Author Topic: 2016 NFL Season  (Read 40915 times)

Re: 2016 NFL Season
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2016, 10:05:27 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Nice job, ESPN.

"experts"

good win though, that was a fun game to watch

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2016, 11:52:00 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Nice job, ESPN.

"experts"

good win though, that was a fun game to watch
a late blown FG cost them their opportunity to be right.  it's not like the Pats blew them out.  still, it did seem like more of an opportunity to pile on the Patriot-hate than actually evaluate the Pats' chances to win.

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2016, 01:17:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Jimmy was impressive last night.

Pats O-line looked pretty shaky, though, and the defense all but gave up the game until Arizona obliged with a holding penalty and a missed FG.

Also, Blount is a beast.  He's the most impressive 3.2 YPC you'll ever see.  A lot of 1-2 yard lurches with the occasional 8-12 yard burst with three guys draped all over him.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2016, 01:42:49 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Pats O-line looked pretty shaky, though, and the defense all but gave up the game until Arizona obliged with a holding penalty and a missed FG.

Also, Blount is a beast.  He's the most impressive 3.2 YPC you'll ever see.  A lot of 1-2 yard lurches with the occasional 8-12 yard burst with three guys draped all over him.

Loved the hurdle over a defender against the Panthers (I think it was) in preseason.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2016, 02:05:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Nice job, ESPN.

to be fair, Arizona should have won the game on the FG.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2016, 02:08:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Nice job, ESPN.

On a 47 yard field goal? Not really. That's like saying an NBA team should have won on a last second three pointer. It wasnt a free throw type of situation.

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2016, 02:11:41 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Nice job, ESPN.

Or New England could of put it away earlier by scoring TDs instead of those 2 FGs earlier in the 4th quarter.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda...

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2016, 02:22:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Nice job, ESPN.

On a 47 yard field goal? Not really. That's like saying an NBA team should have won on a last second three pointer. It wasnt a free throw type of situation.
Just standard pessimism. While there are a few plays you can point to on both teams the fact is for the overwelming majority of the game the Patriots were in the lead numerous times by multiple possessions. Both teams had a highly improbable play that helped them immensely. New England convert on a 3rd and 15. However, the play before the field goal attempt Arizona picked up 18 yards on a 3rd and 23 to even give them the chance at a long field goal. (which as pointed out is hardly a chip shop)

All that being said the 50 50 balls also went the Cardinals way. The patriots sacked Carson Palmer 3 times (and he is a guy that coughs up the ball). The cardinals still had zero fumbles lost. Meanwhile the patriots had 3 fumbles and lost 2. Overall the patriots actually really dominated the cardinals aside from those turnovers. This wouldn't have been a one score game without them.

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2016, 03:05:00 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
A win is a win and it was great to see. The NFL and all the haters must be beside themselves lol. It was their chance to humiliate the Pats on national TV and BANG it backfired! I love it hahahaha.

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2016, 03:12:10 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

The O-line is a mess they need Solder back badly and may need to trade for another tackle. The defense played well mostly as they followed the game plan. They just never seemed to make a big pay when they needed one.

As far as Blount, those 1 yard runs were killing me! Great call and play on that third and long run he had though.

Truly unbelievable with no Brady, Gronk, Solder, the other tackle, the running back on IR and Ninkovich. Those are some of our best players! ;)

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2016, 03:21:16 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
"The Patriots suddenly have a quarterback problem, and Tom Brady's long-term future with the team will be on the line"

http://www.businessinsider.com/patriots-quarterback-problem-tom-brady-jimmy-garoppolo-free-agent-contract-2016-9

Typical press over-reaction.....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2016, 04:57:46 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
"The Patriots suddenly have a quarterback problem, and Tom Brady's long-term future with the team will be on the line"

http://www.businessinsider.com/patriots-quarterback-problem-tom-brady-jimmy-garoppolo-free-agent-contract-2016-9

I remember the same narrative was brought up with Cassel back in 2008. People are stupid sometimes.

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2016, 05:03:07 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

The writer is getting his clicks, which was the entire point of his writing said piece.  I bet he thanks you for helping by linking his article.

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2016, 05:04:53 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
A win is a win and it was great to see. The NFL and all the haters must be beside themselves lol. It was their chance to humiliate the Pats on national TV and BANG it backfired! I love it hahahaha.

I keep hearing fans say they wanted to humiliate the pats but I don't think there's any humiliation losing to the cardinals. Goodell won. It's a big load of cow manure but it's over. I'm glad Brady gave up the fight. It stinks what they did but the less deflate gate talk the better. It's really tiresome.

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2016, 05:21:58 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I thought the running game was awful. Except for a couple of big gains, it was mostly running into a brick wall on some of the most predictable handoffs ever.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."