Author Topic: what does the Ben Bentil contract say about Danny's plans?  (Read 4605 times)

Re: what does the Ben Bentil contract say about Danny's plans?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 07:39:43 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I've been wondering about the decision to give a partially guaranteed contract to Ben Bentil, which represents the 17th roster spot with (some) guaranteed money.  Bentil is guaranteed 250K no matter what happens. Is this just the price to pay for an extra competitive camp? Or does Danny have a trade waiting in his back pocket. As has already been widely commented, two players will have to be cut, and Bentil is a likely cut at this stage. He can go to Maine then, but the C's will not retain his rights. Wouldn't it of been better had they stashed him like Nader? Or just given him the minimum offer-sheet, and let him sign overseas while retaining his rights? There is some piece of the puzzle missing...
While this is an interesting topic which I gave a tp out on

Your handle...Rick robeys return
How did you come up with that?

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 10:16:03 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
"Your handle...Rick robeys return
How did you come up with that?"

A play on words, and my tribute to one of my all time favorites, Dennis Johnson, who was the return on the Rick Robey trade to Phoenix. An all-time great Red move....

TP back at you....

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 08:08:13 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I know Jackson got a nice deal but is he really a better prospect than the rest of the crop?  We also already have Thomas, Smart, and Rozier to handle the ball.  I was not impressed in summer league, although I was not that impressed either by Hunter, Young, and Bentil.  Mickey showed some promise but seems to struggle to hold his ground.

Anyway if more than 3 of those 5 young players are deserving of making the team I'm sure Ainge has a backup plan such as selling high on JJ, and trading one of those young players for a future pick.  Maybe Brown could fill his role as a small ball 4, or maybe Mickey starts to get some meaningful minutes.

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 09:28:25 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
"Your handle...Rick robeys return
How did you come up with that?"

A play on words, and my tribute to one of my all time favorites, Dennis Johnson, who was the return on the Rick Robey trade to Phoenix. An all-time great Red move....

TP back at you....

I thought it was the alliteration. :)

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 11:19:24 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 290
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-invites-with-d-league-in-mind/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

Interesting that it looks like quite a few teams are putting big six figure deals on guys who likely will go to the D League. Looks like the beginnings of investing more in salary to attract talent there.