Author Topic: Would you trade Anthony Davis for..  (Read 3673 times)

Re: Would you trade Anthony Davis for..
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2016, 12:13:11 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I'm having a hard time picturing a package that lands Anthony Davis that I wouldn't say yes to.

Yuh, throw in Papi and the Bruins franchise.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 02:07:48 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Two all stars, a likely top 3 pick, and a top notch high rotation awesome defender?

My first thought was "Uh...yeah."

Now I'm not as sure. Davis is a foundational player. Not as sure of those guys.

I'd have to look at the money.

It's a little like trading Duncan for a pick that becomes Laetner, Clarence Weatherspoon, Tim Hardaway, and 30 year old Derrick Coleman if Coleman wasn't crazy and lazy. Like if he was as good as he basically should have been.

Instead of Laettner, that player could be Zo/Shaq. It goes both ways. Players selected at the top of the draft are supposed to be franchise altering. Also, I like Crowder and his contract WAY more than Clarence Weatherspoon.

I would probably do the deal, but that is a heavy price to pay. New Orleans would be getting like the best haul ever for a single player...by far.
Anthony Davis is the Shaq in this conversation.

Oh, totally, but that's why NO considers the deal. That, and two all-stars in their prime and possibly the best role-player on possibly the best contract in the NBA.

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 02:23:32 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Not sure I see it as cut and dry. For the presented package, probably... but not all that easy of a decision at this point.

So, have we reached the point where we're good enough, given title hopes and all, that we need to carefully evaluate our assets enough to actually consider turning down an offer for a star?

I'm not sold on it, but several posters I respect seem to believe we've a chance to make the ECF.  So, how far is too far when it comes to fleecing the roster for a star right now? Personally, don't want to give up that '17 BKN pick, and we have quite a few nice pieces.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 04:21:17 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Lol Pelicans laugh and hang up.

But I will do it in a heartbeat.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 09:20:13 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Even though we're probably a 50-55 win team, they would not trade Davis for any players on our roster, as many as they want, plus both our upcoming Brooklyn picks.