Author Topic: demetrious jackson will he be a steal  (Read 2726 times)

demetrious jackson will he be a steal
« on: August 29, 2016, 06:38:46 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
didn't have a great summer league but got a nice contract
while all the focus is elsewhere, there were those that think jackson could be the steal of the draft
he can play defense and has quickness that is coupled with the highest vertical at combine only 6-1 but has 6-5 wingspan and can be quite pesky
all these young guys in two months of serious training can come back much improved,some point guards dominate in summer league for others new teammates ,further 3 pt line and adjustments to speed and length can cause tentativeness and overuse of dominant right hand
as good as rozier draft looks now he was taken at 15
i think danny knows what he got when it comes to guards at tail end of draft

Re: demetrious jackson will he be a steal
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 07:11:55 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
He was projected to go higher, glad Danny grabbed him.  Hopefully IT can mentor him on being a 'little man' in this league.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 07:49:16 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
He was projected to go higher, glad Danny grabbed him.  Hopefully IT can mentor him on being a 'little man' in this league.

tp nice pickup on isaiah as a mentor-
he shot over 40% from three a year ago,he is deadly on catch and shoot
 the thing about him that is a cardinal sin for a point guard ,he picks up his dribble forcing him to make some very bad passes ,
he will have to work all year on his left hand and developing a floater
the left hand the bad habit of stopping dribble can easily with time be corrected--this was his first year as point at notre dame and it shows
we need a young big for horford to mentor-maybe he will help zeller after the david lee disaster devasted him for the rest of year and teach kelly a few tricks
every time i think of a horfords screen and the way he rolls to hoop with a spread floor and isaiah
-i would love to see isaiah avg in 20's with a boat load of assists while becoming even more efficient
i wish they put up in waltham live cameras for league pass during certain hrs-
all we ever see is games, i would like to watch rj shoot,jaylen shoot ,young shoot i hate making judgements on players that get sporadic time and never can get in a rhythm
-sort of like team usa did-i would pay for that

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 09:26:29 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532
You're not drafting a guy for now you're drafting him for what you hope he'll develop into.  That said during summer league he just didn't look like an NBA player.  if you can't even bring the ball up when you're being closely guarded - and you're supposed to be a 1 guard, that's a problem.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 12:51:17 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
You're not drafting a guy for now you're drafting him for what you hope he'll develop into.  That said during summer league he just didn't look like an NBA player.  if you can't even bring the ball up when you're being closely guarded - and you're supposed to be a 1 guard, that's a problem.
Such a small sample size there in SL...I will give Jackson the benefit of the doubt at this point.

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 01:07:11 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I keep hearing that he is 6'1, but man he looks so much smaller. He looked awful in summer league, but who knows. I am kind of hoping that he is insurance in case we move some of our guards for a star player. Say we moved rozier as part of a package, maybe jackson could step in for 14-18 mins as a guard off the bench.
#JKJB

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 01:10:27 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
if you can't even bring the ball up when you're being closely guarded - and you're supposed to be a 1 guard, that's a problem.

Yeah, this is the problem. In summer league it became clear that his ballhandling isn't good enough to go up against NBA-level ball pressure. If he can fix that, he'll contribute in the league, it's as simple as that.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 01:52:54 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Please don't tell me that at 21 years old he can't develop that handle.

Come on Demetrius...you can do this!!

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 02:22:41 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
I keep hearing that he is 6'1, but man he looks so much smaller. He looked awful in summer league, but who knows. I am kind of hoping that he is insurance in case we move some of our guards for a star player. Say we moved rozier as part of a package, maybe jackson could step in for 14-18 mins as a guard off the bench.

I will grant that maybe Jackson develops, and it was a low risk pick for Danny. But based on Summer League I see no way that Jackson steps in this year at the point, for 15 minutes a game. He should buy a condo in Portland, and expect to play 30 minutes a night for the Red Claws, all season...

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 02:35:11 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
This year, Jackson will have the enviable role of 3rd and a half string PG (similar to Rozier last year), so he'll spend the season between Maine and Boston and won't get much of a chance to show anything.  He's there as injury insurance, since Rozier will be playing a role and we no longer have Turner

I think I'd rather see Kelly play the 1 this year than Jackson, but clearly Danny saw something in him
I'm bitter.

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 03:39:13 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I expect him to develop in Maine all year, and that's ok. He will be good and a rotation piece in the future. Super high on this kid.

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 04:00:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I gonna have to see a lot more improvement before I think he makes the show.

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 05:44:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I gonna have to see a lot more improvement before I think he makes the show.
These are my thoughts as well. But then again, Phil pressy played in the nba for a couple of years.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 06:14:10 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
"Steal"--?

The only Steal---is him stealing money from the Celtics with that contract. 
it's absurd.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 07:31:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Great enthusiasm as usual, Rollie.  Forgive me, if I am less an optimist given what we seen in summer league.   I thought he was a steal, he is an athlete but as some have said, he does not dribble well at all.