Author Topic: Good Breakdown of Horford's Impact  (Read 2846 times)

Good Breakdown of Horford's Impact
« on: August 27, 2016, 12:31:30 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Re: Good Breakdown of Horford's Impact
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 01:16:48 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
IMO one of the nicest aspects of Horfords game for the Celtics is he fits well going small, or if the C's ever get a true center of value, he also fits going big.

While the Celtics are missing another go to shooter we all wanted, and a true center, Horford is a great signing, and should help in both.

He's 6-10, he's long, athletic, talented, and still just 30. He's going to really our interior D too.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 02:08:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
max, thanks for the link. it was a good read about horford. tp for finding and posting it.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 02:15:35 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Great read, and a good take on what Al brings to the table.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 02:24:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
His impact should be pretty significant.   There's a really tiny sample size, but Atlanta was like 20 wins worse when Horford didn't play.

On paper, we should win 50+ next year.  Horford is a big addition.

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 05:00:45 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I'm hoping with all my energy that we stay healthy or at least be healthy to mesh and full health in the playoffs!

I can still see CBS smiling today about the opportunity he has with Horford! This is the type of big he's been waiting for and he doesn't have to pray he grows into it like he has for others during his first 3 seasons! Wait, it's only been 3 freaking seasons? Wow!

Pleaaaaasssseee give us health!!!!!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 07:41:22 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Not a big fan. Always felt Hordford miss too many games. Worries me paying him such a big contract as well. Hope he does make a big impact though. I just doubt it.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 08:47:49 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Not a big fan. Always felt Hordford miss too many games. Worries me paying him such a big contract as well. Hope he does make a big impact though. I just doubt it.

He's missed 6 games the past 2 seasons, including a perfect 82/82 this last season.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 12:34:54 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

He's missed 6 games the past 2 seasons, including a perfect 82/82 this last season.

But he claimed to be banged up too often and in his 9 seasons three he played less than 68 games. Let's not pretend that injury isn't a concern going into his 30s.

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 09:26:05 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

But he claimed to be banged up too often and in his 9 seasons three he played less than 68 games. Let's not pretend that injury isn't a concern going into his 30s.
You don't have to, but I'm happy to 'pretend'.  Horford is a sold pro who knows how to take care of his body and has a good record of durability.  30 is just a number.

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 09:39:34 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'm really hoping his rebounding goes up just because of the fit on the Celtics vs Atlanta.  I don't think he has fallen off as a rebounder or why he would have given how he has gotten better in other areas and plays hard.  I think without Millsap next to him and the need for rebounds he can get up to 9 per game.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 03:41:11 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'm really hoping his rebounding goes up just because of the fit on the Celtics vs Atlanta.  I don't think he has fallen off as a rebounder or why he would have given how he has gotten better in other areas and plays hard.

His decline with rebounding, coincides with the acquisition of Milsap.   I think he will rebound and he will rebound better than we did last year with Sully.   Book it!

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 04:38:22 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I'm really hoping his rebounding goes up just because of the fit on the Celtics vs Atlanta.  I don't think he has fallen off as a rebounder or why he would have given how he has gotten better in other areas and plays hard.

His decline with rebounding, coincides with the acquisition of Milsap.   I think he will rebound and he will rebound better than we did last year with Sully.   Book it!

I think you're probably right. I believe our REB% was better with Sully off the floor last year, despite his penchant for grabbing boards. I too tend to believe that Horford is a better rebounder than he showed alongside Millsap and in the Hawks scheme.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 06:37:37 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

A few people around here have been saying this recently, and I totally agree. Millsap is a plus rebounder, and with Horford playing out towards the perimeter more, there just wasn't as many chances for boards.

We're gonna be relying on him to rebound more than he did in Atlanta recently. I fully expect him to average the same or probably more RPG than Sully did last year.

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 08:50:39 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Playoffs the last 2 yrs,  LeBron & Thompson  absolutely destroyed Horford on the boards.   Millsap was the only Hawk that held his own.