Author Topic: Chad Ford 1.0 (8/23/16)  (Read 13465 times)

Re: Chad Ford 1.0 (8/23/16)
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2016, 02:06:57 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Over/under December 15th before we start hearing how overrated / weak this draft class is.

I think we'll start hearing rumblings before college ball even starts. Not that that means anything either. People can say it's weak and it still turns out strong.

It seems like every single year we hear, at some point, that the draft class is weak and overrated.  Over-analysis tends to do that.

And that the following draft is always better, lol ::).

You keep saying this, but go back to the offseason of 2015 and you'll see people referring to the 2016 class as weak and the 2017 class as loaded. Things do change: 2014 is not looking like the epic draft it was supposed to be, and 2015 is shaping up to be a really special one, but those are examples of narratives changing after the draft. I don't think there's nearly as much posturing as you think.

Perhaps not, but it certainly seems like 'next year's draft is always better', in addition to what Pho illustrated, lol ;D. Ugh.  And where have I kept 'saying this'?  I haven't posted on here in, like, a week, I think ;D. Unless of course you were talking to Pho rendering this point moot ;D.

Thought you repeated that, apologies for that.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2016, 10:05:25 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Over/under December 15th before we start hearing how overrated / weak this draft class is.

I think we'll start hearing rumblings before college ball even starts. Not that that means anything either. People can say it's weak and it still turns out strong.

It seems like every single year we hear, at some point, that the draft class is weak and overrated.  Over-analysis tends to do that.

Every draft is either the best in decades or the worst in decades.

Giles sounds like exactly the type of player the C's need (especially if he can develop an outside shot) so I'd love to see him have a productive, healthy season and land here.

Seems like Danny won't draft anyone unless they're a bad outside shooter (the exception being James Young, who's turned out to be terrible).

But Giles isn't a "combo" guard, so he has no chance of being drafted by Danny anyway.  ;)

Lol, TP ;D. Plus, he's not an undersized power forward, so there's no chance that we take this kid, ahaha ;D. Although Ainge has taken guys with medical problems, so there's that ::) ;D. Ugh.

Ah, yes, the undersized PF—TP for catching that. ;D

So, if anyone really wants to know Danny's pick next year, it's the guy with the best combination of "bad shooter" and "undersized," with a dash of "can't dribble well." ;)

Oh, this one isn't even close. Here's how Insider describes Josh Jackson:

"super athletic wing," "incredible motor and competitiveness," "high basketball iq," "aggressive, yet unselfish."

Under negatives:

"needs to improve his jumper."

This guy has DA written all over him.

Mike

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2016, 10:12:37 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Josh Jackson has been coming on really strong.  I have a friend who saw a lot of the prospects play overseas recently and he said Jackson really stood out as the best player on the floor.  His athleticism is special and he plays intelligently.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 11:19:26 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Giles sounds like exactly the type of player the C's need (especially if he can develop an outside shot) so I'd love to see him have a productive, healthy season and land here.

Seems like Danny won't draft anyone unless they're a bad outside shooter (the exception being James Young, who's turned out to be terrible).

But Giles isn't a "combo" guard, so he has no chance of being drafted by Danny anyway.  ;)

Lol, TP ;D. Plus, he's not an undersized power forward, so there's no chance that we take this kid, ahaha ;D. Although Ainge has taken guys with medical problems, so there's that ::) ;D. Ugh.

So, if anyone really wants to know Danny's pick next year, it's the guy with the best combination of "bad shooter" and "undersized," with a dash of "can't dribble well." ;)

"super athletic wing," "incredible motor and competitiveness," "high basketball iq," "aggressive, yet unselfish."

Under negatives:

Mike

Sounds like we have a winner. ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 11:48:50 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Josh Jackson will be the #1 overall pick no matter who is picking #1. He's the safest choice. No way Giles gets picked #1 even though he has more upside and is a better prospect. The injuries will scare teams away even if he performs like a stud. I think it's pretty obvious he won't be able to stay healthy in the long run.

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2016, 12:47:23 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Kudos to Ainge for putting the Celtics in a position to reap the benefits, not only in the 2017 draft but also in the 2018 draft.

(I think he's a top 5 GM.)

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2016, 12:50:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Once the nets trade lopez or he is injured like last season, the celts will pick in the top 5 again. Yahooo

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2016, 12:57:28 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Under negatives:

Mike

LOL....TP. Cant argue with that!! He's a DA guy 10000%

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2016, 01:59:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Harry Giles is too tall and skinny to be an Ainge kind of pick at PF.

Bam Adebayo, headed to Kentucky, is 6'9'' 240.  That sounds more like Ainge's kind of guy.

Otherwise, I suspect the focus at the top of the draft will be on Jackson and Tatum.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2016, 02:44:38 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Couldn't agree more--TP

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2016, 04:27:17 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Bam Adebayo, headed to Kentucky, is 6'9'' 240.  That sounds more like Ainge's kind of guy.

Otherwise, I suspect the focus at the top of the draft will be on Jackson and Tatum.
ainge didnt flinch at acquiring jajuan johnson.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2016, 04:42:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

But came to regret...

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2016, 05:28:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

But came to regret...
yes, but your post is a non-sequitur.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2016, 08:43:48 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
If Crowder and Brown have strong seasons, and Jackson looks like a consensus #1 in June, I wonder how it could play out for the C's.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2016, 09:50:17 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

But came to regret...
yes, but your post is a non-sequitur.

How so?