash (especially when Carolina was home and Arizona was on the road) then Indy is better than Arizona and Houston is a bit worse than cincy but we demolished Houston and Denver handily beat cincy. I call it a wash. Denver has been better, but the fact that New England has been marginally worse while playing without Brady or gronk makes it more impressive for me.

DEN & NE seem to be the cream of the crop.   I think the jury is still out on BAL.   Steelers are probably in that 2nd tier right now.  Probably add the Chiefs & Raiders in there too.

The NFC?  Man, I don't know.   Not quite sure what to make of this Philly team right now.  Same with the Vikings.  The old standbys like CAR, GB, & SEA have looked so-so.   Giants had a terrible lose yesterday.  Your guess is probably as good as mine about who is the top tier there.  My guy still tells me that CAR & SEA will be there at the end.
Don't put Pittsburgh to bed just yet. I still put them in the top tier with Denver and New England.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2016, 11:12:45 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
yes.

Eh. I think Denver has had a tougher schedule but it's close. Carolina and Arizona is basically a wash (especially when Carolina was home and Arizona was on the road) then Indy is better than Arizona and Houston is a bit worse than cincy but we demolished Houston and Denver handily beat cincy. I call it a wash. Denver has been better, but the fact that New England has been marginally worse while playing without Brady or gronk makes it more impressive for me.

Don't put Pittsburgh to bed just yet. I still put them in the top tier with Denver and New England.

Not putting them to bed at all.  Just think they're a level below DEN & NE.  They're certainly a playoff team.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2016, 08:25:28 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Look if the steelers couldnt handle the freaking Wentz led Eagles, they arent a upper echelon team. And it wasnt even a good game, but an utter beat down.

I live in upstate NY, so my football is awful. Luckily I grew up a NE fan (ty multiple family members living in NE, and my opportunity here) so I can say what the patriots have done is amazing. Hindsight is 20/20 but the Cardinals are atleast going to play for the playoffs, the texans will challenge, and the dolphins are the team that always should be better than they are.

I cant wait till bradys comeback against the browns. Im guessing 4/1 td/int and 300ish yards.
#JKJB

« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2016, 01:55:20 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Pats may fall today. Earth is out of orbit.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2016, 02:44:29 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Is it just me or is Blount the best RB the Pats have had since Cory Dillon?  They only other I can think of is BenJarvis Green Ellis.