Author Topic: 2016 NFL Season  (Read 40895 times)

Re: 2016 NFL Season
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2016, 08:26:44 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I don't live in Boston anymore, so I don't listen to Boston sports talk radio. Are the talking heads still saying BB made a mistake in drafting Jimmy G?
The talking heads say the Patriots made a mistake every time they draft a QB. But Kirk Minihane on WEEI today thought that 2 years of Brady vs 10 years of Garropolo has become a legitimate question at this point.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2016, 08:47:47 AM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Nice to see the Giants winning games with their defense this year, so far.  Looks like all the money they spent on that side of the ball may have been worth it.

Oh, and is there a better receiving trio in the entire league than Beckham, Cruz, and Sheppard?  I'd be hard pressed to think of one.  A healthy Cruz is scary news for pass defenses.

I'm a Giants fan, so I try not to get too involved in football discussions on this board. But yeah, exiting stuff! Jenkins is looking great at corner, Vernon doing wonders for the line. And regardless of what team you root for, it's great to see Victor Cruz healthy on the field again. Shepard also looking like a steal of a pick.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2016, 01:55:56 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Is there any doubt whatsoever that Garapolo is the 2nd best QB in the AFC East? If you said Fitzgerald or Tannenhil I wouldn't call you crazy. I'd just call you wrong.

Or that Belichick is an even better coach than he was getting credit for? Doing this without Brady certainly helps cement his coaching legacy.

Belichick is amazing.  The Patriots talent, without Brady, Gronk, Hightower, etc, that they had out there yesterday was subpar compared to other NFL teams, yet they were completely dismantling Miami in the first half.  I mean look at the Pats skill players ... Edelman, Amendola, Hogan and Blount.  Most of those guys were released by other teams.  They are average NFL players at best, and Belichick makes them look like All-Pros.  The man is amazing.

There was a quote that Bum Phillips said about Don Shula back in the day ... "He can take his'n and beat your'n, and he could then take your'n and best his'n".  This quote totally applies to Belichick.  I have no doubt whatsoever that Miami would've crushed the Pats yesterday if Belickick were coaching Miami and Gase coaching NE.

Again, that coach is Amazing.

- Dolphins fan

« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2016, 02:06:02 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2016, 02:12:40 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Apparently, the Seahawks just got nailed by the league.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/19/seahawks-nailed-again-for-offseason-violations-fined-and-lose-pick/
Oh so thaaatttt's dropping the hammer!  Poor Seahawks. Poor poor Seahawks.

« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2016, 02:57:34 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Nice to see the Giants winning games with their defense this year, so far.  Looks like all the money they spent on that side of the ball may have been worth it.

Oh, and is there a better receiving trio in the entire league than Beckham, Cruz, and Sheppard?  I'd be hard pressed to think of one.  A healthy Cruz is scary news for pass defenses.

I'm a Giants fan, so I try not to get too involved in football discussions on this board. But yeah, exiting stuff! Jenkins is looking great at corner, Vernon doing wonders for the line. And regardless of what team you root for, it's great to see Victor Cruz healthy on the field again. Shepard also looking like a steal of a pick.

TP to a fellow Giants fan!

« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2016, 11:30:43 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
27-0 Pats win against Texans.
Pretty amazing given it was w a rookie third string QB.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2016, 11:38:26 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

This is just embarrassing for other teams. Seriously.

Without their HOF QB, their Pro Bowl TE, also missing Dion Lewis and a couple of offensive linemen; a backup QB making his first two career starts, then a third-string rookie QB making his first NFL start; beating a Super Bowl favorite on the road.

None of this has mattered. They just keep on winning.

How is this not embarrassing to the Cardinals, Dolphins, and Texans? Not because they lost, but because they got owned. Belichick and his staff are showing their football mastery right now. I just hope it ends with Goodell handing Brady another Super Bowl MVP trophy.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2016, 11:45:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Without their HOF QB, their Pro Bowl TE, also missing Dion Lewis and a couple of offensive linemen; a backup QB making his first two career starts, then a third-string rookie QB making his first NFL start; beating a Super Bowl favorite on the road.

How is this not embarrassing to the Cardinals, Dolphins, and Texans? Not because they lost, but because they got owned. Belichick and his staff are showing their football mastery right now. I just hope it ends with Goodell handing Brady another Super Bowl MVP trophy.

Goodell and the deflate gate fans can suck it!

« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2016, 11:50:41 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Funny how this one writer from the New York post ranked the Pats #4 this week compared to just about everyone else who said the Pats were #1. Not because of how well the Pats played but because he thought things would get worse for them after Jimmy G got hurt.

Suck it New York.

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2016, 12:24:36 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Great post. They're just making a mockery of the league right now.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2016, 01:11:44 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

Great post. They're just making a mockery of the league right now.

Thanks. This may end up being the most enjoyable season of the Brady-Belichick era, and Tom's not even playing yet.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2016, 08:02:56 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Well, that's how they looked when they started 10-0 last season too, so there's that.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2016, 08:42:29 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
There is no doubt whatsoever now that Bill Belichick is the single greatest NFL coach that ever lived, and probably ever will.

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2016, 09:05:00 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
LOL @ the NFL!!

They tried so hard to screw the Pats, to humiliate them on national tv twice and the plan has totally backfired!