Author Topic: When does training camp start?  (Read 2233 times)

When does training camp start?
« on: August 30, 2016, 11:47:16 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
I've looked around a bit to try and find a starting date, but it doesn't seem like they've announced it yet.

The preseason schedule starts on Tuesday, October 4th. And if I remember right, there's usually about two weeks of practice/training camp before the actual games start.

So that'd put training camp starting around September 19-20, which is only about two and a half to three weeks away!

I'm pretty pumped for this season, and the last several months have just been dragging by. Hopefully there's only a couple of more weeks before we get Celtics basketball back in our lives!

Re: When does training camp start?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 11:56:40 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Indeed, cannot wait till the doldrums of summer are a thing of the past. This has been a particularly brutal offseason -- maybe the expectation for a trade was stronger than in past years? Regardless, I'm looking forward to the season.

My wish list (within reason):
*Brown gets at least 15 (hopefully closer to 20) mpg
*Smart identifies ways to contribute offensively with greater efficiency
*Rozier makes a leap and helps fill the void left by Turner
*Horford fits seamlessly and we hit the ground running
*We remain healthy & win a playoff series

Edit: Realize I didn't attempt to provide an answer to your question, but share your enthusiasm for the season.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:20:42 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 02:01:33 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Indeed, cannot wait till the doldrums of summer are a thing of the past. This has been a particularly brutal offseason -- maybe the expectation for a trade was stronger than in past years? Regardless, I'm looking forward to the season.

Edit: Realize I didn't attempt to provide an answer to your question, but share your enthusiasm for the season.

TP! I'm pretty done with the offseason and ready to get the season started already.

I have pretty much the same wish list, though I have a little higher expectations for the playoffs. I think it's pretty much ECF or bust for us. I think anything else would be a failure for this year. I also think another big acquisition via trade, e.g. like a Butler or Cousins, is on my wish list for this year, too, because we have several top-tier assets just ready to trade at the moment. It'd be pretty disheartening to not make another big acquisition either via trade or free agency next summer.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 08:20:12 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

TP! I'm pretty done with the offseason and ready to get the season started already.

I have pretty much the same wish list, though I have a little higher expectations for the playoffs. I think it's pretty much ECF or bust for us. I think anything else would be a failure for this year. I also think another big acquisition via trade, e.g. like a Butler or Cousins, is on my wish list for this year, too, because we have several top-tier assets just ready to trade at the moment. It'd be pretty disheartening to not make another big acquisition either via trade or free agency next summer.
Yup good list.  My wish is for at least one of these players to improve their FG%: Smart, Crowder, Rozier.  If that happens, I don't see what could keep us out of the ECF, barring injury.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 09:07:37 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I haven't been able to confirm this anywhere but I have no reason to refute it:

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2016/08/26/kelly-olynyk-should-be-ready-to-rock-when-training-camp-begins/

"And with Celtics training camp set to begin in a month on Sept. 26, things are looking up in the 7-footer’s recovery"
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 09:27:09 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
got confirmation from CSNNE that Media Day is indeed on Sept. 26th

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 12:00:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Hmm. And Media Day is the very first day of training camp, right? That means there's only a week of actual training camp before the preseason games start. Does that seem shorter than usual, or am I just remembering it wrong?

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 12:16:17 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
camp is always just a week