5 (9.1%)
Bentil
6 (10.9%)
RJ Hunter
42 (76.4%)
John Holland
2 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Who gets the last roster spot? RJ Hunter, James Young, Bentil or Holland?  (Read 7520 times)

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
My instinct is Hunter. Having read through the thread I am still thinking Hunter but feeling more convinced that the spot will belong to someone other than the four mentioned by the end of the season.

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Noel

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Hunter's the best player and it's not really close. In that snippet from a recent interview he also sounded pretty confident that he'll make the team.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
It's not going to be Holland.  Here's what probably happens.  When it comes time to trim the roster, Ainge will evaluate the probability that another NBA team will sign Bentil if he is waived.  If he think it is likely, Ainge will look to see what he can get for Hunter/Young and decide on whether there is more value in keeping Bentil or not.  If Ainge thinks Bentil can be assigned to Maine without another team snatching him, he will look to put Bentil down there and decide between Hunter and Young.  (It'll ne Hunter.)  The partially guaranteed contract is to make Bentil okay with an arrangement like that.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Bentil of Hunter

Hunter probably makes more sense to the Celtics since he has a history with Brad Stevens, has a high Basketball IQ, is a solid passer, has shown that he can bother people with his length on defense, and has a history as a top shelf scorer.  Probably has the versatility to play three positions (PG, SG, SF) in stretches if he bulks up a bit.  That type of versatility plays right into Brad Steven's system, and Hunter has only been here for a year so it feels a little unfair to give up on him so soon.

Bentil would be my personal choice - don't know why, I just see a big with a legit NBA body, NBA physicality, and a nice shooting touch.  I think those are nice things to have in this league.

I'd be pretty content with either honestly.  Would be very disappointed if it's Young, but I doubt Danny is forgiving enough to look past three seasons of complete uselessness.

Re: Who gets the last roster spot? RJ Hunter, James Young, Bentil or Holland?
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2016, 07:01:23 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Bentil appears more NBA ready than anybody of the players contesting for the final roster spot.

His game reminds of Sean Elliot and Udonis Haslem. He has more to contribute to the team.

Maybe Danny could package Young and Hunter for a future pick.

Re: Who gets the last roster spot? RJ Hunter, James Young, Bentil or Holland?
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2016, 07:19:01 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Noel

Haha i can dig that.  If Okafor, it's cool too.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell