Author Topic: Is Bosh attainable  (Read 4281 times)

Re: Is Bosh attainable
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 09:19:36 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Not to be a jerk but that would be the biggest mistake in the history of our franchise! :blank:

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 09:32:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I know he's considered a health risk, but given Mgmts failures with Wade and now house they're handling this, would Riley listen for Amir, Zeller and the Nets pick for Bosh?

Riley would pee himself if you offered a Nets pick and 2 usable players (on good contracts) for Bosh, who might not even play this year
Or ever.
Why are we having this conversation?
Because it's the off season.  :(
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 10:30:07 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I definitely wouldn't put a Nets pick in play, but I would consider something like Amir, Rozier, and a first rounder or two (either future or this year's). That's a risk, sure. But it wouldn't be potentially franchise killing like trading a Nets pick and if Bosh actually did rebound to somewhere near his old self for 2-3 years, he'd make us a contender.

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 10:33:35 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Sadly, Bosh's career is likely to be over. He would be great on the Celtics, but we absolutely cannot take on his contract and risk him never playing again. Much less offer a Nets pick for him.

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 11:15:50 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I know he's considered a health risk, but given Mgmts failures with Wade and now house they're handling this, would Riley listen for Amir, Zeller and the Nets pick for Bosh?

I guess the tragic deaths of Len Bias and Reggie Lewis didn't faze you, huh?

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 07:38:02 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
He should retire and enjoy his life and family .

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 10:13:04 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Bosh is available to anyone who would take his contract and give a top 59 protected pick.  He probably won't play again and the Heat have to be terrified he drops dead on t.v. during a game.  If they could get out of his contract, I imagine the Heat would be thrilled.

very good summary. TP.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 05:40:08 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
3 years with a total of $75.9M remaining on his contract and possible he will never play again.

Somehow I can't imagine that Danny is spending much time trying to figure out how we can get Bosh.  Wwwaaayyyy to much risk.  Greg Oden is probably more likely to play productive minutes in the NBA than Bosh.

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 06:03:44 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
To play devil's advocate-

Changing the scenario
Would you be willing to make a (reasonable) trade for Bosh if he's off medication and ONLY plays in home games/games in close proximity where he does NOT need to fly? Magic only played home games in his comeback, so it's not as though it's unprecedented.

Doctors
Bosh's doctor says he's clear, but Heat doctor's disagree. What if Celtics side with Bosh?

Arison
His latest tweet seems optimistic

‏@MickyArison Micky Arison Retweeted Chris Bosh
Looking good CB @chrisbosh look forward to seeing in camp🏀

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 06:27:12 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Doctors
Bosh's doctor says he's clear, but Heat doctor's disagree. What if Celtics side with Bosh?

This happened with Reggie too, and he died.

A doctor who told Boston Celtics star Reggie Lewis he had a "normal athlete's heart" two months before the Boston Celtics star died at 27 while shooting baskets was cleared Monday in Lewis's death.

Jurors in a lawsuit filed by Lewis' widow were asked to decide whether cardiologist Gilbert Mudge provided Lewis with substandard care and whether negligence caused the player's death.

It was not immediately known if Lewis' widow, Donna Harris-Lewis, would appeal.

Lewis collapsed during a 1993 playoff game, and doctors diagnosed the problem as a potentially fatal heart arrhythmia. Unhappy with the diagnosis, Lewis and his wife walked out of the hospital and eventually went to Mudge.

Mudge said Lewis had a benign fainting disorder and would eventually be able to play basketball "without limitation." But on July 27, Lewis collapsed at the Celtics' practice facility and died.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2000-05-08/news/0005090089_1_gilbert-mudge-reggie-lewis-celtics-practice-facility

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,162165,00.html

These athletes are rich enough they can find a doctor that will say what they want, regardless of reality.   It's like rockstars they always seem to find a doc, to give them the meds they want.

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2016, 07:06:55 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Doctors

This happened with Reggie too, and he died.

A doctor who told Boston Celtics star Reggie Lewis he had a "normal athlete's heart" two months before the Boston Celtics star died at 27 while shooting baskets was cleared Monday in Lewis's death.

Jurors in a lawsuit filed by Lewis' widow were asked to decide whether cardiologist Gilbert Mudge provided Lewis with substandard care and whether negligence caused the player's death.

It was not immediately known if Lewis' widow, Donna Harris-Lewis, would appeal.

Lewis collapsed during a 1993 playoff game, and doctors diagnosed the problem as a potentially fatal heart arrhythmia. Unhappy with the diagnosis, Lewis and his wife walked out of the hospital and eventually went to Mudge.

Mudge said Lewis had a benign fainting disorder and would eventually be able to play basketball "without limitation." But on July 27, Lewis collapsed at the Celtics' practice facility and died.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2000-05-08/news/0005090089_1_gilbert-mudge-reggie-lewis-celtics-practice-facility

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,162165,00.html

These athletes are rich enough they can find a doctor that will say what they want, regardless of reality.   It's like rockstars they always seem to find a doc, to give them the meds they want.

I obviously know the Lewis situation, but you seem to be insinuating that all cases should be based on the Lewis situation, not independently. There was a "dream team" of doctors brought in for Lewis and they all had the same conclusion. This has hardly happened in Bosh's case according to reports. In fact, there are rumors that the Heat don't want Bosh to play in order to clear his cap number off the books, which happens 12 months after his last game.

What I'm suggesting is that the scenario does indeed change if the Boston doctors concur with Bosh's doctor's opinion and the price is minimal.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:02:23 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2016, 07:22:10 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It is possible for people to recover, but my point was any player can find a doctor who will take their hard earned dime and say what they want.   Does it mean, they are wrong, nope, but it could mean they are catering to their patient, too.

The Boston doctors I would trust more than a report the player doctor shopped to get one that backed his goals.