Author Topic: nader made wise choice  (Read 1344 times)

nader made wise choice
« on: August 25, 2016, 09:18:48 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i enjoyed naders ascent in summer league
he took what was given and often it was a hole you could drive a mack truck through
he shot well and closed out his drives comfortably with either hand
now he has to impress in maine ,close to celts-the red claws jack up threes and run
-jackson will be playing with him maybe even mickey and hunter
just keep playing solid basketball both ends and hit your threes and you haven't p---ed the boss off-

Re: nader made wise choice
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 10:19:09 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I still think overseas would have been the way to go ($ wise), but I can definitely see why he made the choice he did, and I respect it.  Hopefully he does well and gets called up if we make a trade!
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 10:48:08 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Should have gone overseas.

Won't play meaningful NBA minutes.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 10:51:40 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
AGAIN, he made the choice to play with the Red Claws before he was drafted.  He might not have gotten drafted by the C's otherwise because they don't have room on the roster and really liked Jackson, Bentil, Zizic and Yabusele.

For background, google Josh Heustis.

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 11:01:14 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
if the celtics had no long term designs on nader after both portsmouth tournament and summer league ,they would have just offered him the contract and had him sign come to camp and play maybe really well and beat out hunter-which was going to be a difficult task-
so the celts wanted to retain his rights enough to force him to maine and not be waived and picked up after camp-which is a positive for nader
if he is going to be good, he is in a 3 point system,mimicking bostons with boston coaches in daily conversations about players-
also bonding with other draftees sent up jackson,mickey,bentil and hunter
-he has access to trainers and developes under nba guidance-if he sets the world on fire with 3 point shooting or stands out on defence-the first roster space that opens up might be his
barring that he hits sumjmer league again with bonds and familarity  and plays great
ainge will also give him an A+ for attitude-
and we can watch him play like i did dwight powell-win win celts -win for nader somebody will be watching over the winter-
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:30:21 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 11:01:48 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson

Well, no, it's quite hard to play meaningful NBA minutes when you're on the Red Claws (which is a DLeague, not NBA, team)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 11:04:02 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
AGAIN, he made the choice to play with the Red Claws before he was drafted.  He might not have gotten drafted by the C's otherwise because they don't have room on the roster and really liked Jackson, Bentil, Zizic and Yabusele.

I think we're all well versed on how DLeague stashes work, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have changed his mind after the summer league.  It would likely be a bad choice career-wise, but there's nothing legally binding about agreeing to be a DLeague stash before the draft.  And given the apparent tension before he officially decided, it looks like he knew it
I'm bitter.

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 12:46:22 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I think we're all well versed on how DLeague stashes work, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have changed his mind after the summer league.  It would likely be a bad choice career-wise, but there's nothing legally binding about agreeing to be a DLeague stash before the draft.  And given the apparent tension before he officially decided, it looks like he knew it
"all well-versed" - no, not all or even most.  I constantly see mis-interpretations.
"doesn't mean he couldn't have changed his mind"  - yes, that's probably what happened.
"likely be a bad choice career-wise" - yes
"nothing legally binding" - technically correct
"looks like he knew it" - yes.

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 12:55:46 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Well, no, it's quite hard to play meaningful NBA minutes when you're on the Red Claws (which is a DLeague, not NBA, team)