Author Topic: Sources: Boston has waived guard John Holland, who signed two-year deal late las  (Read 3255 times)

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
That was fast

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
This disappoints me.  He was my vote for the 15th slot, crazy as that idea was.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Young an't gonna make it either.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
My guess is it's young and bentil who get cut.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Well, cutting him now instead of later gives him plenty of time to catch on with another team. Good move by celtics to give him a chance to catch on elsewhere.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This was a given folks.  Saltlover, I have a bridge I would sell to  you  cheap.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
This was a given folks.  Saltlover, I have a bridge I would sell to  you  cheap.

I bet he has at least as successful a career as RJ Hunter or James Young.  He really impressed me in international competition this summer, and I remember him from when he was at BU while I was doing grad work as well.  I really like him.

His non-guaranteed deal also had a slight potential to be usable.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

I bet he has at least as successful a career as RJ Hunter or James Young.  He really impressed me in international competition this summer, and I remember him from when he was at BU while I was doing grad work as well.  I really like him.

Wow I didn't know he played for Puerto Rico.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bogpDhOeZP8

This was the first thing I found. He looks alright. Certainly nothing I am fretting about, losing him and all. But he looked ok.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I bet he has at least as successful a career as RJ Hunter or James Young.

Could be, but he may never get that opportunity like Young did.   I think if Hunter finds his shot, he will be ok.   That is a big "if" though.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I bet he has at least as successful a career as RJ Hunter or James Young.

Could be, but he may never get that opportunity like Young did.   I think if Hunter finds his shot, he will be ok.   That is a big "if" though.
Yeah it's all about opportunity.  I am convinced that the right thing for Ainge to do is cut Young.  I really don't care that he is only 20 and may yet develop into something.  IMO, he has not shown enough potential as compared to RJH or Mickey.  Getting a future 2nd rounder for Young would be even better.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Wow I didn't know he played for Puerto Rico.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bogpDhOeZP8

This was the first thing I found. He looks alright. Certainly nothing I am fretting about, losing him and all. But he looked ok.

I watched all the games.  He was good.  Really the only player on his team who was better was JJ Barea.  He's definitely capable of being a back-of-the-bench 3/4 in the NBA.  I don't think the same of Young and Hunter with regard to being back-of-the-bench wings.

It's not like I think Holland is amazing.  I just think that neither Young nor Hunter belong in the NBA.  Here's hoping Bentil shows something in camp so he earns the spot over those two.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 04:11:53 PM by saltlover »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 290
I agree I'm rooting for Bentil just because I don't think Young and Hunter will amount to anything. Bentil is at least a question. When the terms are a lack of productivity, I'd prefer questionable to a sure thing.