Poll

Who should be more embarassed regarding the James Young draft pick, Danny Ainge or Bill Simmons?

Danny... He drafted James Young.
21 (42.9%)
Bill Simmons - He nearly lost his job on TV fist-pumping this smoking turd of a pick..
15 (30.6%)
Both are still right, James Young is a future league MVP.
7 (14.3%)
How DARE you!  Delete this thread and your account for this poll!
6 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: James Young: Who should be more embarassed, Danny Ainge or Bill Simmons?  (Read 13102 times)

Re: James Young: Who should be more embarassed, Danny Ainge or Bill Simmons?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 11:53:53 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
The tone of this thread is silly.  It was always a gamble pick and it was a good one.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 07:40:54 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Me. I thought he would be pushing for the starting job by now instead he may not make the cut.

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2016, 07:42:42 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
In 3 years I bet young is averaging something like 13 points a game somewhere.

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 08:20:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think the person, most embarassed should be James Young.  This is a classic case of someone who should have perhaps stayed in school.   He has had some PT, but not performed well in these chances.   I applaud him for working on his body.

Ainge provided him with an opportunity.   It was a solid pick at the time.  I do not recall that many folks thinking it was a bad pick.  Draft picks always involve risk so it is part of the business.

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 09:00:03 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Simmons.  He's the only one that 'embarrassed' could apply to.  The fist-pump was stupid.  Frankly, as a Celtics fan, I was embarrassed.

Ainge and Young himself should not be embarrassed.  They are both trying to do their job and each came up a little short, that's all, no reason for embarrassment.

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 10:04:28 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Neither. Show me a GM or fan who has never been wrong about a draft pick.

Also, James Young is still young, and he looked much better at least shooting wise in summer league. There is still hope for him.

That is kind of funny that he still has his supporters. He looked better than what? And the "he's still young" thing is really getting "old". He's a bust. Time to move on.

I take it you didn't follow the summer league. He was a much, much better shooter this summer than he has shown in the past.

I watched the summer league and he was still bad. His whole overall game is terrible. Are you hoping that he can hang around long enough to camp out in the corner and hit an open uncontested 3? I have no more time to waste on this kid.

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 10:28:56 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Young goes in the same bin as Fab Melo and Triple J

Trash Bin

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2016, 11:02:22 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Neither option.

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2016, 11:06:35 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I think the person, most embarassed should be James Young.  This is a classic case of someone who should have perhaps stayed in school.   He has had some PT, but not performed well in these chances.   I applaud him for working on his body.

Ainge provided him with an opportunity.   It was a solid pick at the time.  I do not recall that many folks thinking it was a bad pick.  Draft picks always involve risk so it is part of the business.

Yup, Ainge swung for the fences in a tough spot, and Young has totally failed to improve/expand his game. He should be embarrassed
I'm bitter.

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2016, 11:17:07 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Also, James Young is still young, and he looked much better at least shooting wise in summer league. There is still hope for him.

That is kind of funny that he still has his supporters. He looked better than what? And the "he's still young" thing is really getting "old". He's a bust. Time to move on.

I take it you didn't follow the summer league. He was a much, much better shooter this summer than he has shown in the past.

I watched the summer league and he was still bad. His whole overall game is terrible. Are you hoping that he can hang around long enough to camp out in the corner and hit an open uncontested 3? I have no more time to waste on this kid.

It's hard for some to admit that Ainge is ever wrong.

Get used to it.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2016, 11:19:36 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Get used to it.

Ditto for some and admitting that Ainge is ever right
I'm bitter.

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2016, 11:52:01 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Somebody is giving DA bad advice

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Get used to it.

We KNOW he's wrong from time to time. Any GM is. Even if you were GM, you'd be wrong at times (might I add, a LOT of times).

But he's also been right. A TON of times. You probably don't know what I'm talking about because you've filled yourself with so much hatred and enmity for Ainge, that you've been essentially blind to all the many good moves he makes. This was a gamble move. It didn't work. Move on. Every GM takes gambles, and every gamble has a good chance of not working out. It happens all the time.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2016, 12:21:13 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Get used to it.
please name a single poster here who agrees with ainge 100%, or never sees him as making a mistake.

you try to make a broad and overly general statement more compelling by invoking a straw man to support your view. please dont do that, it doesnt help your arguments.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2016, 01:17:42 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
The poll should also be re-worded. Option 3 is highly biased. Nobody ever said he was a future league MVP. Why not just say he is still a future starter, which is about what anyone hopes for from a pick in that range?

Per your request I have modified the poll.