Author Topic: Woj: Sixers plan on moving one of Noel or Okafor "eventually"  (Read 62610 times)

Re: Woj: Sixers plan on moving one of Noel or Okafor "eventually"
« Reply #300 on: December 21, 2016, 03:40:56 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
This is interesting... Embiid and Noel are best friends (on the team):
It looks Embiid is rooting for Noel

https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/811416727737274369

« Reply #301 on: December 21, 2016, 03:56:40 PM »

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
I'm over both Okafor or Noel.

Don't want any of them unless we can get them extremely cheap.

« Reply #302 on: December 21, 2016, 04:13:19 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
This is interesting... Embiid and Noel are best friends (on the team):
It looks Embiid is rooting for Noel

https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/811416727737274369

If I remember correctly, after Noel publicly stated there should be some changes during training camp, he said his demands were nothing personal against Okafor or Embiid because they are his two best friends on the team.

« Reply #303 on: December 21, 2016, 04:14:45 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
Looks like Nerlens is out of the doghouse.  He's playing in the 2nd half of their game tonight.

What in the world is going on there?

And it's interesting to see that in five out of the last six games, Embiid is shooting 22-62.

Mike
"rookie" wall?

or just that he has been moved to the PF  position so "stud" Okafor could play more minutes

stupid move by Brown
Those numbers aren't correct.  Embiid has not gone 22 of 62 (35.5%) in any 6 game stretch all season.   Including yesterday's game Embiid has gone 34 of his last 79 (43%) in his last 6 games.  If you take out yesterday's game and go the 6 prior to that Embiid was 40 of 88 (45.5%) in those 6 games.

Attention to detail, Sixers defender.
ah, but that is just silly.  Let's ignore that great game Embiid had and just look at these other ones where he didn't do as well.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #304 on: December 21, 2016, 04:16:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Looks like Nerlens is out of the doghouse.  He's playing in the 2nd half of their game tonight.

And it's interesting to see that in five out of the last six games, Embiid is shooting 22-62.

Mike
"rookie" wall?

or just that he has been moved to the PF  position so "stud" Okafor could play more minutes

stupid move by Brown
Those numbers aren't correct.  Embiid has not gone 22 of 62 (35.5%) in any 6 game stretch all season.   Including yesterday's game Embiid has gone 34 of his last 79 (43%) in his last 6 games.  If you take out yesterday's game and go the 6 prior to that Embiid was 40 of 88 (45.5%) in those 6 games.

ah, but that is just silly.  Let's ignore that great game Embiid had and just look at these other ones where he didn't do as well.
yeah if you are gonna rip on Embiid Id probably stick to the injury stuff. The dude is a beast.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #305 on: December 23, 2016, 08:50:22 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

Mike
"rookie" wall?

Not really. Most of the issues have been with Okafor. When they aren't together he's been significantly better.

That also is ignoring a game where he went like 12-17, and the fact that he gets to the FT line a ton...

« Reply #306 on: December 24, 2016, 12:36:33 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
They do need to stop placating to okafor and accept he is a sunk cost and move forward with what is bestfor embiid and Simmons. Most would say that means Noel and get Okafor out of there even if it is for two second rounders. It's a sunk cost now and sucks they got a bust, but they are fine.

« Reply #307 on: December 24, 2016, 03:09:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
Embiid had another excellent game last night.  He again started with Okafor. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #308 on: December 24, 2016, 03:45:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Mike
"rookie" wall?

stupid move by Brown

yeah if you are gonna rip on Embiid Id probably stick to the injury stuff. The dude is a beast.

Yeah, I mean, Embiid wasn't supposed to be playing so well so early. He was expected to be a project, AND he hadn't played competitive ball in 2 years. It's quite amazing what he's done so far.

« Reply #309 on: December 24, 2016, 03:47:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
They do need to stop placating to okafor and accept he is a sunk cost and move forward with what is bestfor embiid and Simmons. Most would say that means Noel and get Okafor out of there even if it is for two second rounders. It's a sunk cost now and sucks they got a bust, but they are fine.

I think so, but I think it's best for the Sixers to actually wait to see Simmons on the court with their current group before deciding anything. Noel however has to be moved soon or else they get nothing.

« Reply #310 on: December 24, 2016, 04:00:13 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I haven't seen a philly game but why do I get this feeling that they start Okafor hoping his defense liability makes them lose?
Am I wrong to think that?

« Reply #311 on: December 24, 2016, 04:08:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I haven't seen a philly game but why do I get this feeling that they start Okafor hoping his defense liability makes them lose?

I think they are just trying to figure out who fits together long term and who does not. They will have to do more of that testing once Simmons is ready to play.

« Reply #312 on: December 24, 2016, 06:02:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

I think they are just trying to figure out who fits together long term and who does not. They will have to do more of that testing once Simmons is ready to play.

There is some concern there is a mandate to play him from management on the 76ers blog. He really is awful and I think they are reactant to admit he is a bust (and he can put up nice counting stats). 10-15 years ago he would have played non stop before people realized how bad he is. No people get it much earlier