Author Topic: Is Bosh attainable  (Read 4303 times)

Is Bosh attainable
« on: August 31, 2016, 11:11:47 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I know he's considered a health risk, but given Mgmts failures with Wade and now house they're handling this, would Riley listen for Amir, Zeller and the Nets pick for Bosh?
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: Is Bosh attainable
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 11:18:24 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I know he's considered a health risk, but given Mgmts failures with Wade and now house they're handling this, would Riley listen for Amir, Zeller and the Nets pick for Bosh?

Riley would pee himself if you offered a Nets pick and 2 usable players (on good contracts) for Bosh, who might not even play this year
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 11:30:36 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Riley would pee himself if you offered a Nets pick and 2 usable players (on good contracts) for Bosh, who might not even play this year
Or ever.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 11:48:36 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
nets pick  :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 11:51:27 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'd give them Zeller and all the players that Boston would cut, plus some future highly protected 1sts.  Not sure I would do much more than that with the health issues.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 12:14:38 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I'd give them Zeller and all the players that Boston would cut, plus some future highly protected 1sts.  Not sure I would do much more than that with the health issues.

That'd be great, but we can't combine Zeller's salary with anyone else's until like January, after which those other contracts will be gone.  It would be doable with Amir's salary, but I wouldn't do it unless the Cs medical team said he wasn't gonna have any more issues (and if that were the case, I don't think Riley would do it)

The biggest issue for me is his huge ($25+ million) salary through 2019, which would kill any chance at signing another big name FA.  If he's not playing at 100%, then that's way too big a hit to take
I'm bitter.

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 12:38:56 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Bosh is available to anyone who would take his contract and give a top 59 protected pick.  He probably won't play again and the Heat have to be terrified he drops dead on t.v. during a game.  If they could get out of his contract, I imagine the Heat would be thrilled. 

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 12:43:57 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Me reading the original post....

Amir (eh a little depth but okay)......zeller (sure why not)........... nets pick (throws phone on the floor.)

As others have said you dont give up the probable best pick (quality not position) the franchise has had in years for a stretch pf over 30 who might never play again (tragic as I always loved bosh in toronto, and thought he was the most likeable of the big 3 by far. Not to mention he sacrificed the most statistically. People forget he was a 22/11/2 guy before going down there to become a glorified 3pt shooter. He was like a better love.)
#JKJB

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 01:22:19 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Or ever.
Why are we having this conversation?

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 01:51:11 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Bosh is available to anyone who would take his contract and give a top 59 protected pick.  He probably won't play again and the Heat have to be terrified he drops dead on t.v. during a game.  If they could get out of his contract, I imagine the Heat would be thrilled.
No he isn't or he wouldn't be on the Heat.  Either he plays or Miami gets to write off his contract for a medical retirement. 

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 02:50:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
No he isn't or he wouldn't be on the Heat.  Either he plays or Miami gets to write off his contract for a medical retirement.

"Write it off" isn't what happens, you realize.  They'd get salary cap relief next year, after having a dead roster spot this season.  They'd also have to pay him about $34.9 million over the life of the contract, with insurance covering about $41 million.  That's a lot of money involved, even for an NBA team.

Not to mention, if Bosh plays for even a second and then decides he can't do it, then the Heat are out even more money, and the cap hit would happen next year as well.  Furthermore, if, after medically releasing him, another team's doctor's clear him to play, and he plays in at least 10 games, including the pre-season, the Heat would again be on the hook for his full salary, including the cap hit.

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 05:01:09 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

"Write it off" isn't what happens, you realize.  They'd get salary cap relief next year, after having a dead roster spot this season.  They'd also have to pay him about $34.9 million over the life of the contract, with insurance covering about $41 million.  That's a lot of money involved, even for an NBA team.

Not to mention, if Bosh plays for even a second and then decides he can't do it, then the Heat are out even more money, and the cap hit would happen next year as well.  Furthermore, if, after medically releasing him, another team's doctor's clear him to play, and he plays in at least 10 games, including the pre-season, the Heat would again be on the hook for his full salary, including the cap hit.
I know all that.  I was doing the crib notes version for time.  Yeah it is more complicated, but if all it took was a 2nd round pick, some other team would have taken that risk (like the Lakers, Knicks, etc.).  Even with all that money at stake, Bosh is worth the risk of a 2nd round pick.

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 06:16:16 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is attainable because he is damaged goods.   No way, period, not worth the risk.  Why do guys think a person's problems will vanish once they come here.

http://www.si.com/nba/chris-bosh-health-blood-clot-miami-heat-nba-playoffs

Reggie Lewis found a doctor that cleared him, too, and look what it got him.   He should take his life over basketball.

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 07:15:58 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I know all that.  I was doing the crib notes version for time.  Yeah it is more complicated, but if all it took was a 2nd round pick, some other team would have taken that risk (like the Lakers, Knicks, etc.).  Even with all that money at stake, Bosh is worth the risk of a 2nd round pick.

No he's not.  The only reason the Heat would trade him for a second-round pick is if they sincerely believe  he's not playing again.  And they have the medical records the other team doesn't have.  No team in their right mind should trade for Bosh -- they should be compensated for taking him on, and hope that they get lucky and he recovers.

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 08:28:03 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Just say No