Author Topic: Phil Jackson wanted Jae Crowder.  (Read 4160 times)

Re: Phil Jackson wanted Jae Crowder.
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 04:32:52 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Phil's biggest mistake was trading Chandler. The Knicks somehow pried him away from the then champion Mavericks who didn't want to pay him, as I recall. He helped the Knicks a lot defensively in the middle. I don't know where Tyson is now--if he can still run--but he would fit in the middle on the Celtics if he has anything left. A big guy who can rebound and defend next to Horford.

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 04:41:26 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 290
I like it when people can admit recent mistakes. Like McDonough on trading Isaiah Thomas.

I don't get the same feeling. McDonough is just sorry he didn't get back more in return for the little guy

bottom line is, IT was not overly thrilled to be a sun and the org wanted to minimise disruption. i mean IT was never going to beat out Bledsoe or Dragic for a starting spot.

I'm not sure what you mean. I cited McDonough as admitting the IT trade was a mistake. He said it was a mistake (I think he is actually quoted somewhere as using that word).

Do you mean trading IT at all was not a mistake? That's not the point. THE trade that happened was a mistake and McDonough admitted it, I believe within a year or so. I like those recent reflections. That's all I was saying.

Of course he regrets not getting more. That's what makes it a mistake.

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 05:37:29 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
We see now he should have been ahead of maybe both. That's a matter of opinion with Dragic I think, though. I think Dragic has to start and be more of the ball handler where IT can play off ball more.

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 06:30:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I like it when people can admit recent mistakes. Like McDonough on trading Isaiah Thomas.

I don't get the same feeling. McDonough is just sorry he didn't get back more in return for the little guy

bottom line is, IT was not overly thrilled to be a sun and the org wanted to minimise disruption. i mean IT was never going to beat out Bledsoe or Dragic for a starting spot.

I'm not sure what you mean. I cited McDonough as admitting the IT trade was a mistake. He said it was a mistake (I think he is actually quoted somewhere as using that word).

Do you mean trading IT at all was not a mistake? That's not the point. THE trade that happened was a mistake and McDonough admitted it, I believe within a year or so. I like those recent reflections. That's all I was saying.

Trading IT for the Suns was not a mistake (they didnt want the distraction). Getting less value was. However they were never going to get max value with him showcased off the bench

RM can say it was a mistake etc.  But then read above

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 06:34:27 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Phil's biggest mistake was trading Chandler. The Knicks somehow pried him away from the then champion Mavericks who didn't want to pay him, as I recall. He helped the Knicks a lot defensively in the middle. I don't know where Tyson is now--if he can still run--but he would fit in the middle on the Celtics if he has anything left. A big guy who can rebound and defend next to Horford.

Chandler and Anthony hated each other. I had a friend who went to college in New York at the time who told me nobody in the Knicks locker room liked Chandler.

Right now Chandler is a Sun.

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2016, 10:51:34 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 290

Trading IT for the Suns was not a mistake (they didnt want the distraction). Getting less value was. However they were never going to get max value with him showcased off the bench

RM can say it was a mistake etc.  But then read above

Dude, we're saying the same thing.

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2016, 11:09:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Cannnnnnnn't ttt

Hav

UM