Author Topic: no press on gerald green- thank you nets again  (Read 4443 times)

no press on gerald green- thank you nets again
« on: August 27, 2016, 04:28:36 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
isaiah said he is excited to be reunited with green and called him a lights out shooter,read some stuff on green early season and energy he was bringing to defense in miami-his teammates were all happy with his effort
we have the nets to thank for green as joe johnson ate his minutes at end of season
by press i mean interviews or quotes from him on rejoining celts
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 08:12:18 AM by rollie mass »

Re: no press on gerald green- than you nets again
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 08:06:21 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It's off-season and he simply may not be available to the press right now.

In the couple of Celts-Miami games I saw (pre-JJ trade), he looked good on both ends.  Going back to when the C's drafted him, he always had the athleticism to be a good defender so glad he developed in that area.

Hopeful he can provide 10-15 mpg of energy/scoring off the bench.  That's all I want.

Re: no press on gerald green- thank you nets again
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 08:14:34 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
How come as soon as I read the topic I know it was written by Rollie?

TP

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 08:59:50 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker

TP
hey footey, live in england near manchestor united, they reminded me of celics in my 27 years here-
sometimes, i post for gaining info i have missed  or for different points of view
-this specific post was a reaction to my google attempts to find out where and what green was working on-tons of history but nothing current
also was trying to poke some possible authors into action
green to me has as a catalyst and with brads usage has the skill sets to be very effective for boston
he could conceivably have his best seasons going forward with isaiah and brad
i would love to see green blosum, as it just adds to brads mystique  and ainges ability to work with guys that may have had an off season-
-its like a big sign-IF YOU GOT TALENT HAD A BAD YEAR OR BEEN MIS USED
-we will rebuild your career
-just sign for vet minimum or a cheap contract with team option-
 we could even MAKE YOU AN ALL STAR
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:14:24 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 02:39:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

TP

no capitalization and no verbs?

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 06:20:24 PM »

Offline mahcussmaht

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
I'm irrationally excited about seeing Gerald Green in Green again.

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 07:31:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
I'm irrationally excited about seeing Gerald Green in Green again.

Me too. As IT said, Gerald is a light's out shooter, and as Ainge and most everyone on here has been saying, we certainly need shooting. Gerald, if he shows maturity and a great work ethic, is going to be a significant contributor for us this year.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 08:49:12 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

TP

Lol that's so funny but also true. It doesn't matter though, I really like the stuff rollie writes on here.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 09:34:02 PM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616

TP

Lol that's so funny but also true. It doesn't matter though, I really like the stuff rollie writes on here.

often think everyone should follow writing style.sign of respect
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 10:40:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

TP
hey footey, live in england near manchestor united, they reminded me of celics in my 27 years here-
sometimes, i post for gaining info i have missed  or for different points of view
-this specific post was a reaction to my google attempts to find out where and what green was working on-tons of history but nothing current
also was trying to poke some possible authors into action
green to me has as a catalyst and with brads usage has the skill sets to be very effective for boston
he could conceivably have his best seasons going forward with isaiah and brad
i would love to see green blosum, as it just adds to brads mystique  and ainges ability to work with guys that may have had an off season-
-its like a big sign-IF YOU GOT TALENT HAD A BAD YEAR OR BEEN MIS USED
-we will rebuild your career
-just sign for vet minimum or a cheap contract with team option-
 we could even MAKE YOU AN ALL STAR

Rollie, you're a part of  what makes celtics blog great. You often make a perceptive point in your unique voice.
Yeah, agreed that Gerald could have a nice role on this team. He was breaking out with Phoenix but seemed to take step back with Miami. Key will be his commitment to defense, which is why Doc used to bury him here. Hope he does well. Have a soft spot for Gerald.

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 01:30:04 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!

come home

*sippin*

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 01:40:50 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker

TP

being at times bedridden i have to post while holding the computer wtih one hand sitting slanted on my chest while typing with the other
i have in the last year and half suffered from full leg dvt(blood clots),an acute bi lateral pulmanary embolism that damaged the fine veins in my lungs,then a mini stroke and just recently a right and left bundle branch block in my heart-sept 1 i go in for tests to see how bad
i played ball it was the love of my life,i was coached by the best rollie massimino
,i suffered a career ending cartilage injury after being recruited by u conn and northeastern-
they sent two to the pros that year weitzman and harry barnes
-i have always followed the celts and grew up in boston but since i got ill have immersed myself in reading and watching as much as i can
so i apologize for lack of caps and sentence structure but have had to create this sort of postcard style ,that would pass mark twains criteria--
i do research to balance my homerism and defense oriented view of basketball
Got to a cap for you but its precarious

« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 01:46:58 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 02:05:14 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!

being at times bedridden i have to post while holding the computer wtih one hand sitting slanted on my chest while typing with the other
i have in the last year and half suffered from full leg dvt(blood clots),an acute bi lateral pulmanary embolism that damaged the fine veins in my lungs,then a mini stroke and just recently a right and left bundle branch block in my heart-sept 1 i go in for tests to see how bad
i played ball it was the love of my life,i was coached by the best rollie massimino
,i suffered a career ending cartilage injury after being recruited by u conn and northeastern-
-i have always followed the celts and grew up in boston but since i got ill have immersed myself in reading and watching as much as i can
so i apologize for lack of caps and sentence structure but have had to create this sort of postcard style ,that would pass mark twains criteria--

TP!!

mad props to ya!!

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 02:32:21 AM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
Rollie is the best. Everyone knows that.

It looks like Gerald Green's game depends on how good he shoots threes. He looks like a crap shoot that way. He could shoot them at 32% or 40%. He is definitely a good addition. This won't be wishful thinking like with David Lee. Green will either be serviceable or good. I think that way about most of the team, so they do have potential to become amazing. We have depth and good chemistry.

Brad works hard to set these guys up for success. Green should be fine. Ainge has picked up a lot of groceries and everything seems to be proceeding on schedule towards championship #18.

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 03:06:34 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

TP

Learning that you aren't actually named Rollie mass, but that it's a reference to your basketball coach kind of makes me feel the same way I did when I learned "Gino" wasn't actually "Gino", but merely a reference to the t-shirt he wore of pop singer Gino Vanelli.  Nonetheless, he's Gino and you're Rollie Mass.  You both are fixtures to the experience of my Celtic fandom.  TP.