Author Topic: Which position will your MyPlayer play in 2k17?  (Read 9844 times)

Which position will your MyPlayer play in 2k17?
« on: August 26, 2016, 01:51:33 PM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
Man this new "prelude" trailer got me hyped!!

Tell me if I'm a freak, but I'm already planning how to create my player 2 weeks before the demo releases  ;D
2k16 was a great game in my eyes, and I'm looking forward to play 2k17.
I assume most of us want to play for the celtics in mycareer, so what type of player do you want to create to lead the celtics to banner 18?

I will create a PF like Blake Griffin but with better defense and a prettier jumpshot, so basically the most dominant player I can imagine  ;D

So what are your plans?

Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

Re: Which position will your MyPlayer play in 2k17?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 01:58:41 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I normally make 3 main ones.

I wanna make an athletic, Westbrook-like point guard, then a Paul George esque SF, and finally a big rim protecting, lob catching big like DJ
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 02:39:10 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I usually go PG or Center. PG is high defender that can pass and score inside. Center is usually like Stat.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 02:49:32 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I actually haven't bought a 2k game since 2k14 when the ps4 first came out. I usually go for small forward - LeBron-like physique with Ray Allen like shooting :D

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 03:04:52 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Defensive center for sure.

Help the team win games by crashing the boards and protecting the paint
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 06:18:17 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
I actually haven't bought a 2k game since 2k14 when the ps4 first came out. I usually go for small forward - LeBron-like physique with Ray Allen like shooting :D
I loved the MyCareer for 2k14. Lots of great cutscenes, and the choices you made in the cutscenes actually affected the story. Unfortunately, we really haven't had anything like that ever since. Hopefully 2k17 revives MyCareer, and the NBA 2K franchise as a whole, because 2k16 left a really bitter taste in my mouth.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 06:37:27 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I loved the MyCareer for 2k14. Lots of great cutscenes, and the choices you made in the cutscenes actually affected the story. Unfortunately, we really haven't had anything like that ever since. Hopefully 2k17 revives MyCareer, and the NBA 2K franchise as a whole, because 2k16 left a really bitter taste in my mouth.

Yes...great cutscenes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmD7suihKHQ

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 06:42:49 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

Yes...great cutscenes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmD7suihKHQ

thats 2k15. im talking about 2k14. like i said, we havent had anything as great as 2k14's since then.

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 08:24:34 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
If I buy 2k this year (I hardly got to play 2k16, unfortunately) I generally always create a PG. And TBH, I don't think I've ever played for the C's. But hey, maybe this will be the year I try to join the C's so I think I'll try creating a small ball PF. I'm still deciding whether I want him to have range ala Rashard Lewis or one who flies everywhere ala Josh Smith.
- LilRip

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 10:20:48 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
7 foot power forward that can dunk like Tmac and 2k1 Ricky Davis, handle like vintage Chris Paul, and shoot threes like Dirk.

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 10:28:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I played "My Player" mode in 2k14 and felt it took way too long to make the player good.  He started as like a d league talent who was garbage and it seemed like it would take several hours of playing games until he was even mediocre.  It felt like the game was set up for micro transactions to force you to pay extra money for the player to be good.  I stopped playing.  Did they improve it in 2k15?

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 12:19:13 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
I played "My Player" mode in 2k14 and felt it took way too long to make the player good.  He started as like a d league talent who was garbage and it seemed like it would take several hours of playing games until he was even mediocre.  It felt like the game was set up for micro transactions to force you to pay extra money for the player to be good.  I stopped playing.  Did they improve it in 2k15?

You don't really need to make microtransacrions to get good. It's an NBA players career. It takes time to develop. LarBrd, you can't expect your MyCareer to be Tyreke Evans in his rookie year. And you aren't labeled as a disappointment if you can't become Tyreke in 2 years either. After 2 seasons on Hall of Fame difficulty, I was still averaging like 14 and 8. It takes time to develop. Several hours isn't really a lot either.

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 12:38:00 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

You don't really need to make microtransacrions to get good. It's an NBA players career. It takes time to develop. LarBrd, you can't expect your MyCareer to be Tyreke Evans in his rookie year. And you aren't labeled as a disappointment if you can't become Tyreke in 2 years either. After 2 seasons on Hall of Fame difficulty, I was still averaging like 14 and 8. It takes time to develop. Several hours isn't really a lot either.
lol

It just seemed that by default the game made you a d-league talent and then you needed to actually play full games over the course of an 82 game season to improve a tiny amount.  I wanted to play the mode but I wanted the guy to be a star prospect from the start.

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 01:36:28 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

lol

It just seemed that by default the game made you a d-league talent and then you needed to actually play full games over the course of an 82 game season to improve a tiny amount.  I wanted to play the mode but I wanted the guy to be a star prospect from the start.

yea i know what you mean, all jokes aside. the one issue 2k has is adjusting your guys overall relative to where you're drafted and how well you do in pre draft stuff. this year in 2k16, unless you got VC from other game modes outside of mycareer, you had to go through high school, college, and getting drafted without earning any VC. in your rookie year (thanks to the horrid storyline by Spike Lee) you only play 8 games, hardly enough to get better. by the time real gameplay actually started, you were in your second season and still like a 63 overall. They need to work on that more.

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 10:18:46 AM »

Offline mnshyn

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Forever Green
Every year I go into it focusing on the way I actually play on the court.  Over the past few years I've been relying more on my dribble drives and midrange shooting rather than post ups and being the roll guy, so I've went from being a PF/C to a PF, to I guess what Brad would call a swing.

So I'll probably choose SF, then every now and then hit the post or pick and roll/pop.

Man, I love how a new 2K means the season is approaching soon! Exciting times!
Play to win.  Always.